New Surefire Lights at SHOT Show 2013

brianna

Enlightened
All the TIR optics are based on the same mathematical design. Therefore all beam patterns between other TIR optics have to stay similar to each other. I have To say no I did not play with the two new ultra 500 lumen models in my hotel room at the shot show;) The lights I did not play with are still prototypes. So final product may be:green: green.

bill_n_opus

Enlightened
Thanks! I see the P1R Peacekeeper, 700 lumens dual mode clicky. Looks like a combo of the Fury-styled head, knurled body and LX2 type tailcap.

SF has filed recent trademark applications for the names 'Aegis', 'Wasp' and 'Mantis'.

A curiously abandoned SF trademark is 'The Eye of Allah' :confused: : http://www.trademarkia.com/the-eye-of-allah-78470388.html

Are you being serious? Or are you joking?

"The Eye of Allah" might sound "cool" to some people ... but it's totally offside to many others.

Might as well trademark "Slanty Eyes of the Chinaman" to describe the focusing abilities of a flashlight. (I can say that because i'm Asian background, lol)

It's no wonder SF abandoned that trademark. It's also no wonder that this phrase hasn't been snapped up already.

That phrase is persona non grata pretty much in any environment or forum short of a video game ... and even then they wouldn't touch it with a 10ft pole.

Anyways, to keep on topic, SF has some nice teasers ... but the difference is that any company can make one-offs or prototypes that exhibit extreme power or droolworthyness ... but making it to reality is quite another (at an acceptable price for the target audience/consumer) ...

Other companies leak out high performance specs and CPF'ers automatically believe that ETA is imminent and begin to speculate on pricing, battery options, various specs and availability. SF fans will wait for the proverbial hot girl to call them back. When that hot girl actually calls them back it's bliss and fantasy ... otherwise the dream keeps on like a wanting 15 year old boy.

What's also interesting is that I used to see VP Eng Paul Kim with a fairly high profile role ... he seems to have much less visibility lately over the last 3-4 years ... am I correct in saying that?

Lastly, that Annihilator sounds awesome!

hangn_9

Newly Enlightened
wrist light 200 Lumens 495$ really? Am I missing something?

Cant I do the same thing with a Zebra light and a modded watch band?

I gotta be completely missing something here.

steve.tfb

Newly Enlightened
SHOT Show was a lot of work this year and I did not have much of a chance to look at the flashlights, but I was given a tour of SureFire's booth. These are the new flashlights they had on display.

The X400V pistol light ...

surefireshot1.jpg

DSF-870 Shotgun Fore-end/Flashlight Mount ...

The DSF-870 is being manufactured differently now with an outer shell and an inner shell that are glued together. This will allow them to make inner shells for a range of different tactical shotguns in the near future.

Y300 Ultra ...

Annihilator ...

Last edited by a moderator:

yliu

Enlightened
The Annihilator looks like a beast!

The beam of the TIR lights like the M6LT looks gorgeous, can't imagine it with 4000 lumens!