New Sunwayman M11R Ti "Dream"

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow has come to this. Custom like light available for consumers. I agree with some others about the firefly. Would be nice with 4 mode output selection and hidden disco.

Roger Ranger

Enlightened
Wow has come to this. Custom like light available for consumers. I agree with some others about the firefly. Would be nice with 4 mode output selection and hidden disco.

I'd swap a firefly for the strobe setting. In a heartbeat.
It seems to be a common practice to "weaponize" lights by including a strobe setting. Usually, in a very accessible area of the UI. I use my lights every day. I've "strobed" my wife, my cats, my dog and myself. Never on purpose. Pisses EVERYBODY off.

recDNA

Flashaholic
If firefly were part of main sequence I'd buy it. Why not just use interface from v11r?

snakyjake

Enlightened
I'm disappointed that some of the modes (firefly especially) are hidden by weird twist sequences. The essence of the control ring's superiority as a user interface is that it's simple and you don't need any special knowledge to use it, and hiding modes in it seems to undermine that simplicity.

+1
I want a simple interface that goes from low to high...just like a radio control dial...or let me think....like all the dials that I have around my home! I don't want anything "HIDDEN" !!! Or something I can inadvertently engage (especially at an undesirable moment).

I also presume this is going to be an expensive light...so that too bursts the dream.
I have no problems with lower cost aluminum.

kj2

Flashaholic
+1
I want a simple interface that goes from low to high...just like a radio control dial...or let me think....like all the dials that I have around my home! I don't want anything "HIDDEN" !!! Or something I can inadvertently engage (especially at an undesirable moment).

I also presume this is going to be an expensive light...so that too bursts the dream.
I have no problems with lower cost aluminum.

Dealer here has it listed at €200. Ordered one today :)

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let us know how it works. I'm just not sold on the UI, tritium inserts or no inserts.

snakyjake

Enlightened
Value? If you want titanium and tritium, and don't mind spending a $145 premium over aluminum without tritium.

kj2

Flashaholic
Value is different for everyone. People are paying $200 for an HDS. Quality is great, but lacks real high output. In this case it's a combination between limited, titanium, magnet control ring and trits.

rickyro

Enlightened
I need a poor man HDS Rotary using AA.

So, please sunwayman make a V11A like this:
1. LED options, especially with high CRI LED, such as Nichia 219
2. screw fixed clip, like that on SC52 or Mcgizmo Haiku, not like that on V10R Ti or MDC AA
3. copycat HDS Rotary for the UI. If you can copy the programming, that will be even better (but this may have some IR problem then:))
4. no unnecessary cosmetics design, such as those in the ring.
5. Bezel also with those beautiful crenelations such as HDS and Mcgizmo. not for tactical purpose, just for light leak when placed head down.
6. AA battery, 14500 compatibility. no AA extension tube.
7. screw threads increased to at least three circles

If this model comes out, AL or TI, I will buy one, at least!

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need a poor man HDS Rotary using AA.

So, please sunwayman make a V11A like this:
1. LED options, especially with high CRI LED, such as Nichia 219
2. screw fixed clip, like that on SC52 or Mcgizmo Haiku, not like that on V10R Ti or MDC AA
3. copycat HDS Rotary for the UI. If you can copy the programming, that will be even better (but this may have some IR problem then:))
4. no unnecessary cosmetics design, such as those in the ring.
5. Bezel also with those beautiful crenelations such as HDS and Mcgizmo. not for tactical purpose, just for light leak when placed head down.
6. AA battery, 14500 compatibility. no AA extension tube.
7. screw threads increased to at least three circles

If this model comes out, AL or TI, I will buy one, at least!

You've described the light that Sunwayman will never, ever, make in a million years. And you want a "poor man's" version of an HDS that also uses AA's, in Ti? A cheap Ti light?

This is probably the wrong forum to ask them an impossible request anyways - I'd try the company forums in the Marketplace. But of the items you've listed, SWM has only really done #4 (in the V10a). I can't think of a light off the top of my head that matched ALL of the criteria you listed which wasn't a custom light - and thus, more expensive than the HDS Rotary, which you basically described just now.

Last edited: