New Thrunite Ti2 model - 3lm & 81lm

Jay611j

Enlightened
Re: throw-iness of Ti2 compared to Ti

I am interested in how the throw-iness of the Ti2 compares to the Ti. So far I have come across these two comments.

(link)
My Ti throws further than my Ti2 does, but the Ti2 is a bit brighter overall confirmed with a ceiling bounce test.

AlphaZen

Enlightened
Re: throw-iness of Ti2 compared to Ti

My Ti2 is noticebly brighter than my Ti. As far as throw, I'll compare tonight and get back to you.

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
Thank you both

I was studying one of selfbuilt's charts in his review of the recently released Lumintop Tool AAA

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff97/selfbuilt/2013/Tool-FL1-Summary.gif

With the exception of the discontinued and apparently not-available-anywhere Eagletac PN20a, the Ti throws farther than any of the other AAA models that he has reviewed.

So that is why I am interested in waiting a little bit in order to read everyone's observations about the Ti2 to figure whether the Ti2 or Ti would benefit my family more.

AlphaZen

Enlightened
Ok, I just tested them against each other and I consider the Ti2 brighter, and although it has a wider beam, throws farther. It lights up a tree that the Ti cannot. The original Ti does have a narrower beam, if that's what you're after, but not by much. They both had a fresh Eneloop in them. Interestingly, the Ti2 is also a mm or two shorter as well. Finally, the tint on the Ti2 is drastically better on my two models.

CM2010

Enlightened
Will be getting a Ti2 as a freebie from Thrunite so i think i'll try it with a AW 10440.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, I just tested them against each other and I consider the Ti2 brighter, and although it has a wider beam, throws farther. It lights up a tree that the Ti cannot. The original Ti does have a narrower beam, if that's what you're after, but not by much. They both had a fresh Eneloop in them. Interestingly, the Ti2 is also a mm or two shorter as well. Finally, the tint on the Ti2 is drastically better on my two models.

Yes, I agree. I tested extensively with one Ti XPE light vs three Ti2 XPG2 lights, all on fresh cells. All three Ti2 lights are noticeably brighter, with a bigger more useable hotspot. The throw or lux is about equal between the Ti and Ti2, but the Ti has the narrow tunnel effect that tricks your eyes at first into thinking it's throwier, but if you study the target carefully you will notice they are the same brightness. Finally, one of my Ti2 XPG2 lights have a fantastic tint, two of my Ti2 XPG2 lights have a good tint, whereas my Ti XPE light does not have a good tint. I kept the good tinted black Ti2 XPG2 for myself and gave away the red Ti2 and blue Ti2 for Xmas gifts to mom and sister.

Last edited:

helixpteron

Newly Enlightened
I kept the good tinted black Ti2 XPG2 for myself and gave away the red Ti2 and blue Ti2 for Xmas gifts to mom and sister.

:sssh: ... tell the world you gave the best one to mum ! :-D

Do you happen to have an iTP A3 EOS for comparison ? I just ordered one, but now I think it could have been a mistake as this one has a new emitter.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
:sssh: ... tell the world you gave the best one to mum ! :-D

Do you happen to have an iTP A3 EOS for comparison ? I just ordered one, but now I think it could have been a mistake as this one has a new emitter.

You can also get the new Olight i3s XPG2, which is the new improved version of the old iTP A3. But it's not cheap. There are lots of nice AAA XPG2 lights coming out. I'm sure they are all about the same.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got both the Ti2 and I3s. I can't run the Ti2 with a 10440 Li-ion because I lose L. Despite my doubts, I like the UI. Twist to L and a big enough gap to get to H so I don't make a mistake and blind everybody. So the Ti2 has become my night table light. I can run the I3s with a 10440 and it is very bright. I don't like the UI - MHL is weird IMHO.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I just got both the Ti2 and I3s. I can't run the Ti2 with a 10440 Li-ion because I lose L. Despite my doubts, I like the UI. Twist to L and a big enough gap to get to H so I don't make a mistake and blind everybody. So the Ti2 has become my night table light. I can run the I3s with a 10440 and it is very bright. I don't like the UI - MHL is weird IMHO.

I'm not sure what you mean about the 10440 in the Ti2 losing L?

I use that set-up in mine, and I have all modes, if L = Low

If L = Lumens, well, its WAAAAY brighter with a 10440 than an enloop, etc.

What you MIGHT see is that the length of the 10440 and the length of the enloop mean that the crush gasket in the head of the light just needs more pressure to compress down enough to reach the settings...until it gets used to being seated.

I could see that making you think a mode was missing, etc.

Whatcha think?

:D

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I meant that I wasn't getting Low when using a 10440 in the Ti2. It went straight to High.

I attached a trit capsule to the Ti2 (from Fstoplights) and use it as my night table light. For this purpose, it is fine with a primary AAA. But I'll look at the light closely. Thanks for the suggestion.

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
Hi,
which one is more thrower - Ti2 or Tank 007 E09?

http://i1.minus.com/i9bbKYRMYchLJ.jpg

At another forum, someone posted a chart comparing several AAA-size flashlights including the Thrunite Ti, Thrunite TiS, and several models of the Tank 007.

The top of the chart are measurements taken with a AAA 900 mAh battery, and the bottom half of the chart are measurements taken with a IMR 10440 350 mAh battery.

I realize that you're asking about a Ti2. But if throw is very important to you, consider purchasing the TiS which is a single mode flashlight that had a better throw than any of the other AAA-size flashlights according to this person's measurements.

If the chart is helpful to you, save a copy of it as soon as you can. For some reason the person who posted that chart deleted his post; but prior to deleting it luckily someone quoted the part of his post that includes the chart. That chart came from this discussion (link)

danbruski

Newly Enlightened
Hello. I know this is an old thread, but i wasn't sure this warranted a new one...

Today I received 2 new Ti2 flashlights (after reading reviews here... thank you). They light up great, but I was surprised to see how touchy the controls were from off to low to high. The instruction sheet indicates to move 90° to change modes, but both lights switch after about 2~5° (estimate).

For example, if I twist to go from off to low and make a mark on the head that matches up with the N of Nite printed on the body, I twist the mark to the "r" of "Thru" and it goes to Hi beam.

Is this how it should be? It seems very touchy to get it from off to dim easily.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bend the little lip for the + path in the head. Fixes the small travel betveen lo and high.