• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Nichia SW45B10L 219 Triple P60 Drop-in ALL GONE (For Now)

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Nichia SW45B10L 219 Triple P60 Drop-in Expressions of interest

are these direct to copper or on a star?

Unfortuantely direct to copper is a bit beyond me at the moment, so these are on a star. The fit will be tight and I'm using very good thermal paste so I'm sure heat dissipation won't be an issue.

Id want lo/hi or hi/lo 4.5a ;)

I can't do H/L with the drivers listed in the original post, but I could H/M and H/M/L with some other drivers. The only problem is that the 2nd drivers don't have reverse polarity protection and only accept up to 4.5V. The 2nd drivers can also be configured with or without memory though. Levels on the 2nd driver are 2-5mA on low, then 35% and 100%.

Maybe I should offer those as well? I'll finish cleaning my car and add it as an option I think.

Cheers,

- Matt

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll finish cleaning my car and add it as an option I think.

- Matt

My car needs a wash too - I'll take that as an option (hmm, having a hard time with the smilies....)

Man I spent 10 minutes looking for the optic taking up 70% of the output - glad you clarified that.

My experience with triples & quads have been - real WALL of light, so much light you end up with reasonable throw. The XP-E triple that I picked up had reasonably good throw due mainly to die size (& optic somewhat). Beam shots can be a little difficult, this isn't P7 / MC-E wall of light (don't have a SST-90 so cannot comment on that), we're generally talking WALL OF LIGHT.

My $0.02 worth.

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

My experience with triples & quads have been - real WALL of light, so much light you end up with reasonable throw. The XP-E triple that I picked up had reasonably good throw due mainly to die size (& optic somewhat). Beam shots can be a little difficult, this isn't P7 / MC-E wall of light (don't have a SST-90 so cannot comment on that), we're generally talking WALL OF LIGHT.

Agreed. I think even though I'm offering Narrow Clear, Narrow Frosted, Frosted Medium, Frosted Wide, and Elliptical, most people will opt for the narrow in either frosted or clear. These optics would provide the tightest beam but still much more floody than a single LED and lens combination. Any other optic will likely just look almost like pure flood. I will have beam shots of all before I start selling them, unless people are pretty much universally chasing the same optics.

Original post updated to reflect alternate driver and new names added to the interest list.

Thanks!

- Matt

ToyTank

Enlightened

When I put in some requests for quotes a while back I was told 2 weeks. As I mentioned in the original post CNC lathe work is volume dependent. I doubt I'll have such a big order that it pushes that time out though. When I hopefully go through with this I'll provide an estimated shipping date and do everything in my power to meet that date. Please remember this is my first attempt at manufacture and sale and while I'm very confident I'll get this going without issues, you never know what lies around the corner! Just need to cover my bases and not make promises I can't keep. Hopefully you understand :)

Thanks,

- Matt

Thanks for such a thoughtful answer. I was just looking for a rough estimate I didn't intend to paint you in a corner.

I'm certainly curious about this drop in and will be watching thanks!

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for such a thoughtful answer. I was just looking for a rough estimate I didn't intend to paint you in a corner.

I'm certainly curious about this drop in and will be watching thanks!

Haha no worries! I'm glad you asked something I had the answer to. I'm scared someone is going to ask something I can't :confused: . What that could be I don't know yet...

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast

Alright! matt is getting the emitters from me, so he asked me for some optics shots! :)

Here I come with my haphazard testing rig - and yes those heatsinks are balancing dangerously on that pole.

hyLDo

10508 vs 10507

hlZPi

this is run at 750mA (all leds in series)

:wave:
Craig

easilyled

Flashaholic

That 10507 optic really concentrates the beam ... I'd prefer that one.

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks Craig! I put a copy of the beam shots in the first post if that's OK?

I will probably take some beam shots at full power as well (for all optic types) when I get my initial order of Nichia's. I wish I had paid for express shipping now :sigh:

jjohnson34

Newly Enlightened

I am interested

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast

nice...can't wait. Put me down for a L/M/H @4.5A (10507)

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast

Lol, probably should have made that beamshot look better. oh well! :)

Craig

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Lol, probably should have made that beamshot look better.

Don't worry too much Craig - the general idea is there. I'll try and get all fancy with my beam shots when the triples arrive but it'll probably turn out worse haha!

Duglum

Newly Enlightened

Definitely interested in a Driver2 L/M/H 4.5A w/o Memory and a 10507 Optic.

(Also requesting a message when these are ready for sale, otherwise i fear i'll just forget about this Thread :D)

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast

hi mattaus.
thanks for making these.
for mine i would like a beam that is like (or as close as possible) to the e1b or the lx2, but on steroids. also what battery conf must i use for max output? i need to be on the lookout for a host.

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast

Looks like the popular vote is for L/M/H @4.5A (10507), but I know nothing about optics...

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

for mine i would like a beam that is like (or as close as possible) to the e1b or the lx2, but on steroids. also what battery conf must i use for max output? i need to be on the lookout for a host.

The e1b hot spot is quite tight and the closest you'll get to that is the 10507 optics, but it likely won't be nearly as tight. When I post some beam shots comparing all the optics I'll try and do so from various distances as well so you can see exactly how they all stack up.

As for battery configuration the voltage limits you to single lithium rechargeable cells. The current draw requirements on the max output of 4.5A suggests a standard 18650 cell is the minimum spec as well, though as always high quality cells are recommended. Anything larger will be more than adequate.

That being said any AW 18*** IMR cell is capable of holding over 4.5A discharge. If you limited your max current to approx. 4A or less you could use any IMR cell that AW sells.

I have soldered together some 4.5A drivers today and plan on testing them tonight to ensure that my working process is not inadvertently affecting the output.

Last edited:

^^Nova^^

Enlightened

I am interested too. Also maybe in a heatsink and optic to use with the LuxRC modules.

Question on driver 2, does it use PWM or is it cc for the low modes?

Cheers,
Nova