newbie needing a little help with dereelight dbs-t options?

davyro

Enlightened
I couldn't tell you what colour emitter would be the best to cut through the smoke so don't take this answer as a fact,for some reason i would imagine a cool white with its bigger output would do the job
Secondly for longer runtimes i'd go for 2x18650,for the same output & quite a bit smaller i'd go for 2x16340
My set up is that i have a CL1H T with an XML neutral white giving 700 lumen in a small light,i also bought a DBS T head with the XRE R2 & smooth reflector giving a great long throw with a tight spot ,i just put the DBS head on the CL1H body
for an absolute laser like beam you can just buy the aspherical head & place that on the CL1H body.This way you have a great EDC light,a great thrower,then you have a complete beast of a thrower with the aspheric.
For three great well built lights you'll be lucky to find anything that can compete with the price.

PapaLumen

Enlightened
Ive been looking at these too. Wow, talk about confusing....

I want the highest lux thrower with aspheric head, will use 2x rcr123/16340. Am i correct thinking the dbs-t comes with a reflector and if i want the aspheric head I have to buy it separately?

So as i dont want a reflector head I'm better off with the Night Master? Its cheaper than building dbs-t aspheric up from parts ($105) versus the Night Master ($98).

Also at bottom of both pages it says "Note : 1. The XR-E R2 is EZ1000" ????

I'd probably have bought one ages ago if the site wasn't so confusing.

Draven451

Enlightened
Ive been looking at these too. Wow, talk about confusing.... I want the highest lux thrower with aspheric head, will use 2x rcr123/16340. Am i correct thinking the dbs-t comes with a reflector and if i want the aspheric head I have to buy it separately?So as i dont want a reflector head I'm better off with the Night Master? Its cheaper than building dbs-t aspheric up from parts ($105) versus the Night Master ($98).Also at bottom of both pages it says "Note : 1. The XR-E R2 is EZ1000" ????I'd probably have bought one ages ago if the site wasn't so confusing.

PapaLumen,

Ordering from Dereelight can be confusing.

Check out the pre-configured model over at flashlight connection. The model is DBS-T Aspherical Flashlight, EZ900 LED. This one is setup with the aspherical head with the LED capable of being driven to 1.5a which gives you one of the best throwers in its class/size at 90K cd lux. I have read some reviews of members getting 100K cd!

If you have any questions Jay the owner is quick to respond and he is also a vendor here on CPF. Great guy. The price is reasonable as well at $94.95 :)

Draven451

Enlightened
Im glad i came accros this thread I have the same questions about Deree's site. I'm a firefighter and am looking for a pure thrower for my helment light (primary light) im currently am using a Jetbeam III M r5 with 1 18650. While this is a great light for general work on the fireground the OP reflector makes the floodyness a real problem in smokey conditions. Im thinking the Night Master but have a few questions for you experts?

What color emitter would you guys recomend for light smoke (color not thickness)?.

what battery setup would you advise?

What type of setup would you recommend over the Night Master?

Take a look at these lights -
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?p=4640093

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

PapaLumen

Enlightened
PapaLumen,

Ordering from Dereelight can be confusing.

Check out the pre-configured model over at flashlight connection. The model is DBS-T Aspherical Flashlight, EZ900 LED. This one is setup with the aspherical head with the LED capable of being driven to 1.5a which gives you one of the best throwers in its class/size at 90K cd lux. I have read some reviews of members getting 100K cd!

If you have any questions Jay the owner is quick to respond and he is also a vendor here on CPF. Great guy. The price is reasonable as well at $94.95 :)

Thanks for that. $20 postage from there :(
What do you think about the ez1000 statement?

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
i just pulled the trigger on my dbs-t aspherical!

i decided to go with the 18650 extender tube along with redilast 3100mah button top cells for max runtime :) (i may try different batteries later but i have had success with 18650)

looks like i am in luck, after submitting my order at lighthound for the redilasts they are now out of stock! just in time!

Draven451

Enlightened
Jmpaul320,

I was wondering when you were going to order. Awesome!
Let us know what you think when you receive everything :)

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Im glad i came accros this thread I have the same questions about Deree's site. I'm a firefighter and am looking for a pure thrower for my helment light (primary light) im currently am using a Jetbeam III M r5 with 1 18650. While this is a great light for general work on the fireground the OP reflector makes the floodyness a real problem in smokey conditions. Im thinking the Night Master but have a few questions for you experts?

What color emitter would you guys recomend for light smoke (color not thickness)?.

what battery setup would you advise?

What type of setup would you recommend over the Night Master?

For smoke and fog/water vapor/mist...etc...the warmer tints, towards yellow or amber, etc, tend to glare less/reach the target more easily before being re-aimed by all the microscopic stuff in the air, etc..

Its not that these colors "cut through" is just that the cooler colors (Blue, etc) are more easily dispersed before they reach what you wanted them to reach. Its about the wave length.

This is one of the reasons those guys with the blue and purple HID-Style headlights on their cars can't see worth a damn when its rainy out or foggy, etc....the bluer light is lost out there.

Fog lights, etc, tend to be closer to the yellow end of the spectrum than to blue end for that reason as well.

Last edited:

davyro

Enlightened
Thanks for that. $20 postage from there :(
What do you think about the ez1000 statement?

Hi Papalumen you can buy a DBS T in the UK from a company called taclight or flashaholics so none of the big postage chargers.I buy direct from dereelight its cheaper than any of the dealers here or in the US.If you want any help ordering from them just PM me
& i'll give you all the help i can with what you want to order.

smokey13

Newly Enlightened
Take a look at these lights -
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?p=4640093

I did see those and they look like a improvment over curent right angles. Personally I dont like the right angles because in the past they all seem "light" on the lumens but with the new FoxFurys that is not the case. Also the right angles still add about 3 inches to your overall profile and are one more thing hanging from the front of your gear to get tangled/entraped ext. That being said over 90% of guys have them and use them without complaint.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Most of the FF I know prefer a helmet light to a right angle light, for the same problems issues you mentioned...too clunky/in the way...plus, they don't always stay pointed where you want to see, etc. Some people might use both, one for seeing where their feet are going, and one for where their head is turned.

:D

Draven451

Enlightened
I was able to test my dbs-t aspherical with a light meter at the GTG this past weekend.

I was hitting 117-119k cd! :thumbsup:

smokey13

Newly Enlightened
For smoke and fog/water vapor/mist...etc...the warmer tints, towards yellow or amber, etc, tend to glare less/reach the target more easily before being re-aimed by all the microscopic stuff in the air, etc..

Its not that these colors "cut through" is just that the cooler colors (Blue, etc) are more easily dispersed before they reach what you wanted them to reach. Its about the wave length.

This is one of the reasons those guys with the blue and purple HID-Style headlights on their cars can't see worth a damn when its rainy out or foggy, etc....the bluer light is lost out there.

Fog lights, etc, tend to be closer to the yellow end of the spectrum than to blue end for that reason as well

Thank you that explains what I was seeing. It was like the spil of light was whitewashing the throw of the beam.

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
this thing is like a laser! just ask my cat who was chasing the spot around the house like a laser pointer lol.... cant wait till it gets dark

a side note... i bought 2x 3100mah redilast button tops and i still have to use a magnetic spacer to get the light to turn on

squareapple

Newly Enlightened
You will be impressed when you get to try it out, I know I was:)
Mine arrived a few days ago, I'm so glad I finally decided to
order one. These threads are a great help, the website is just
cryptic.
P.S. Take it easy on the cat:)