New Sunwayman T45C and C21C

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure how to define what kind of flashaolic I am, I have to give it some thought.:thinking: What I can tell you is that I own much less than 20 lights that have a moonlight mode. I think it's six - perhaps that's part of why I want the next high-end light I buy to have one.

You make some valid points, and I hope I do too when I say that having a moonlight mode you rarely use it is better than lacking one you occasionally need. :)

I always have at least one light with me that has moonlight mode, but its often the smaller light like an L10 while at work. I don't mind my edc or workhorse light having moonlight but Smoe of my fav manufacturers don't do moonlight modes. Fenix flashlights don't have moonlight mode but I love em ;) most Nitecore don't have a moonlight mode, Surefire's don't have them, Streamlight doesn't. They all make some beauties.
Id gladly carry an extra light to have moonlight with me, but wouldn't discount a manufacturer for lack of a low low mode. Just my two cents :p

timo54321

Newly Enlightened
Looks like there's no pocket clip for the c21c. That makes is such a pain to edc.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my C21C today. Initial impressions : cool. There is a lockout feature by loosening the tail cap. It looks like battery length could possibly be an issue. My Eagletac and Redilast batteries stick out past the very end of the battery tube. Any longer of a battery may not allow the tail cap to make contact, therefore locking out the light. Once again maybe not an issue, but look at the photo.
e7e8ynas.jpg

9uhusybu.jpg

The black battery is the Redilast 3100 and the white is the Eagletac 3100. My Trustfire ( not pictured ) fits flush. The other 2 batteries protrude about 1 mm but work fine.

carrot

Flashaholic
Received my C21C today. Modes are spaced out nicely and I don't think I'll miss moonlight. Appears to have mode memory except when you switch between the two LEDs. Much smaller than expected.

Quick size comparison with lights I have laying around:

SK1h8NY.jpg

juplin

Enlightened
Received my C21C today. Just find these three flashlights are almost same in length, but slightly different in head diameter.

The clip of ZL SC600 can be used in Sunwayman C21C :D

Last edited:

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice, judging from the pictures I´d assume you could attach the Zebralight clip the other way round on the tailend as well?

eric

juplin

Enlightened
Nice, judging from the pictures I´d assume you could attach the Zebralight clip the other way round on the tailend as well?

eric
Can not attach the Zebralight clip in the opposite way around the tailend. The tailcap while being turned around, will be scratched by the clip.

rcled

Newly Enlightened
Received my C21C today. Just find these three flashlights are almost same in length, but slightly different in head diameter.

How is output and throw of the C21C compared to the Olight S20 (for example with the C21C set to high/510 lumen and the S20 set to high/470 lumen)?

Is max output visually similar to max on the Zebralight? Just wondering if the Sunwayman actually gets close to the claimed 830 lumen max

rcled

Newly Enlightened
Also, does anyone know if the Eagletac 3400mAh 18650 battery fits in the C21C?

Thanks

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bit the bullet and got the T45C. There's just something about the red and black that really gets me! :)

Will post info mini-review when the light arrives.

juplin

Enlightened
How is output and throw of the C21C compared to the Olight S20 (for example with the C21C set to high/510 lumen and the S20 set to high/470 lumen)?

Is max output visually similar to max on the Zebralight? Just wondering if the Sunwayman actually gets close to the claimed 830 lumen max
C21 with larger reflector is more throw than Olight S20. This is also supported by the specifications of max lumens/light intensity for C21C and S20-L2: 830 lumens/8,800 cd vs. 550 lumens/3,500 cd.

I have done the ceiling bounce test on C21C and Zebralight SC600 with 750 lumens max, and found the 830 lumen max claimed by Sunwayman should be true.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guys are killing me! I just said two days ago that I wouldn't buy any more lights for a while...that promise lasted all of two days. C21C on the way from GoingGear - I really like the look, and it is considerably brighter than the C20C I already have, plus the red LED as an added bonus.

RCLED, I would be willing to bet $100 that the Eagletac 3400 will work just fine. It is basically the same size as the C20C, and I have used that cell in that light with no issues.

rcled

Newly Enlightened
You guys are killing me! I just said two days ago that I wouldn't buy any more lights for a while...that promise lasted all of two days. C21C on the way from GoingGear - I really like the look, and it is considerably brighter than the C20C I already have, plus the red LED as an added bonus.

RCLED, I would be willing to bet $100 that the Eagletac 3400 will work just fine. It is basically the same size as the C20C, and I have used that cell in that light with no issues.

thedoc007,
I am almost hoping the Eagletac 3400 WON'T fit because I've already bought too many lights this year :D.

I hope you'll post your impressions after you receive it. Congrats on the purchase!

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
uquvynas.jpg

The red light is great for walking a wooded path. The beam doesn't throw very far. It's a circle of light . My guess is a 30 foot circle if the light is held facing the ground about 1 meter or 3.5 ft up. Even if you hold the light to shine the red beam away from you it doesn't throw far.
The white light is very bright. Lots of lumens from such a small light. Low is more like medium. A little too bright for me.

vudu7yha.jpg

Maybe a real photographer will take some red beam shots for everyone soon.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am almost hoping the Eagletac 3400 WON'T fit because I've already bought too many lights this year :D.

You're out of luck there. Received it this evening, just tested fit for all my cells.

C20C fits Eagletac 3400, Redilast 3400, Orbtronic 3100, does NOT fit Xtar 3400
C21C fits Eagletac 3400, Redilast 3400, Orbtronic 3100, and Xtar 3400

Xtar is the largest cell by a substantial margin, and will not fit in the C20C at all. Too wide. In the C21C it is a tight fit, but doesn't stick and slides out easily with the force of gravity. Clearly Sunwayman noted the earlier incompatibility, and bored the C21C just that tiny amount wider.

I hope you'll post your impressions after you receive it.

I do wish they had included a real low with the white LED. To access the red (mule) when you were using white, you have to turn it all the way off, then hold down the button for a couple seconds to engage the red LED. Not the quickest, and going to total darkness is not necessarily ideal.

Definitely less streamlined than the C20C also - I knew the head was larger, but for some reason the C21C flares out near the tail-cap also. Makes it harder to holster quickly (I'm using the Nite-Ize stretch holster, since it does not come with one.)

The C21C reflector is a very light orange-peel texture, the C20C reflector is smooth. And this does show up in the beam - the C20C has a slightly narrower hotspot.

The C21C is a heck of a lot more roll-resistant, for obvious reasons.

I thought the C21C would be the replacement for the C20C, but that is not the case. They are more different than I expected, so now I am keeping both. Why am I not surprised?

IMG_20130928_005844.jpg

Kabible

Enlightened
Battery length of 67mm works in mine. 68mm? Maybe not. Don't have one that length.
I like the main beam profile. Very wide spill and big fat hot spot. Throws just fine. Just a hint of green but not bad. This coming from someone who HATES greenish beams. I'd like to see an XM-L2 T6 option.
The side convex lens over the XP-E2 is actually red itself. If I look at it from the side, it's red. I suspect the LED is white.
I also wish the main and side lamps had one more lower level each and didn't cancel each others memory.
Lockout is easy to enter. Difficult & unreliable to exit. Tail cap lockout is a no brainer.
I agree that a clip and holster are needed features. Especially a clip.
My EC2 holster works well.
Overall though, it's a great general purpose light and a keeper.

Last edited:

Latest posts