New Surefire Lights at SHOT Show 2013

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
the P3X Fury.
..if anyone SF owners know, is the light output on these lights brilliant pure white?.
my fenix pd32ue is creamy white (3C tint), but a whiter white would be nice too.
wondering if its as really white as the videos show, whiter than the pd32ue, or is it just some cooler blue.

thanks.

I have E1L, E2L, E2L AA, E2DL and P2X Fury. Allt these I would consider as "pure cool white". Fenix PD32UE is warmer and cream tinted in comparison. About P3X Fury I think no one can answer, because it's not yet released, if I am right. Personally I would wish NO light to be cooler tinted than PD32UE, it's just great! Nichia 219 is even better, however...:)

Glock 22

Enlightened
The P3X 800 lumen Fury would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bucky

Enlightened
Aaron Zapata of SF in an online video says the new 500 lumen lights use Osram LED's and seems to say they will be out around March (I know, I know...:rolleyes:):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ihbmxrfAG34

The video was posted earlier on this CPF thread:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...nnouncements&p=4116904&viewfull=1#post4116904

This year's protoype of the SF 2211 with the watch has a Luminox (instead of Traser) brand in the video. Of horological interest to me is the stem and crown (the little knob you use to set the watch) at 9 o'clock rather than the more customary 3 o'clock. The watch looks very similar to a Luminox 3051 which has the less expensive one jewel Ronda movement.

Aaron shows a version of the Fury that takes an 18650 rechargeable [I now see that it's the P1R Peacekeeper mentioned earlier - Vox]. I just really hope it's not some proprietary battery package like the one on the R1 Lawman.

The current Fury works great on a 17670, just needs a 1 mm larger bore from what I see.

Does it appear to anyone else from that video that the 500 lumen Ultra versions of the E2DL and LX2 do not have TIR?

Moonwayman

Newly Enlightened
Wow I would love to see a 500 lumen TIR optic, where do I sign up? I am so impressed by the throw of the E1b given its modest 110 lumens, I can't imagine what an extra 390 lumens would do. Now Surefire just has to produce and put them up for sale.

Did I hear correctly that they are going to make a 12 cell light??????

tonkem

Enlightened
Does it appear to anyone else from that video that the 500 lumen Ultra versions of the E2DL and LX2 do not have TIR?

It did look like it was possible that they removed the TIR, but unlikely. Perhaps Marshall from Goinggear with have a video up soon, with some answers.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW look at that 4000 lumen LED Annihilator What LED will that use to get 4000 lumens?
There's a video where Aaron the surefire guy explains that it has two white LED dies that produce 1000lm which is surrounded by six green dies that produce 5000lm in total. (Not sure why it's then advertised as 4000). Although it's a working prototype, it doesn't sound as though it's going to be released anytime soon.

Bucky

Enlightened
I saw that video--before my post above.

He said 22mm bezel, but nothing about TIR. And if you look at it, it does not appear to be TIR anymore.

Plus, look at the placard below each light. Neither mentions TIR.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw that video--before my post above.

He said 22mm bezel, but nothing about TIR. And if you look at it, it does not appear to be TIR anymore.

It looks to me like the 'new' TIR optic that is in the EB1 in all of these 500 lumen lights.

In the past, SF has used another (Fraen?) optic in several one and two cell lights with the E1B, L1, LX2, X200 and E2D LED.

Although the herky jerky cell phone videos and grainy Blackberry pictures are better than nothing, I sure appreciate a real camera, even a little point and shoot for stills, and motion stabilized video like in the clip above. :thanks:

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the LX2 Ultra gone?

It's in the GunsAmerica video above starting at :38 in both clicky and tactical switch 500 lumen versions. Thomas doesn't call it 'Ultra' but that designation is on the product cards in front of the lights at :50 in the video (don't want to say 'in the clip' during the Inauguration lest I get a knock at the door ;)).

Viking

Enlightened
Is the LX2 Ultra gone?

No the surefire representative in the video above , was obviously making a mistake calling the demonstrated flashlight "LX2" ( There is also an upgraded version of that flashlight coming up
very soon ).

But the demonstrated flashlight in the video , was probably the ultra version according to the specs being mentioned.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
when they say 'white light' how white is it?
CW?. NW?. CCT?.

thanks.
All you know is "more white than not", but Surefire tends to use CW for more models, and in the past the tint has varied significantly between samples of a single product.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks,...they look good, but in the clips there is some green, so i thought green white / cool white.
good build, but wish they made neutral / white white.
thanks.