Nitecore Explorer Series (EC1, EC2, EA1, EA2)

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
another two reviewers measured 530 and 600 lumens in TN12. You can build extreme version but Nitecore doesn't have such comfort as they need to give some warranty with free repairs. Hardly driven XM-L2 will be closer to 8000 lux/1m, XP-G2 with stock driver (stepdown after 30 minutes, good runtime, less heat) gives a little bit below 10klux/1m.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great news from Nitecore!

Nitecore said:
We are sorry for the confusion you have suffered. The the Explorer series was recently updated its LED to XP-G2 LED on late June, we will update Nitecore's official website later. Thank you for your support and understandings.

wedlpine

Enlightened
Just picked up an EA2. Is there any way to keep the tailcap on tighter? It is loose and if it turns a fraction of a mm it breaks the connection and turns off. If i'm just holding it in my hand while it is on and bump the tailcap slightly the light goes out. Any fix for this?

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got an email from Nitecore, and they said they don't know when the new XP-G2 models will be built.

[FONT=&#23435]Hi Kenny,[/FONT]
[FONT=&#23435]Thank you for your support in NITECORE.[/FONT]
[FONT=&#23435] [/FONT]
[FONT=&#23435]We also heard some news about the new application of LED type.[/FONT]
[FONT=&#23435]However, we still don't know when it will be available.[/FONT]
[FONT=&#23435] [/FONT]
[FONT=&#23435]Please stay tuned for the new information at www.nitecore.com[/FONT]
[FONT=&#23435] [/FONT]
[FONT=&#23435] [/FONT]
[FONT=&#23435]Any question, please feel free to contact us.[/FONT]
[FONT=&#23435]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&#23435][email protected]
[/FONT]

Last edited:

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just picked up an EA2. Is there any way to keep the tailcap on tighter? It is loose and if it turns a fraction of a mm it breaks the connection and turns off. If i'm just holding it in my hand while it is on and bump the tailcap slightly the light goes out. Any fix for this?

Sounds like you AA batteries are a little short?
Perhaps a wad of aluminum foil could do the trick.

Lithium466

Enlightened
Maybe you can try very thick lubricant on the threads ? I use Nyogel 779GC when I encounter such problems. Or a thicker o-ring, could do the trick too.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got an email from Nitecore, and they said they don't know when the new XP-G2 models will be built.
Maybe they were reffering to some new models, not current ones with new emitter. A few people already got EC1 or EA2 with stock XP-G2, my EC2 (which should have XP-G2 as well) unfortunately stuck in the air between China and Europe.

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let me know if the EC2 arrives with an XP-G2. I guess it would help if I included my question to them. I asked them specifically about XP-G2 in the EC1 and EC2. Maybe something was lost in translation??

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
EC1 and EC2 XP-G2 are definitely out, two of the users in other forum got them and posted pictures. XP-G2 versions have silver sticker on the box that says for example "EC2 XP-G2 R5 SMO".

Tracking system just found my package. In Shanghai...

Last edited:

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
EC1 and EC2 XP-G2 are definitely out, two of the users in other forum got them and posted pictures. XP-G2 versions have silver sticker on the box that says for example "EC2 XP-G2 R5 SMO".

Tracking system just found my package. In Shanghai...
Link?

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got my EC2 and:

rqy7ie.jpg

It really has XP-G2!

1zn05s5.jpg

This thing is really tiny, even compared with some AA flashlights:

ITP SA1, EC2, Jetbeam RRT-0
13z7apv.jpg

RRT-0 with AA extender tube
fbb19c.jpg

A few preliminary obervations:
The good
- it's relly tiny, slightly bigger than 18650. How on earth did they fit that deep reflector inside?
- bright and throwy
- red LED and voltage meter

The bad
- anodisation was chipped in two spots
- emitter is slightly off center
- lockout by tailcap erases mode memory
- lowest mode is about 15 lumens, definitely not 2.

Sorry for the quality, it's really cloudy and rainy here.

Last edited:

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably they've updated the whole series, you just need to find a dealer with the newest batch.

Sarlix

Enlightened
I just got my EC2 and:

- lowest mode is about 15 lumens, definitely not 2.

Shame to hear they still haven't resolved this. I sent mine back as it was about 15 lumens and not the 'Micro' 2 as stated. The runtime was also way off, wasn't getting close to 80 hours. I would re-buy it if they fixed this though.

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm waiting for a USA dealer to start selling the new models. I don't want to have to ship it back to China. I've owned an EC1 and EC2, and both got returned for defects. Both are incredible little beast. If only they could deliver defect free.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's not that bad actually, you must be really picky (like I am) to notice that and it doesn't affect the beam at all.

jerelect

Newly Enlightened
I just got my EC2, a replacement for a non functioning unit which had a XPG-R5. The new one now has the XPG2-R5. Like phantom23 I think low mode is around five (5) lumen.