**NEW** Sunwayman V11R (XM-L U2, 500lm)

Lucciola

Enlightened
That price includes a 19% VAT in EU. We don't have that on this side of the pond.

True! When you order from outside the European Union you don't have to pay the 19% VAT. So if you order at this dealer from the US the price should be EUR 94,90 -19% = EUR 76,87 which is roughly US$ 100,- (shipping included).

I already bought several lights from this dealer and can highly recommend him, although he's not the cheapest. But service is prompt and very friendly. Nice bonus: They'll laser-engrave any light bought from them without any additional charge. Nice touch if you buy a light as a gift for someone else.

Lucciola (who is not related with this shop in any way, just sharing experience)

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
They'll laser-engrave any light bought from them without any additional charge.

That's actually really cool.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse brevity and typos.

RBWNY

Enlightened
94,90 Euros -> $124.79 USD

Seems a little steep, hopefully it will be less from other dealers once the light is actually released.

Yow! Wouldn't sell for that much "here". I'd estimate $87. :naughty:

Torchaddict

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know if Sunwayman is also going to come out with a v11A?

I highly doubt it. They do have a AA extender though. That should fill the gap. Fits M10/V10/M11/V11

SUV11Rex.jpg

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been holding back on the V10R for reasons I could not understand... now I do!

JulianP

Enlightened
Anyone know if Sunwayman is also going to come out with a v11A?

Well, they're about to ship the V10R Titanium with extender in four days. It has 500 lumens from an XML U2. I preordered one from LightJunction.

I would have waited for the standard V11R with extender, which no doubt will be cheaper, but I thought it was time to own at least one Ti flashlight.

My V10A XML T6 460-lumen arrived yesterday, and I still can't put it away. It will be interesting to see whether the 40 lumens' difference between the two is noticeable.

Maxspam

Newly Enlightened
I would so love to see one with no tailcap switch, twist disconnect like the m11r with a nice pocket clip and a variable ring with an "off" position like the v20c.

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder... since the new AA extender we've seen claims to fit both the V11R and the M11R, do you think you could take an M11R body and put it on the V11R head, to get a no-tail-switch infinitely variable light? This would only be practical, of course, if the V11R control ring includes an Off position like the V20C, instead of just minimum brightness like the V10R.

scottyhazzard

Enlightened
What a conundrum, Sunwayman is putting out some nice lights that I would like but each has something that pulls me back from making a purchase. (or pre-purchase as the case may be)
1.The V10R Ti the machining on the ad photos is not good, zoom-in and look. It's un-even in the grooves and detailing. I'm left hoping that they decided to post photos of the rough prototype.
2.The M11R is really nice but under-driven.
3.The V11R is going to have a clip on clip.

Each time it's almost perfect. But falls short.
I Hope that the V11R will have a screw on clip like the V10R Ti. That would be sweet.
Am I overly picky?

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
@Bigmac - Dunno about the V11R but I've confirmed the heads are interchangeable between M11R & V10R (check M11R link in sig for pics). Like you said though, this only makes sense if the V11R will have an "Off" detent in the ring, otherwise you'll need to twist off to shut off.

@scotty - I measured the M11R's draw to be roughly 1A w/freshly charged AW16340 (non-IMR). While "under-driven" I was nontheless impressed by the output @ 31 seconds which was 288lms (and roughly 300lms at turn-on). Given this was nearly 25% higher than what Sunwayman claims (230), I questioned them re: this and they stated they tend be on the conservative side w/their claims.

Last edited:

scottyhazzard

Enlightened
Thanks, turboBB. Others have talked about SWM's intent to be conservative in their lumen ratings but to my knowledge you are the only one to confirm that this is a fact. Nice to see a company do that, put out a conservative lumen rating.

SDM44

Newly Enlightened
heh, I just now saw this thread but ordered the V10R for myself yesterday :p

oh well, just means I'll have a backup to the V11R when it's available :D

Latest posts