New Thrunite Ti2 model - 3lm & 81lm

Megacam

Newly Enlightened
Re: thrunite ti vs ti2?

I just placed an order for the 5 pack of ti's through Amazon for the same price as the thrunite store. I actually emailed the us distributer who deals with the Amazon orders and they are able to send me a 0.04 firefly model in black only. YMMV. I also told them to feel free to send the new ti2 in the other colors if it was possible :naughty: Thanks Sholyn Y!

Last edited:

american

Enlightened

i requested a .04 model in there but they didnt speak English and said 3 lumens were the same. then they send me a ti2 in black and the other colors were normal 3/60 lumen. i noticed the differnt led. also the ti2 feels more quality to me for some reason. for some reason i got one bad one outa 5 that wont go past low mode the threads seem to run out so hopefully they'll send me a new one,

Bwolcott

Enlightened

i requested a .04 model in there but they didnt speak English and said 3 lumens were the same. then they send me a ti2 in black and the other colors were normal 3/60 lumen. i noticed the differnt led. also the ti2 feels more quality to me for some reason. for some reason i got one bad one outa 5 that wont go past low mode the threads seem to run out so hopefully they'll send me a new one,

Try popping the tab out some on the head where the positive end of the battery touches it

Norm

Retired Administrator

I had one like this, solved by using a different brand of battery.

Norm

american

Enlightened

I had one like this, solved by using a different brand of battery.

Norm

I noticed that too it wouldnt work on a rayovac but would on a dollar store batt thats unacceptable though i would have to try out every brand

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Norm

Retired Administrator

I noticed that too it wouldnt work on a rayovac but would on a dollar store batt thats unacceptable though i would have to try out every brand

Put a small spacer in the bottom of the battery tube.

Just tried a 10mm X 1mm washer and it works perfectly, glued it carefully with two tiny spots of Arctic Alumina, it brings the head height to exactly match my other four.

I really couldn't be bothered returning the light for such a small problem.

It was a green Ti, I wonder if it's green that has this problem?

Norm

Last edited:

Dubois

Enlightened

I'd one of my "buddle" of 5 (the black one) DOA. Tried pulling out the tab, to no avail. Tried eneloops and Duracell alkaline - neither worked. After some fiddling it did light, but only one mode (neither high nor low), and only intermittently. Thrunite have sent replacement. With a bit of luck it will be the Ti2. Or maybe I'll get a Ti2 with the TN10 I've just ordered via eBay:)

american

Enlightened

everyone elses problem seems to be its stuck on high mines stuck on low so i would want to add height between contacts not shorten correct? and what kinda of washer metal?

Norm

Retired Administrator

everyone elses problem seems to be its stuck on high mines stuck on low so i would want to add height between contacts not shorten correct? and what kinda of washer metal?
I used zinc plated mild steel, brass would have been better, no worries about rusting the washers have been in my stash for at least 35 years and are still bright and shiny :)

Norm

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast

I ordered from their Ebay store and it shipped from California.
So there is still time for Xmas gifts.

Last edited:

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoever did it:
Thanks for outbidding me! :sweat:

The bidding has now gone over the regular Buy Now Sale price available.
It's not too late if you wanna pay more than retail!

The one I ordered from the Ebay Thrunite-Store shipped from California with free tracking.

Last edited:

AlphaZen

Enlightened
Just ordered one last night. FYI, on the light blue one listed for 19.98 buy it now, I offered 16 and it was accepted.

This will be the third Ti I have owned. The first one was the firefly model, but I really only have use for the firefly mode on one light, my bedside light, which is something different (sunwayman v10r), so I sold it in the marketplace and bought a 3 lumen model. That light has served me well, but the tint is awful. When I saw these new ones, with the upgraded emitter I jumped on it. Hopefully my new light will have a better tint.

american

Enlightened
New thrunite ti problem

Only has low mode with a rayovac alky. But with a panasonic it works fine and also a recharble rayovac works fine. The alky seems shorter. Anyone else?

Norm

Retired Administrator
Re: New thrunite ti problem

Your cell is too short to activate High. See above answers, my green TI in a five pack was slightly 1mm longer in the battery tube, fine with some batteries not with others.

Norm

Last edited:

american

Enlightened

Well after them explaing how to fix it myself which i knew wasnt working. They sent me a new one and it works fine jst bad qc on the old one. So 4 of mine worked fine on 4 diff aaa but that one was picky may just put a washer in the tube. For some reason rayovacs are like a eighth of an inch shorter then others

Patient

Newly Enlightened
So I just ordered the 5-pack of Ti's on 12/10 for $55 shipped, they arrived today. Planning on gifting most, keeping one or two. Four were regular Ti's and one was a Ti2. There's no blatantly obvious difference in light output between the Ti's and Ti2. All the boxes say they are 3lumen firefly to 60lumen. Interestingly, all of the Ti boxes have a sticker which covers what was probably the original firefly lumen markings, now indicating firefly is 3 lumens. And the Ti2 looks like it was originally a Ti box and they made a sticker that says Ti2 which covers all of the original spec markings. Hopefully the pic sufficiently explains what I'm saying here. It's late and I'm freakin tired. Also, when I examined the bulbs (or diodes, whatever) it appears that the Ti2's is slightly larger & is on a white circuit board, whereas the Ti's is smaller and on a green circuit board.

In all actuality, I have no idea what any of this means, just thought someone more knowledgeable might find it useful. Also, saw the 5-pk went up to $79.99...seriously glad I bought when I did. :crackup:
Tis_zpsf881528a-1_zps2123cb60.jpg

Your image is too large and has been replaced with a link. Please resize and repost.
See Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Thanks Norm

Hey sorry about that, I think I fixed it. Thanks.

Last edited:

american

Enlightened
I had the same experience with everything you just said

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone with a Thrunite Ti2 notice if it shuts down for few seconds and starts up again and repeats without any particular pattern when on high. I'm doing a run time test in my light box and noticed after a few minutes it started to do this. I then put another light in there with fresh Eneloop and it did the same thing. I put a 3rd regular Ti and it ran the entire life of the battery like normal. Just wondering if Thrunite has a thermal protection or something in there or if I have a bad one. I have a 4th Ti and I have yet to check it but will double check and get back.