Nitecore Tube

MathewHayde

Newly Enlightened
I was very keen on one of these for my keyring but went for the Thrunite Ti3 instead as I cant find any reputable site that has affordable (in comparison to what im buying) shipping to NZ. If anyone knows of a good site that does non stupid price international shipping through I would be keen to hear.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Been noticing that the Tube I carry daily has been activating in my pocket more often. Could be the dome switch has seen a slight decrease in its spring rate or could be additional key(s) on that keyring. Since it activates in the lowest mode, this hasn't left it drained and I remove my keys from my pockets at least every 8-9 hours during a workday.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was very keen on one of these for my keyring but went for the Thrunite Ti3 instead as I cant find any reputable site that has affordable (in comparison to what im buying) shipping to NZ. If anyone knows of a good site that does non stupid price international shipping through I would be keen to hear.

Have you tried HK Equipment? Free shipping, and the quickest they've delivered has been 10 days to Aus for me.

LeafSamurai

Enlightened

Mate, have sent you a PM but just in case you did not receive it, try TorchMonster for the Nitecore Tube. They are a NZ based company so shipping and price should be relatively cheap compared to buying internationally. Link below:

http://www.torchmonster.co.nz/nitecore-tube-clear.html

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try Banggood. I believe they are out of Hong Kong, but don't know for sure. I just went there, set the ship to to New Zealand and the currency to NZD. They are selling the Tube for $13.00 NZD, with FREE shipping to New Zealand. It can take up to 20 days, but I have never had a shipment go bad yet, and I have ordered from them at least a dozen times. If you sign up for their mailing list, every so often they have the Tube on sale. The last time it was like 25% off.

dgbrookman

Newly Enlightened
Been noticing that the Tube I carry daily has been activating in my pocket more often. Could be the dome switch has seen a slight decrease in its spring rate or could be additional key(s) on that keyring. Since it activates in the lowest mode, this hasn't left it drained and I remove my keys from my pockets at least every 8-9 hours during a workday.

Lately I've noticed the same thing. Thought maybe it was just my imagination but since you mention it...

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it actually being turned on, or just dead when you go to use it? Remember, the Tube, like all lights with electronic switches, never really turns off. There is always a small amount of drain monitoring the 'on/off' switch for input. Not a big thing, but with the relatively small cell in the Tube, it wouldn't take long to make an impact. I have taken to topping off my Tube on my keychain about once a week - it only takes ten or fifteen minutes, but it does show there is a drain there.

dgbrookman

Newly Enlightened
Mine is actually being turned on. I pull my keys out of my pocket and hey, the Tube is lit. It's not every time, but much more often than when it was new.

The Municipality

Newly Enlightened
Well after about 4 months one of mine started blinking on anything but the lowest of output levels. Shame. I really liked this thing.

ven

Flashaholic
Blue one has packed in,not really used much either..........shocked...........not in the slightest, as i was expecting it to pack in.

Great for a toy,no use imo in the real world or where it counts.

ven

Flashaholic
Others seem to be going well,the blue stayed solid on charge,then flickered towards the end. Then will not function............for all i know Callum may have took it for a dip some time as he is always asking "is it waterproof daddy??" :laughing:.........maybe its not

Swede74

Enlightened
Mine is actually being turned on. I pull my keys out of my pocket and hey, the Tube is lit. It's not every time, but much more often than when it was new.
Same here. I can't say for sure if it happens more often than when it was new, but I do notice it happening more often.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
what do you guys have in your pocket? The thing is probably being knocked about with whatever you carry with it. My keyring smashes everything about.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
what do you guys have in your pocket? The thing is probably being knocked about with whatever you carry with it. My keyring smashes everything about.

It's not that it happens that's of note - the keyring's lack of respect for all things is demonstrated by the rapid wear of even hard-anodized aluminum components - it's that the frequency seems to be increasing while its carry on the keyring has been constant.

Toolboxkid

Enlightened
Out of the 4 tubes that I gifted at Christmas, all 4 are dead. Went to charge my wife's up today when I noticed it would not turn on, after the blue light went off, tried to turn on. Nothing. It's a shame but for a cheap light guess you can't expect much.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll be getting my first dead one from my daughter later this week. I suspect bad batteries. I have been trying to find 100 mAh batteries this small and failed, so I am thinking of taking a bit bigger 240 mAh battery from my RC heli and shrink wrapping it to the back, running the wires through a notch in the case seam. A little bulkier, but run time will be way better.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I gave a pink one to my wife for her key chain. She likes it but doesn't use it. I'll check tonight to see if it actually works.

Well, I checked and it worked. Showed her how to recharge it. Well, I guess carrying it is a good first step and may be one night she'll need a light and use it.