New Surefire Lights at SHOT Show 2013

entlassen

Newly Enlightened
I am not familiar enough with SureFire to know their release patterns, but what is the best guess as to when the E2D LED Defender Ultra (500 lumens) will come out? Would you say Early/Mid/Late 2013, or perhaps not even this year?
I remember seeing the LX2 Lumamax Ultra (500 lumens) in their 2012 catalog (and also listed in the 2012 SHOT show) and am not sure what ever became of that product.

Thank you for sharing any insight you might have. ^^

dmz

Enlightened
If the E2D LED Defender Ultra is TIR, does it have usable side spill or is it just a focused hotspot? At 500 lumen the hotspot might be too bright. I need some side spill.

Last edited:

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stuart was here recently I believe to help out with some counterfeit SFs a member posted about.

He stopped working for Surefire in August. Currently working for Mophie AFAIK.

Was great having him deal with CS and tech support at Surefire:twothumbs

brianna

Enlightened
I am not familiar enough with SureFire to know their release patterns, but what is the best guess as to when the E2D LED Defender Ultra (500 lumens) will come out? Would you say Early/Mid/Late 2013, or perhaps not even this year?
I remember seeing the LX2 Lumamax Ultra (500 lumens) in their 2012 catalog (and also listed in the 2012 SHOT show) and am not sure what ever became of that product.

Thank you for sharing any insight you might have. ^^
My best guess would be middle to late in the year or possibly 2014. Most of the stuff that surefire puts in their catalogs never even comes into existence. I try not to even look at the catalog anymore really sucks to be disappointed year after year.

brianna

Enlightened
If the E2D LED Defender Ultra is TIR, does it have usable side spill or is it just a focused hotspot? At 500 lumen the hotspot might be too bright. I need some side spill.
It is a very focused hotspot but it does have usable side spill. A lot of fun to play with outside. I would not recommend it for close-up work.

Sularetal

Newly Enlightened
the bigger lights from surefire...
http://youtu.be/rcMDtJtoXag

Green LEDs?!

I am no expert on tint, and couldn't tell from the video anyway, but do you think that would make the beam a bit more. . .greenish than normal? Or would the blast of power from the white LEDs drown it out and make it more white? Just curious. Regarding the Annihilator of course. . .

KROMATICS

Enlightened
They seemed to indicate that it had 8 LEDs on a single die with 2 white LEDs for up to 1,000 lumens and then those combined with an additional 6 green LEDs beyond that for up to 4,500 lumens. The beam looked very green so this is nore than just a green tint. Not sure how usable this is. :shrug:

Last edited:

brianna

Enlightened
My personal predictions are as follows

LX2 Lumamax Ultra (500 lumens) Since this light was supposed to come out in 2012 with a puke green LED and never did, plus the fact that they don't talk about that green LED anymore. I am pretty confident we are going to see this light come out March 2013 without that weird green LED that they were saying improved vision.

I also think that EB1 model 200 lm is going to be secretly improved. It will have flat regulation and 200 lm. I also think Surefire will keep the secret and never breathe a word about it. I think that will happen fall of 2013.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also think that EB1 model 200 lm is going to be secretly improved. It will have flat regulation and 200 lm. I also think Surefire will keep the secret and never breathe a word about it. I think that will happen fall of 2013.

I'm also starting to think that the EB1 firmware update that Robin24k said was coming will be slipstreamed into future production and not offered to those of us foolish enough to buy the light early. We'll see.

FPSRelic

Enlightened
My personal predictions are as follows

Really? What are you basing this on?

N/Apower

Enlightened
My best guess would be middle to late in the year or possibly 2014. Most of the stuff that surefire puts in their catalogs never even comes into existence. I try not to even look at the catalog anymore really sucks to be disappointed year after year.

The E2D U is real. They use the technology in the X300U, and putting it in the E2D format will be easy enough. Probably summer of this year is my guess.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
;)
The E2D U is real. They use the technology in the X300U, and putting it in the E2D format will be easy enough. Probably summer of this year is my guess.

Similarly, I would think the same 500 lumen head electronics and emitter are used on the LX2 Ultra. Aaron Zapata says in the video that the new lights on display are coming out this year. Honest. :rolleyes:

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just watched the video. Guys, correct me if Im wrong, but I think I heard the surefire guy say that the peace keeper light will use a removeable 18650. And 700 lumens. Looked like a light similar to the Fury P2X.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just watched the video. Guys, correct me if Im wrong, but I think I heard the surefire guy say that the peace keeper light will use a removeable 18650. And 700 lumens. Looked like a light similar to the Fury P2X.

Yep he says that at 5:35 in the Going Gear SHOT Show clip. He also says the same thing about the SF R1 Lawman at :40 in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZkRl12moU0

The R1 takes a proprietary SF 18650 battery right? I get a funny feeling that will be the case with the Peacekeeper. :shakehead

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened
;)

Similarly, I would think the same 500 lumen head electronics and emitter are used on the LX2 Ultra. Aaron Zapata says in the video that the new lights on display are coming out this year. Honest. :rolleyes:

As for the LX2 Ultra I'm thinking, hoping since it was at shot show last year they will have it out this year. At least one can hope.:laughing:

Latest posts