New Sunwayman T45C and C21C

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, interesting. What exactly do you mean by "not clean beam"? Shape of it? Or can you notice some artifacts?

No artifacts, it is the shape of it. The SC600 is almost a perfect circle - when you rotate the light, the hotspot hardly changes. With the C21C it is very obvious when you rotate the light - the hotspot is not round.

This isn't a big deal, really - I only noticed because I was comparing the two lights at your request. In practical use, I never noticed...

Mandatory for a flashlight:
- 18650 type
- flood
- 700lm+
- easy interface (he do not like ZebraL interface, its to complex for him)
- durable (it may and will fall on the ground)
- small, pocket size.
- built in charger is a +, but Nitecore series with it are throwers and i need flood.
- no PWM

Would you consider C21C for that kind of application?

I haven't dropped mine, so I can only go by specs, but it feels solidly constructed, for sure. And the smaller a light is, the less you have to worry about drops, thanks to the square-cube law. I'm also unsure about PWM, but again, in real world use, I have never noticed it. Otherwise, I think it fits the bill nicely for your friend's use.

Warsaw

Newly Enlightened
thedoc007 thanks for valuable comments.

C21C fits Eagletac 3400, Redilast 3400, Orbtronic 3100, and Xtar 3400

Meanwhile I was corresponding with local Sunwayman dealer, and he says that Panasonic 3,4 mah protected (button top) nor Panasonic 3,1 mah protected doesn't fit C21C...

E: He confirmed that those cells do not fit, because of button top. Flat top will fit.

Last edited:

NeilP

Enlightened
I am seriously considering one of these..but before I leap.

any others with a dual output like this?

If the front reflector can be swapped out for a narrow 10 degree beam optic, or if it comes with a narrow beam optic, even better.

CaptainRogersUK

Newly Enlightened
You're out of luck there. Received it this evening, just tested fit for all my cells.

C20C fits Eagletac 3400, Redilast 3400, Orbtronic 3100, does NOT fit Xtar 3400
C21C fits Eagletac 3400, Redilast 3400, Orbtronic 3100, and Xtar 3400

Xtar is the largest cell by a substantial margin, and will not fit in the C20C at all. Too wide. In the C21C it is a tight fit, but doesn't stick and slides out easily with the force of gravity. Clearly Sunwayman noted the earlier incompatibility, and bored the C21C just that tiny amount wider.

I do wish they had included a real low with the white LED. To access the red (mule) when you were using white, you have to turn it all the way off, then hold down the button for a couple seconds to engage the red LED. Not the quickest, and going to total darkness is not necessarily ideal.

Definitely less streamlined than the C20C also - I knew the head was larger, but for some reason the C21C flares out near the tail-cap also. Makes it harder to holster quickly (I'm using the Nite-Ize stretch holster, since it does not come with one.)

The C21C reflector is a very light orange-peel texture, the C20C reflector is smooth. And this does show up in the beam - the C20C has a slightly narrower hotspot.

The C21C is a heck of a lot more roll-resistant, for obvious reasons.

I thought the C21C would be the replacement for the C20C, but that is not the case. They are more different than I expected, so now I am keeping both. Why am I not surprised?

IMG_20130928_005844.jpg

looking at the c21c- wouldnt a edl tdl20 holster fit the flashlight.. or one of the other eden hard quick release holders...

I HAVE FOUND THE EDEN HOLSTERS to be brilliant compared to others for durability and usability....although not sure if the short length of the body would be fitting to any of the holsters on the eden web site, although from past experience being a security officer and close protection officer I do prefer hard holsters for quick release.....

also as any one tried attaching filters to the mule with neorydium magnets (just a thought) if so I do know vinhy is customising and swapping the mule for an alternative...

what holsters have people found to be effective on the C21C... and as any one tried panasonic batteries in the light?

CaptainRogersUK

Newly Enlightened
got both lights yesterday :D
As always with Sunwayman, great finish. Absolutely love the look of these lights !
KeepPower 3400mAh protected doesn't fit in T45C (diameter) but is fine in C21C. Agree with Kabible that a holster is missing on T45C (I use the one for Nitecore EA4 for now). T45C is a power house ! nice beam quality, and good compromise between throw and spill. Only a bit bigger than EA4 but better throw, more lumens and better runtime.
Regarding C21C, I prefer C20C power spacing. But I felt in love of the red LED that provides a nearly perfect circle of light, without any hot spot. Beautiful ! A keeper for my collection.
My new EDC combo is now M11R + T45C (replacing EA4W). Will try to take some pictures tomorrow

since i do body guard work and dog handling could any one tell me if the strobe is an alaternating frequency strobe.. or a preset frequency and what frequency it is please...

the EA4 as a fluctuating strobe frequency.. but the added mule on the c21 would mean i may use this more depending on the strobe, and if i can find a useable holster for the c21c?

CaptainRogersUK

Newly Enlightened
Alarmingly, I discovered one of the screws fell out on my C21C. I asked Craig at Illumination Supply to send me a new screw but in the meantime I decided to put blue loctite on all my screws. I'd advise the rest of you to keep an eye on your screws!

how do you find after sevrice at illumination supply-last year i contacted them about a dead on arrival TN12 and never got a response, also being in the uk we have no service or repair contact for TN12:( pm me privately if you wish...

thanks in advance......

kj2

Flashaholic
looking at the c21c- wouldnt a edl tdl20 holster fit the flashlight.. or one of the other eden hard quick release holders...

I HAVE FOUND THE EDEN HOLSTERS to be brilliant compared to others for durability and usability....although not sure if the short length of the body would be fitting to any of the holsters on the eden web site, although from past experience being a security officer and close protection officer I do prefer hard holsters for quick release.....
You mean ESP LHU-** holsters?
Eden, a home-brand of KATO Group, don't have their own holsters.