Nichia 365nm UV Aleph Light Engines

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Morelite, as darkzero said, if you supply the emitter, in this case a minimum of 5 from nichia, i am in line to buy one.

Just find 3 buyers :poke:

Thanks and sorry for the hijacking.

I just scored a whole LE from another member here so I won't be needing a bare emitter.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Price break for 6 is a decent chunk off.

DZ, hmm. I bet mine is 15w. May not work. BTW I got 3 new LEDs in as of today to test out the Vf on and mod soon. ;)

Bernie, nice, purple (uv) & orange are a nice combo!

s4biturbo

Newly Enlightened
I would be in for one on a group buy of the uv emitters, I need something better for curing noa61 myself!

-Todd

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast
With MCPCBs, believe or not I just use my soldering iron. I apply heat to the back side of the MCPCB. Trick is you need good thermal path from the iron tip to the MCPCB & I do it quick. My iron stays set to 700F when doing this.

Img_7371.jpg

hey I want one of those!!!!

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will, you certainly have a way with getting me super excited about potential builds. I feel like Veruca Salt from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory constantly saying: "But Daddy, I WANT IT!!!!" I've never seen a mod with Trits being used alongside a UV emitter, how ingenious :thumbsup:

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
I've never seen a mod with Trits being used alongside a UV emitter, how ingenious :thumbsup:

I certainly can't take the credit for that idea. That (including the color) was requested by Bernie. I may just have to put some blue trits in mine too.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I am a copycat, too. Someone in the McGizmo forum had put trits in his Mule and I found it very attractive :)

ShortArc

Enlightened
I will call Nichia on Monday and get pricing, availability, etc.
I would be willing to buy 6+ units for a small group of people.
Is Will going to be willing to build a bunch LE? ;)
Cheers.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be interested in a chip also if you needed another person. I have modded a P1d with a cree UV but would like to try one of these.
If another is needed let me know.

Dave

winston

Enlightened
I'm absolutely in for one. Paypal at the ready! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help the group buy.
-Winston

Edwood

Enlightened
I will call Nichia on Monday and get pricing, availability, etc.
I would be willing to buy 6+ units for a small group of people.
Is Will going to be willing to build a bunch LE? ;)
Cheers.

Heheh, Please, Will? Pretty please? :D

ShortArc

Enlightened
Here is the quote I got from Nichia:

-----------------------------------

Good Afternoon Willem,

Thank you very much for the information on your application.

Attached is the formal quote for this product with the different power groupings available.

Lead time: It does depend on the grouping you choose.
Lead times are from receipt of order copy, payment, and UV form.

Ua/P567/LMH is currently in stock and could ship the business day after receiving a PO and prepayment for quantities under 20pcs.

Ua/P67/LMH and Ua/P6/LMH are not in stock and would be arranged with our factory in Japan to ship to your destination generally within 4-8 weeks (depending on quantity) though we always try to arrange the best ship date for orders.

Ordering:
UV safety agreement form must be filled out, signed, and sent in prior to orders being processed. (form attached)
All orders are NCNR.

[I have problems cutting/pasting PDF so here is the important part]

NCSU033A

---------------------

After talking to TB I am not sure if the price is worth it given the amount of UV curing I am doing (every once in a while). Still thinking.....anyway...also have to sign a liability waiver....these are some serious LED and eye protection/limited exposer is a must!!!

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Here is the quote I got from Nichia:

-----------------------------------

Good Afternoon Willem,

Thank you very much for the information on your application.

Attached is the formal quote for this product with the different power groupings available.

Lead time: It does depend on the grouping you choose.
Lead times are from receipt of order copy, payment, and UV form.

Ua/P567/LMH is currently in stock and could ship the business day after receiving a PO and prepayment for quantities under 20pcs.

Ua/P67/LMH and Ua/P6/LMH are not in stock and would be arranged with our factory in Japan to ship to your destination generally within 4-8 weeks (depending on quantity) though we always try to arrange the best ship date for orders.

Ordering:
UV safety agreement form must be filled out, signed, and sent in prior to orders being processed. (form attached)
All orders are NCNR.

[I have problems cutting/pasting PDF so here is the important part]

NCSU033A

---------------------

After talking to TB I am not sure if the price is worth it given the amount of UV curing I am doing (every once in a while). Still thinking.....anyway...also have to sign a liability waiver....these are some serious LED and eye protection/limited exposer is a must!!!

IMHO, using these chips strictly to cure Norland adhesives for the average user who is just doing some trit slots here & there this is a very expensive solution. For those who would be using it for curing very often & where time is a factor, it may be worth while. There are many cheaper solutions for curing Norland rather than using a $200 LE. I'm still wiling to build these for anyone who is still interested though.

Norland states using a 100w mercury bulb would work. I purchased a self ballasted 100w mercury bulb from a reptile store for $20. I can't comment on wether it works & how long it takes since I now have one of these Nichia chips now.

HID lights contain mercury. I used a Polarion PF40 just to try & it cured Norland in a reasonable amount of time. So those of you with high powered metal halide HID lights this may also work for you. I've tried using 150W HPS which has less amount of mercury content & it did not work. I tried using my POB HID & it didn't work very well either.

Or perhaps one of those home UV station used for curing nail polish might work as well?

Latest posts