**NEW** Sunwayman V11R (XM-L U2, 500lm)

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
V11R detailed specs and pics just posted on manufacturer's site:

http://www.sunwayman.com/html/products/201203/87.html

cheers,

__philippe

Ooohh, the V11R "révolution"! Thanks for the heads up __philippe!

I'm a bit dissapointed, it looks the control ring goes min to max like the V10R, instead of off to max like the V20C. Also, they still show a snap-on clip instead of the screw-on clip that they gave the V10R Ti+.

Still, I'm very excited for this light, and it is a definite upgrade from the V10R.

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
How is this different from the V10R?

From the info we have so far:

+increased max output (up to 500 lumens)
+U2 binned XM-L instead of T6, more efficient (better run times when at the same output level)
+knurled control ring for better grip
+metal switch instead of rubber
+slightly better clip (but not much better)
+control ring marked so you know the level before you turn on the light
+matching extender available
+cutout tail cap
+révolution

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
At least révolution makes sense, as the light is control by a rotating ring. Mr. Elfin I guess just means that it's small like an elf...

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
500lm with regular non-rechargeable 123s !?

No, 190 lumen max on regular CR123's (though SWM usually underrates their output claims, so I'd guess it's actually a little more than that). The 500 lumen max is using a 16340 (or a 14500 w/ the extender) lithium ion rechargeable cell.

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
Per SWM:

- Advanced Fully Variable Magnetic Control Technique
- Equipped with XM-L U2 LED, Max Output Up to 500 Lumens
- Broad-voltage Circuit, Better Compability
- Exquisite Metal Tail cap Push Button
- Optional AA Extender, Perfectly Two in One

Refer to their page:

V11R MSRP is USD $95
Extender
MSRP USD $18 (same one as with V11R, V10R, M11R, M10R)

Should be here late April.

Great on the metal tail switch.
Not so great it's a snap in clip instead of screwed in.
Undecided on the feel as it comes in like a Quark 123/V10R crossover (with the knurling)

Here's a bigger picture (than on their website):

hidcanadav11r.jpg

Last edited:

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
If this was a high CRI light with the same specs, it would definitely be my perfect light. I'm still getting one until that day arrives...

Rokron

Newly Enlightened
ohgeez.gif
I can see some Ti trit mods coming for this one. Let's see now,
thinking.gif
the bezel, the switch. Who knows maybe even a cooling fin.
eek.gif
Good grief! I'll need to get a raise to afford all this stuff!

Last edited:

kkeyser

Newly Enlightened
From the info we have so far:

+increased max output (up to 500 lumens)
+U2 binned XM-L instead of T6, more efficient (better run times when at the same output level)
+knurled control ring for better grip
+metal switch instead of rubber
+slightly better clip (but not much better)
+control ring marked so you know the level before you turn on the light
+matching extender available
+cutout tail cap
+révolution

I'm with garageboy on this, I don't really see the difference between this and the v10r. Some cosmetics, minimal increase in lumens from the t6 to the u2...if anything, this light cosmetically resembles others out there - the v10r does not. The metal button vs. a rubber one could even be seen as a downgrade by some if the metal button 'catches' and is not as smooth as the rubber one.

I'm not saying I won't be getting one, but I just don't see the reason for this. Maybe I am missing something, wouldn't be the first time.

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I definitely need to get one of these, I don't own any SWM lights yet...

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm with garageboy on this, I don't really see the difference between this and the v10r. Some cosmetics, minimal increase in lumens from the t6 to the u2...if anything, this light cosmetically resembles others out there - the v10r does not. The metal button vs. a rubber one could even be seen as a downgrade by some if the metal button 'catches' and is not as smooth as the rubber one.

I'm not saying I won't be getting one, but I just don't see the reason for this. Maybe I am missing something, wouldn't be the first time.

V11r has knurling on it which should hopefully make it less likely to squirt out of your hands compared to a V10r.

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's true that this isn't a huge step up from the V10R, but I think it's important to note that while the U2 doesn't have that much of a max output increase over the T6, it is also more efficient, which means that if you set them both at the same brightness and turn them on, the V11R will last longer. This is especially important for those of us that want to use 16340's, that have such low capacity.

JulianP

Enlightened
Refer to their page:

V11R MSRP is USD $95
Extender
MSRP USD $18 (same one as with V11R, V10R, M11R, M10R)

Should be here late April.

I am not sure about the pricing on this one. I think $68 is closer to the mark. For $68 one can buy the V10A XML T6.

The RRP of $113 makes you wonder whether to go for the Titanium + extender, which sells for $188 un Lightjunction's website - $75 extra for titanium which IMO is not bad.

peterharvey73

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ooohh, the V11R "révolution"! Thanks for the heads up __philippe!

I'm a bit dissapointed, it looks the control ring goes min to max like the V10R, instead of off to max like the V20C. Also, they still show a snap-on clip instead of the screw-on clip that they gave the V10R Ti+.

Still, I'm very excited for this light, and it is a definite upgrade from the V10R.

++1

Skyraider59

Newly Enlightened

I agree regarding the new look of the V11R, you take the distinctive Sunwayman cooling fins type head away, and you are left with a body which resembles other manufacturer flashlights.
The body of the V10 and M10 series made them stand out, I am not saying they were perfect as they did not offer the same practical grip as knurling, but they looked different and this is what many collectors look for. I do!

I like the new magnetic ring with visual markings but again I would have preferred a less conventional looking ring, the V10 ring despite the fact that it did not have outstanding grips did stand out in its look for me,
I like the optional AA extender, I presume the internal will be made like the Ti version ie in one piece, if this is the case I think they missed a good opportunity by not making it with a removable inner sleeve, that way you would have been able to fit with the extender/sleeve 14500/AA and with extender minus the internal sleeve a 17500 which is about the same length as a 14500 but higher amperage. Now what a combination this would have been !
I like the XM-L-U2 anything squeezing a few more lumens and minutes is a plus for me
I like the fact that you can interchange parts with the V10R, V10A, M10A, M10R and M11R
I like the new Ti switch for it looks.
I am unsure about the new scalop tail, it may allow to have the V11R standing while the lanyard clip is attached to it (difficult to say from the photos), if this is the case this would be a good thing, this also look more tactical and probably easier to use with gloves, but for me the tail end now looks like many others. Regarding the light tail standing with a lanyard clip, all they would have had to do, is to manufacture a cut out next to one of the holes to allow the clip to lodge itself while tail standing with a lanyard. Simple and effective!:)

I use my lights and by experience the edges of the head and tail do get scratch/chipped easily despite the type III hard-anodize body and I would love to see the Ti bezel being sold as an accessory and maybe a tail switch with Ti bezel for those who like pimping their flashlights.

I already have a V10R Ti and was looking into purchasing a XM-L V10A or V10R in black, would I go for the new V11R instead?:sssh: I am unsure, I will have to wait for a full review and loads of real life photos.

Skyraider59

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
I am not sure about the pricing on this one. I think $68 is closer to the mark. For $68 one can buy the V10A XML T6.

The RRP of $113 makes you wonder whether to go for the Titanium + extender, which sells for $188 un Lightjunction's website - $75 extra for titanium which IMO is not bad.

@JulianP, that's just the MSRP. The MAP and actual selling price will vary of course.