New Raw XR-E

chocho

Newly Enlightened
MountainMan said:
Looking at the pictures at the start of the thread it looks like the ring holder protrudes and would prevent the RAW from sitting flat on its end. Or am I seeing it wrong?

Try the RAW Keyring kit from flashlightlens.com

The retaining ring (to which the split ring is attached) fits in the groove that is near the back end. Thus, no problems tailstanding.

-C

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dammitjim,

I seem to remember a post a year or so ago that said that the very early Raws had a limited thread and that it had been increased.

Pactchncn,

The Raw has no o rings either on the thread or at the lens. Like Chesterqw said, some light rain would be OK but nothing more. However, I took out the lens and put a tiny bead of silicone around the seating and put the lens back when it was half set. With this and a thick grease on the thread it's dunkable now.

Mountainman,

I believe that Rob now sends thin plastic coated wire 'lanyard' with each Raw now though that may only be for the Orb NS. If you ask for one I'm sure he will supply it. When fitted it stops the Raw from sitting flat but only by about 1mm and so it will still happily tail stand. Shove a penny under the side of a cup, it may rock slightly with movement but it doesn't tip over.

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
easilyled said:
Rob, it would be nice if you acknowledged my post in this thread
or the email that I sent you.
Bizarre timing I have just replied to your email Daniel.
:thanks:

raptor99

Newly Enlightened
hey Orb, i just ordered a one watt Orb raw that takes diposable cr2 batteries, with a blue trit and the 2 stage switch. I sent paypal and I was wondering if all that is still in stock, and how long until I can expect to have it shipped to me? thanks

Trever

ebfx

Newly Enlightened
:paypal:

Paypal sent for one Raw XR-E, set to 120 lumens high, with blue locator and shipping to the US.

I've had my eye on these for a while now.... glad to see that the XR-E is now standard. :goodjob:

KingSmono

Enlightened
Hey Rob, according to the e-mail I got when I placed the order, my Raw XR-E would be shipping today. Can you confirm that's still the case? Thanks!

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi James, Your order will dispatch tomorrow 21st, A day later than expected. :ohgeez: I need to get more hands...
Many thanks.
Rob

raptor99

Newly Enlightened
Hey Orb, just wondering if my Raw will go out today as well? thanks

Trever

bray

Newly Enlightened
alright mr. orb if i wanted to order one of these little beauties, i go through here and specify what i want (120 or 80)? and these do take rcr2s?

wastedagen

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,
Newby here, don`t really know anything about LED`s except the brighter the better.
I`ve read this thread and unless i`ve missed it, it doesn`t explain what a XR-E is.

I bought the original Orb raw a while back, which didn`t come with the keyring attachment. This is another thing thats drawn me to the new Orb Raw XR-E. Looking at it everything is pretty much the same except for this XR-E thingy.

Could someone be kind enough, in Laymans terms, to explain the difference between this XR-E Orb and my original.

Many thanks.:huh2:

P.S. Ok, I think i`ve found it. Basically more efficient, better battery life etc.....

So apart from having a keyring attachment, is it worth buying the New Orb Raw, or should I just stick with the old one.

Thanks In Advance..................:whistle:

Last edited:

KingSmono

Enlightened
wastedagen said:
Could someone be kind enough, in Laymans terms, to explain the difference between this XR-E Orb and my original.

Many thanks.:huh2:

P.S. Ok, I think i`ve found it. Basically more efficient, better battery life etc.....

Bingo! The original RAW uses a Lux III emittor. It was pretty good at the time, but now new companies are coming out with much more efficient emittors (for example, the Cree XR-E, that's in the new RAW XR-E), meaning they can be just as bright, but require much less current... so, if you drive them at the SAME current as the old LEDs, then they're WAAAAY brighter. :)

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
jmy808 said:
Can I upgrade my Original Raw w/ this new unit?
thanks,
Jay
The Upgrade cost was £30. I would suggest best to start a fresh with a new one for as little as £34 with out charger & PRCR2.

:thanks:

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perfectionist said:
Is the Cree available on the Sterling Silver version ??

Also, any chance of a 4-stage switch available in the future !!

Ideally, 120, 60, 30, 15 lumen levels :)

The next batch of Raw Ag will have the XR-E as standard.

4 Stages, Blimey 1 stage @ time. I can with a fiddle squeeze a 3rd stage in the NS. :sssh:

jlomein

Enlightened
Still debating the Raw Vs Ns...a couple of questions would definitely narrow it.

Am I correct in assuming the Raw comes with 1 trit slot for 6 pounds, and the Ns comes with 3 trit slots for 6 pounds?

The battery that comes with the Raw is protected and the Ns battery is unprotected?

thanks