Nitecore T0 (AAA)

Vesper

Enlightened
Looking forward to some beamshots. If these are like or better than the E01, I'm already looking forward to one of these on my keychain. 12 lumens is fine with me for a "where did that crayon go under the restaurant table" light. These look great with the Ti heads.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Looking forward to some beamshots. If these are like or better than the E01, I'm already looking forward to one of these on my keychain. 12 lumens is fine with me for a "where did that crayon go under the restaurant table" light. These look great with the Ti heads.
If they use nichia LEDs I assume the beamshots will be identical.

Norm

Retired Administrator
I'm surprised at folks saying only 12 Lumens when many members want low settings of less than 1 Lumen. At 12 lumens this is still a very useful light as owners of similar 5mm LED lights will tell you. Looks like a great gift light.
Norm

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
for some reason it just looks ugly. I sorta wish more companies would do something with the CREE 5mm LEDs instead of the nichia's. The beam on the cree 5mm are a better than the nichia IMO
I'm guessing this would increase the price, but I agree with you. The Fenix E01 has dominated this type of light and will continue to do so, I see no reason to buy this E01 knockoff (titanium bezel is useless).
I'd like to see more simple twisty AAAs that are low level. None of this 12 lumen stuff. 1-2 lumens, or less. There doesn't seem to be much in that market besides the Peak Eiger.
I agree. I would buy this type of light light instantly if it was $30 with a decent beam (not purple and oval), with a 2 mode UI (1 or less lumen low and a 10 lumen max).
These look great to me. I will be getting at least one. The Ti alloy head looks awesome. Honestly I dont understand what useful application 1-2 lumens really has for the general public. for me this will make a great backup light easy to carry not gonna break the bank and your getting titanium for $14.00? Plus we finally get another Arc style keychain lug thats not off center. On a keychain or in pocket do you all really like to have your light hanging ****-eyed?
Honestly I don't understand what useful application titanium has in flashlights for the general public, or even flashlight enthusiasts. Aluminum works great, it might get a few dings on the keys/during heavy use, but the light will function perfectly. The titanium bezel seems to be a gimmick to me, but we all have our personal preferences and I understand if the titanium bezel is an upgrade for some. 1 lumen is more then enough light to see in the dark.
This is a yawner.... too close to a fenix E01 with probably same nichia LED in it for about the same price.
I'd say this is a future one liner review of this light.

Last edited:

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
you use the QTC between the head and the positive terminal of the battery. Spring has nothing to do with this.

QTC works great on crusher style lights like Peaks and Arcs but it's a pain with the E01 because of the spring. It's hard to get enough compression on the QTC for it to work. Maybe someone has come up with a workaround though, I don't know. I'd guess this light also has a spring.

ragweed

Enlightened
I am looking forward to a review on this light. If its the same as the E01 I won't get one. But, it just might be a better beam & color rendition. Who knows yet? The Arc I have has a more whitish beam to it with the nitchia 5mm bulb.

Zendude

Enlightened
Kinda surprised by the hate.:thinking: If this light performs exactly like the E01 it will have won in my book.

For those that want a lower output; just use depleted cells. You'll get 40hrs+ out of it(assuming it performs as well as the E01). I'm not trying to be sarcastic either. I've taken a cell that won't power my LD01 and put it in my E01 for up close work. Works great.

For those that want higher output......another light may be in order. That is not this lights intended use. Durability, simplicity of circuit design and a balance of output and runtime is what I'm hoping for here.

You're right, the Ti head is not nessasary but why complain?

Do we have a release date yet?:popcorn:

Scout24, PM coming your way.

bluepilgrim

Enlightened
Well -- I see this, and compare it to the ITP A3 EOS Cree XP-E Q5 with levels of 1.5, 18, and 80 lumens. Different pretty colors with type III, small, light weight, Q5 led, 50 hours runtime on low. On sale for $15.75 before CPF discount. I have one of these (purple), and have no inclination to get a T0 -- can't think of why I would (it would be a downgrade).

Sales link removed - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

Norm

Retired Administrator
The discussion was about the HIGH level.

Nap.
My comment was directed at those who were saying the light wasn't any good to them with only 12 lumens.
Horses for courses. They're looking at the wrong light obviously.
Norm

nbp

Flashaholic
Beacon of Light said:
you use the QTC between the head and the positive terminal of the battery. Spring has nothing to do with this.

The spring has lots to do with this. The easily compressible spring will not allow sufficient pressure to be created between the battery and head to compress the QTC. In other words, the spring squishes instead of the QTC.

Napalm

Enlightened
My comment was directed at those who were saying the light wasn't any good to them with only 12 lumens.
Horses for courses. They're looking at the wrong light obviously.
Norm

Why limit yourself to 12 lumens max when these days it's not hard to find something like a 3-25-85 lumens 3 level same size/format AAA light?

Price? For 5 bucks energizer will sell you a decent 2xCR2032 light, with a shape and size better suited to keychain duty than AAA. No it doesn't do 80 lumens but neither does the Nitecore.

Nap.

jorgen

Enlightened
With all the praise and interest in the Sunwayman R01A, an much less attractive light, with essentially the same output and lack of features, I don't understand all the negativity surrounding this Nitecore offering.
I'm not planning on getting one but it seems like a decent enough single level AAA if you need one

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
My negativity occurred because this light seems like a copycat of the Fenix E01. This light has been done already. The E01 has been time tested and proven reliable, I see no reason to go for this new rehash of a reliable light. As far as the 3-25-85 lights (ITP A3), I prefer simple 1 mode twisties on my keys. I would probably get a 2 mode light if it had a high of 10-30 lumens and a low of 1 lumen or less, that is the most complicated I would get for a keychain light. If this Nitecore can somehow match the output and efficiency of the E01 and not have a purple beam then this could be a great light. This could also be a great light for those who like the titanium bezel, for me it is absolutely useless and serves no function.

Zendude

Enlightened
Well -- I see this, and compare it to the ITP A3 EOS Cree XP-E Q5 with levels of 1.5, 18, and 80 lumens. Different pretty colors with type III, small, light weight, Q5 led, 50 hours runtime on low. On sale for $15.75 before CPF discount. I have one of these (purple), and have no inclination to get a T0 -- can't think of why I would (it would be a downgrade).

Those are nice lights. I've given them as gifts before.

Now take that light and an E01 and throw them against a wall as hard as you can. Then you will see the appeal of this type of light.

Again, iTp are good lights at a good price but I'm hoping this light fills a different need.

geckoblink

Newly Enlightened
Why limit yourself to 12 lumens max when these days it's not hard to find something like a 3-25-85 lumens 3 level same size/format AAA light?

Price? For 5 bucks energizer will sell you a decent 2xCR2032 light, with a shape and size better suited to keychain duty than AAA. No it doesn't do 80 lumens but neither does the Nitecore.

Nap.
Runtime. Especially important in a more drawn out blackout with multiple people. Multi-modes tend to confuse non-flashlight people. Saying, "twist this way for on, twist the other way for off" is about as simple as you're going to get.

I found my Fenix E01s particularly useful for Irene, and power came back up only a few minutes ago. My Sunwayman R01A was somewhat less useful since it does not tailstand as well, and its runtime on alkalines doesn't rival the E01's. My 4sevens Preon I rode clipped to my collar. But I will totally check the Nitecore T0 since it falls in the same price range as the E01. Maybe it will be better someway - who knows?

Vesper

Enlightened

Nap.

You're assuming that the simple qualities that define and make the E01 attractive wouldn't also apply to this offering. Many of us are fine with a one mode 15 hour light on our keychains. Anyway, why so hostile?

Napalm

Enlightened
Anyway, why so hostile?

Because there are gazillions of similar lights out there, while I'm waiting for someone to finally make a "loosen head to turn on" 80 lumens one, and they keep coming up with these.... (sunwayman and thrunite being the other ones)....

Nap. :ohgeez:

Last edited by a moderator:

Norm

Retired Administrator
Because there are gazillions of similar lights out there, while I'm waiting for someone to finally make a "loosen head to turn on" 80 lumens one, and they keep coming up with these.... (sunwayman and thrunite being the other ones)....

Nap. :ohgeez:

Why are you so emotive about this light as already said it ain't the light for you, lot's of people on the other hand will love it, end of story.
Norm