Nichia 365nm UV Aleph Light Engines

s4biturbo

Newly Enlightened
I would still like to grab an emitter if a GB goes down, but i may need to hold off for a month or so to do the LE build, i need to find a host. :D

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Can anyone recommend where I can purchase some decent UV protection glasses that won't break the bank? If expensive is all that is recommended I'd also be happy to hear about them.

Edwood

Enlightened
Can anyone recommend where I can purchase some decent UV protection glasses that won't break the bank? If expensive is all that is recommended I'd also be happy to hear about them.

x2. The need for signing a waiver sounds scary.

Most sunglasses and prescription sunglasses have UV protection coating for sunlight, but not sure how adequate that protection would be. There would be reflected light leak from the sides, so if serious eye protection is needed, I imagine they would be goggles.

ShortArc

Enlightened
This link was provided to my by TB (I hope he does not mind me sharing).
http://www.uvprocess.com/product.asp?code=EYEPRO+++B

I would still be willing to buy 6 of the in stock P567 Emitters if there are at lead 4 people willing to commit. No sure if this is the right place to conduct/continue a GB. Also I don't/can't afford to turn this into a "large" GB (time and money).
Cheers.

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
This link was provided to my by TB (I hope he does not mind me sharing).
http://www.uvprocess.com/product.asp?code=EYEPRO+++B

I would still be willing to buy 6 of the in stock P567 Emitters if there are at lead 4 people willing to commit. No sure if this is the right place to conduct/continue a GB. Also I don't/can't afford to turn this into a "large" GB (time and money).
Cheers.

I am still committed to taking one, and for having Will install it in the LE. :devil:

flex76italy

Enlightened
Cheers.

I'm still in for 2 unit of the available bin, IMHO i don't think worth the buy the best bin for much more money, and for a bit more radiations.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Since this thread contains useful info about the purchase of the LEDs and the precautions necessary I'd say finish your groupbuy discussion here soon and we'll leave it all here to avoid hassle and confusion. This won't be a real gb anyway as it is already closed, it seems.
bernie

ShortArc

Enlightened
Thanks Kiessling!
So we have 3 interested +1 for myself makes 4. Two more and I will place an order. I guess just post and then later after I receive the order PM me with detailed info.
-----------------------
Will probaly order them (meaning Ua/P567/LMH) tomorrow.
Payment: Once I receive the order I will contact you for payment. PP/Check/Money order all ok. I don't want to make any money but also don't want to lose any either. So fees, shipping, insurance, packaging cost or whatever else may come up will have to be added. Cheers.

Here is the list:

PhotonFanatic: 1
flex76italy: 2
Edwood: 1
s4biturbo: 1
winston: 1
nailbender: 1
PhotonWrangler: 1
ShortArc: 1

Last edited:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Thanks Kiessling!
So we have 3 interested +1 for myself makes 4. Two more and I will place an order. I guess just post and then later after I receive the order PM me with detailed info.
-----------------------
Will probaly order them (meaning Ua/P567/LMH) tomorrow. Here is the list:

PhotonFanatic: 1
flex76italy: 2
Edwood: 1
s4biturbo: ?
winston: ?
nailbener: ?
PhotonWrangler: 1

I'm in for 1.

ShortArc

Enlightened
OK - Order is placed and paid for. Should have them on Monday.
The rep also suggested an optic:

"Hello Willem,

One other item I wanted to let you know about is that there is a lens company that is making an optic our i-LED UV series.

Attached is the brochure on the product.
You would want to contact Ledil (or Marubeni as listed on the brochure) regarding purchasing the lenses.
Ledil's main site: www.ledil.fi"

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
OK - Order is placed and paid for. Should have them on Monday.
The rep also suggested an optic:

"Hello Willem,

One other item I wanted to let you know about is that there is a lens company that is making an optic our i-LED UV series.

Attached is the brochure on the product.
You would want to contact Ledil (or Marubeni as listed on the brochure) regarding purchasing the lenses.
Ledil's main site: www.ledil.fi"

Are are some more but they are square. http://led-spot.com/p_nichia.shtml

barouk

Newly Enlightened
Darkzero
where can i purchase an inexpensive uva light for tacking uva glue. need somthing that emits 365 nm in the uva spectrum. trying to tack crystal with dymax glue. have big curing light just need small tacking light like this Nichia. thanks

barouk

Newly Enlightened
anywhere i can get this? looks like it will work on the dymax and norland glues.

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
FWIW, it seems close proximity and absence glass in front of the UV chip does a better job of curing the NOA...

I just finished setting a vial in my NiteCore EX10's piston...10 minutes burn with the UV LE loaded in a head with a reflector and glass, and it just didn't feel hard enough to the old fingernail hardness test. I don't press my fingernail down to see if an impression is left behind, more of a gentle rub over the surface...

Here's a half head I made for testing/adjusting focus with an McR27XR and a P7 LE.....That job done, it now serves for the 365 LE, so it won't go in the scrap bin after all :)

EX10

Last edited:

ShortArc

Enlightened
Hi, any news of the order?

You are joking I hope....I have a full time job

I got the FedEx delivery today. The will ship out to you guys this week. I will PM everyone shortly with instructions. Please use my include email address instead of PM.
Thanks.

Last edited:

flex76italy

Enlightened
You are joking I hope....I have a full time job

I got the FedEx delivery today. The will ship out to you guys this week. I will PM everyone shortly with instructions. Please use my include email address instead of PM.
Thanks.

Hi Willem,

not joke, but i'm sorry, i don't have calculated the time fuse from you and me.

PM with shipping detail on the way.

Thanks so much for this GB :thumbsup: