newbie needing a little help with dereelight dbs-t options?

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
one final item... what batteries would be best? i am going to order the one on flashlight connection probably... would 2x 18650 be best? what about rcr123s? and would they fit in the same tube/extender??

thanks

Enlightened
Do they Make an aspherical p60 head the size of a normal head? Not a huge turbo head.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
one final item... what batteries would be best? i am going to order the one on flashlight connection probably... would 2x 18650 be best? what about rcr123s? and would they fit in the same tube/extender??

thanks

2x18650's would be good. you can run them off 2x18350 or 2x16340 and get the same output. You only get better runtimes with 18650's you can opt not to if you want a shorter configuration of the light. and there are different extenders, the one i listed is to make it run off 2 18650's.

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks... i shot flashlight connection an email with some final questions and then I AM PULLING THE TRIGGER!!!!

Draven451

Enlightened
thanks... i shot flashlight connection an email with some final questions and then I AM PULLING THE TRIGGER!!!!

jmpaul320,

I have been talking so much about the dbs-t I had to order one for myself! It is en-route and I am hoping to receive it in the next few days. It will be a nice playmate to my deft edc lr+ :thumbsup:

Let us know your thoughts after you have ordered and received yours!

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
jmpaul320,

I have been talking so much about the dbs-t I had to order one for myself! It is en-route and I am hoping to receive it in the next few days. It will be a nice playmate to my deft edc lr+ :thumbsup:

Let us know your thoughts after you have ordered and received yours!

what battery setup are you going to go with?

i wonder if this light can take 4x rcr123 with the extender tube?

Draven451

Enlightened
what battery setup are you going to go with?

i wonder if this light can take 4x rcr123 with the extender tube?

I am going with the 2x rcr123. I like lights that are smaller in form factor that I can carry in a pocket. I'm not much of a holster guy. The dbs-T with aspherical head really push the limits of the edc form factor for me but I think I can make it work.

I don't think you can run 4x rcr123 in the light it would be too much voltage! You will see the magic white smoke and :poof:

If I am not mistaken you can with run 2x rcr123 or 2x 18650 with the extension tube.

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am going with the 2x rcr123. I like lights that are smaller in form factor that I can carry in a pocket. I'm not much of a holster guy. The dbs-T with aspherical head really push the limits of the edc form factor for me but I think I can make it work.

I don't think you can run 4x rcr123 in the light it would be too much voltage! You will see the magic white smoke and :poof:

If I am not mistaken you can with run 2x rcr123 or 2x 18650 with the extension tube.

Ok, i think ill prob go with the rcr123s as well... prob order up some aws or something...

Draven451

Enlightened
Ok, i think ill prob go with the rcr123s as well... prob order up some aws or something...

Good call on the cells. CPF vendor on the Marketplace Wonderlite is a US based seller and ships from NY or Florida. I generally purchase my AW cells from him since they arrive quickly. Reminds me I need to check on my order from him.

Good news! My dbs-t aspherical from flashlightconnection shows out for delivery to my house! Wohoo!

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good call on the cells. CPF vendor on the Marketplace Wonderlite is a US based seller and ships from NY or Florida. I generally purchase my AW cells from him since they arrive quickly. Reminds me I need to check on my order from him.

Good news! My dbs-t aspherical from flashlightconnection shows out for delivery to my house! Wohoo!

be sure to post some pics and maybe some beam shots if you are able to!

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
anyone know if regular protected aw rcr123s will fit? i have spare spaces kicking around if needed

Draven451

Enlightened
anyone know if regular protected aw rcr123s will fit? i have spare spaces kicking around if needed

That's what I plan on using. I should know soon when I get home and will let you know if they work :)

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
this is the email i received from flashlight connection with my inquiry:

Thank you for your inquiry. The flashlight has a max input voltage of 12 volts, so 4 RCR123 batteries would be too much. You can use two 18650's with the extender, or 4 CR123a (non-rechargeable) batteries. There's also a smaller extender that allows the use of 3 CR123a's or 2 18500 batteries. As long as you use two batteries (of any recommended type/size) the flashlight will achieve full brightness. With a single 18650, it will only be about half as bright.
You're correct, the extender only adds runtime, not brightness. For example; two RCR123 batteries will give the same brightness as two 18650 batteries... the 18650 batteries will give lots more runtime though. Same for three batteries... no increase in brightness, just different choices in batteries/runtime.

Let me know if you need anything else!

Regards,
Jay

Draven451

Enlightened
jmpaul320,

Good info right from the source!

My dbs-t has landed! It is much smaller that I thought it would be. The aspherical head is big and fat though. It can fit in a pants pocket but is slightly bulky due to the head. Its hard to get size perspective looking at pictures online of lights. Even when I see them next to lights I own I still get surprised when I receive a new light.

Also works great with 2x aw rcr16340 cells :thumbsup:

I can't wait for the darkness to arrive to check out what this baby can do :naughty:

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
after the email i got i have decided to go with 2x aw 3100mah 18650... i have had great success with these cells and i dont mind the extra size.... i can always experiment with other cells later

smokey13

Newly Enlightened
Im glad i came accros this thread I have the same questions about Deree's site. I'm a firefighter and am looking for a pure thrower for my helment light (primary light) im currently am using a Jetbeam III M r5 with 1 18650. While this is a great light for general work on the fireground the OP reflector makes the floodyness a real problem in smokey conditions. Im thinking the Night Master but have a few questions for you experts?

What color emitter would you guys recomend for light smoke (color not thickness)?.

what battery setup would you advise?

What type of setup would you recommend over the Night Master?