• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Nichia SW45B10L 219 Triple P60 Drop-in ALL GONE (For Now)

OtisCampbell

Enlightened
Re: Nichia SW45B10L 219 Triple P60 Drop-in Expressions of interest

I'm interested.. especially since Driver 2 has such a low moon mode.. :thumbsup:

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

...maybe in a heatsink and optic to use with the LuxRC modules.

This can be arranged. I'll PM you about it once I get the blanks.

Question on driver 2, does it use PWM or is it cc for the low modes?

Sorry I neglected that and should add these details to the first post. According to the data sheet it is current Regulated for all output modes - no PWM.

rkboid

Newly Enlightened

I would be interested as well

tjswarbrick

Enlightened

I like the idea. I was wondering who would try it first. I'd be interested, with the frosted narrow.
Can you drop the current on Driver #1 down low enough, on High, to run stably off a pair of CR123's (say, 1.9A or 1.5A,)?
Is there still adequate power to each emitter to make it worthwhile?

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

I like the idea. I was wondering who would try it first. I'd be interested, with the frosted narrow.
Can you drop the current on Driver #1 down low enough, on High, to run stably off a pair of CR123's (say, 1.9A or 1.5A,)?
Is there still adequate power to each emitter to make it worthwhile?

I can easily drop the current on either driver if people want to go down that path. You'll be getting 630mA and 500mA to each LED in the examples you gave above which would give you approximately 500 and 450 emitter Lumens from each triple respectively. Still very usable light in my opinion.

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Some 4.5A drivers have been assembled for testing. A Nichia triple and examples of all 5 optics will be here next week, I hope to post extensive beam shots at that time.

Thanks,

- Matt :)

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent :)

Apparently the tint on these emitters starts to shift as the drive current increases, so for me 4.5A would be the upper limit.

I'm thinking start on low, hidden flashy modes and no mode memory :)

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Excellent :)

Apparently the tint on these emitters starts to shift as the drive current increases, so for me 4.5A would be the upper limit.

I'm thinking start on low, hidden flashy modes and no mode memory :)

4.5A is as high as I'm willing to go on these - anymore will likely get far too hot. I'll make sure to get beam shots at various drive currents and try for shots that show the tint off at different drive levels as well.

^^Nova^^

Enlightened

4.5A is as high as I'm willing to go on these - anymore will likely get far too hot. I'll make sure to get beam shots at various drive currents and try for shots that show the tint off at different drive levels as well.
4.5A is also asking a lot of a single Li-Ion battery. I have a couple of 2.8A dual XP-G drop-ins (and SST-50) and the current drops off once the battery starts to drain. A fresh 18650 is a lot brighter than a half flat one.

Personally, somewhere between 3 and 4A would be what I would run at, obviously medium for extended runs, high for short bursts.

Cheers,
Nova

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

4.5A is also asking a lot of a single Li-Ion battery.

Agreed. When the pre-sale thread goes up I'll specifically mention that I recommend using AW 18650 cells only. His protected 18650 cells are capable of 6.2A continuous and the IMR cells are good for over 10C(!). Using anything else is asking for trouble.

Personally, somewhere between 3 and 4A would be what I would run at, obviously medium for extended runs, high for short bursts.

That would generally be recommended yes - when I use some flash lights I have here at home I run them for extended periods on medium, and only use high when I'm outside looking into the bush (my house backs onto a nature reserve), which thankfully is not very often. Maximum brightness is often desired, but usually less than half that is all that's actually needed.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be in for a 4.5A driver, if only for the exact reasons already mentioned. If the medium mode is defined as a percentage of Max, then a high max means a more useable medium... And a huge output on max if needed for whatever reason.

Daekar

Enlightened

I'd like to register my interest in a Driver1 unit with high set at close to 2.7A if possible, 3A if not, with LMH and the 10507 optics. Looking forward to beamshots from other optics.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm hoping one of these 4.5a with a tight optic will be close in output to my 4C XML @3.5a. SMO
Even the neutral XML have an 80ish CRI I think.
This triple seems like a nice hiCRI alternative.
slightly less efficient and probably a little less throw with a beautiful tint.

red_hackle

Enlightened

Please put me down for one of these:
- Driver Option 2
- 3A
- L/M/H (Is it possible to have L/M/H/Aux3? If yes, I'd prefer that!)
- No Memory
- 10511 Optic

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm hoping one of these 4.5a with a tight optic will be close in output to my 4C XML @3.5a. SMO
Even the neutral XML have an 80ish CRI I think.
This triple seems like a nice hiCRI alternative.
slightly less efficient and probably a little less throw with a beautiful tint.

I'd like to be able to do some comparisons for you but the closest I have at the moment is a P60 XML @4A in a OP reflector....and the emitter isn't centered properly in the pill (no I didn't make it lol) and it's glued in there very, very tightly. I haven't had time to correct the problem. Either way once you take into account losses OTF the output should theoretically be close to the same. Your beam from the triple will obviously be more floody but IMHO a hell of a lot nicer to use and look at!!!

Is it possible to have L/M/H/Aux3? If yes, I'd prefer that!

Unfortunately not :( I can only change the modes to the pre-defined options that are available. Sorry!

One day I might make my own drivers :devil:

sadboy

Newly Enlightened

Put me on the list as well.