New Sunwayman T45C and C21C

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
It will do 69mm cells easily. I'm betting even the 70mm FastTech Panasonics would be OK, although there would be a lot more tension in the spring. 68mm is probably ideal.

xpea

Newly Enlightened
got both lights yesterday :D
As always with Sunwayman, great finish. Absolutely love the look of these lights !
KeepPower 3400mAh protected doesn't fit in T45C (diameter) but is fine in C21C. Agree with Kabible that a holster is missing on T45C (I use the one for Nitecore EA4 for now). T45C is a power house ! nice beam quality, and good compromise between throw and spill. Only a bit bigger than EA4 but better throw, more lumens and better runtime.
Regarding C21C, I prefer C20C power spacing. But I felt in love of the red LED that provides a nearly perfect circle of light, without any hot spot. Beautiful ! A keeper for my collection.
My new EDC combo is now M11R + T45C (replacing EA4W). Will try to take some pictures tomorrow

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
T45C throws better than EA4? Interesting because manufacturers claims are almost identical (800lux/1m more for EA4).

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
How can I quantify the red? It is pretty red, but I don't know if that precludes it from being red-orange.

That's a good question, I guess you have to have a light with the red orange emitter to compare. The red should be a deep red, and not red-orange. So simple its hard to explain. :D

Looks like its a red emitter with a red diffuser over it??

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
In a brightly lit room, it is not a particularly deep red, but neither is it very orange, to my eye. A lighter shade of red, perhaps, but definitely not shifting much toward orange. Of course, as with all lights, the tint appears different depending on environment. In total or near-total darkness, it is a solid, fairly deep red, with no hint of any other color. Since that is presumably the intended use, I'd say the color is appropriate.

carrot

Flashaholic
That's a good question, I guess you have to have a light with the red orange emitter to compare. The red should be a deep red, and not red-orange. So simple its hard to explain. :D

Looks like its a red emitter with a red diffuser over it??

I'll put it this way. It doesn't appear to look very orangey on its own but it certainly lacks the deep red of my E1B with Olight red filter over it.

specimen

Newly Enlightened
Since I disappoint with SC600 switch that hurt my finger and cannot turn on when emergency(because I cannot press the switch) as I face, I return it to the box since the first night of using and promise that I will not buy this brand again if they still use this kind of switch.

For this Sunwayman, it is interesting that it should be the one that can fit the need of many person that have the same problem as me.

For the extreme low that this light lack, I never find any situation in real life that I need it.

Last edited:

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
T45C throws better than EA4? Interesting because manufacturers claims are almost identical (800lux/1m more for EA4).

I own both lights, they almost have identical hotspots, almost identical size reflectors, but the T45C has a more intense hotspot which translates to better throw. I bet the factor there may also be that the L2 led has greater output compared to the U2 of the EA4.

Plus the fact that the EA4 uses 4 AA's at a time, its not really my first choice when going on prolonged outdoor trips (several days, with no light in the evenings)... it will go through my battery supply quickly! 18650's may be a b*tch to charge in the outdoors with no electricity using solar panels, but due to the runtime they offer, i'm more at ease that I will still have a running flashlight after several days outdoor. (Sorry a bit off topic)

I will post a mini-review of the T45C which I got a few days ago, let me play with the light a bit more then I will release an honest report of pro's and con's of this light.

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
How does the C21C compare to the Fenix PD35? The throw seems comparable.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
How does the T45c compare to the Fenix tk35?

The T45C not only looks cooler, but is brighter than the Tk35. It's like comparing today's technology with old tech. Plus the fact that the 18650's are in parallel not like the series configuration on the TK35. In a pinch, you can run it with just 1 18650.

Warsaw

Newly Enlightened
Juplin, could you tell us how beam pattern of C21C compares vs ZL SC600? Is it also very floody or gives more throw?
Also - how exacly low voltage indicator works in C21C?

Cheers

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
...could you tell us how beam pattern of C21C compares vs ZL SC600? Is it also very floody or gives more throw?

The Zebralight SC600 Mk II has a slightly smaller and more intense hotspot, and slightly wider spill. But they are pretty similar. Maybe 5-10% wider spill angle, and hotspot looks similar enough that it would be difficult to tell them apart (on brightness) unless they are side by side. The C21C beam is not as clean, either, to me that is the biggest difference. The SC600 is almost a perfect even circle, and the C21C is not.

After having used the C21C for a week or two, except for the added red mule LED and brightness, I much prefer the C20C. Cleaner beam, better throw (smooth reflector instead of orange peel texture), still plenty bright for my use, comes with a holster, looks nice and is just that little bit smaller. I'd take either the C20C or the Zebralight over the C21C, hands down. I may be selling mine - kind of disappointed that the C21C is not more refined. The flared tail cap is particularly annoying because it prevents even my Nite-Ize stretch holster from working well.

juplin

Enlightened
Juplin, could you tell us how beam pattern of C21C compares vs ZL SC600? Is it also very floody or gives more throw?Also - how exacly low voltage indicator works in C21C?
The beam pattern of C21C is very similar to that of my SC600. Actually, my first-generation SC600 is slightly throw than C21C.
Low voltage indicator of C21C is very precisely operated. This indicator will be turned on around 3.2x V under load. While the 18650 is removed and measured, the battery voltage will be read around 3.4x V without load.

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
Alarmingly, I discovered one of the screws fell out on my C21C. I asked Craig at Illumination Supply to send me a new screw but in the meantime I decided to put blue loctite on all my screws. I'd advise the rest of you to keep an eye on your screws!

juplin

Enlightened
Alarmingly, I discovered one of the screws fell out on my C21C. I asked Craig at Illumination Supply to send me a new screw but in the meantime I decided to put blue loctite on all my screws. I'd advise the rest of you to keep an eye on your screws!
The screws of C21C are also used in many eyeglasses frames. Under urgent situation, you may also contact local eyeglasses stores for substitutive screws.

Warsaw

Newly Enlightened
Juplin, thedoc007 thanks for the info

The C21C beam is not as clean, either, to me that is the biggest difference. The SC600 is almost a perfect even circle, and the C21C is not.

Hmm, interesting. What exactly do you mean by "not clean beam"? Shape of it? Or can you notice some artifacts?

I need to buy flashlight for my friend (for a gift). It is specific situation - he runs grocery, and usualy buys vegetables/fruits etc on the market in the middle of the night. I gived him klarus St20 about 2 years ago, but it is time to replace it.

Mandatory for a flashlight:
- 18650 type
- flood
- 700lm+
- easy interface (he do not like ZebraL interface, its to complex for him)
- durable (it may and will fall on the ground)
- small, pocket size.
- built in charger is a +, but Nitecore series with it are throwers and i need flood.
- no PWM

Would you consider C21C for that kind of application?

Latest posts