Niteye Zip 20?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil Ament

Enlightened
How about this one?

23qxyl4.jpg

Not really sure what you actually mean by "How about this one?" because that appears to be the same popup window message that we have already referred to several times.

RTJ

Newly Enlightened
Not really sure what you actually mean by "How about this one?" because that appears to be the same popup window message that we have already referred to several times.
Sorry Phil, I wasn't familiar with this popup before.
Therefore I posted it.

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's like a wedlock child looking for a father and the father keep denying his involvement. Very complicated relationship... :popcorn:

Phil Ament

Enlightened
OK then, maybe this is a much simpler way for me to ask the powers that be exactly what I would really like to know, so here is my question!

If I was to go out tomorrow and outlay some of my hard earned cash just to buy a new JETBeam flashlight from an authorised reseller, who is it that specifically benefits from my purchase. Is it Sysmax Industries or Niteye, or if it is neither of these two would you please specifically explain to me exactly who it actually is!

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Back "in stock" at HKEquipment - with a $40 CPF "member discount."

Really.

:mad:

I'll pass. Shame they didn't do this the right way and offer Cool Fall some consideration. Might have totally changed the reception on CPF. Just sayin'...

jorgen

Enlightened
It occurs to me that all that has transpired might be a basis for a defense against the Surefire lawsuit. Disallowing this makes the situation inscrutable, to me.

RTJ

Newly Enlightened
Recent info:

We've already declare things clear enough that we have nothing to do with Niteye. We are the manufacturer, sole exporter of Nitecore and Jetbeam.

Some of the rules and regulations may not be controlled well but we are now trying to take care of this mess.

Anyway, please rest assure about Nitecore products for your market. Rumors will sooner or later stop by smart ones and products themselves will stand for the fact.

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Back "in stock" at HKEquipment - with a $40 CPF "member discount."

Really.

:mad:

I'll pass. Shame they didn't do this the right way and offer Cool Fall some consideration. Might have totally changed the reception on CPF. Just sayin'...

That really pisses me off! As a Tri-V owner I'm appalled by hkequipment's back and forth on selling/not selling this light. I've been on their site for the past 2 days piecing together what I want to buy, including an Olight X6, along with other stuff totaling around $800+ or so.

I can safely say I will be taking my shopping elsewhere (even fleabay), even if it means I have to get everything separately from different places

RTJ

Newly Enlightened
Recent info:

We've already declare things clear enough that we have nothing to do with Niteye. We are the manufacturer, sole exporter of Nitecore and Jetbeam.

Some of the rules and regulations may not be controlled well but we are now trying to take care of this mess.

Anyway, please rest assure about Nitecore products for your market. Rumors will sooner or later stop by smart ones and products themselves will stand for the fact.

Let me clear things up a little bit. I've got this info from a contact person at Sysmax. They are very carefull with giving inside info. This is the only thing they want to say now. I believe it has something to do with lincenses or similair stuff.

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
It occurs to me that all that has transpired might be a basis for a defense against the Surefire lawsuit. Disallowing this makes the situation inscrutable, to me.

I had sort of wondered the same thing, if the confusion between all these companies had to do with that lawsuit against some by Surefire.

Let me clear things up a little bit. I've got this info from a contact person at Sysmax...

Not trying to be rude or anything, but you should be sure you've got your contact's permission to pass that info along. One of CPF's rules is not to publicly post private conversations without the permission of everyone involved, and in this case that could be a fairly important rule to follow. If you already have their permission, great, and thanks for passing the info on to us! ;)

RTJ

Newly Enlightened
I had sort of wondered the same thing, if the confusion between all these companies had to do with that lawsuit against some by Surefire.

Not trying to be rude or anything, but you should be sure you've got your contact's permission to pass that info along. One of CPF's rules is not to publicly post private conversations without the permission of everyone involved, and in this case that could be a fairly important rule to follow. If you already have their permission, great, and thanks for passing the info on to us! ;)

Hi BicMac, if you take a closer look on what it says, you find hardly any new info to be honest.... They say they are not connected to Niteye in any way which they have been saying already on CPF. So, let's just wait and see what happens.

aau007

Enlightened
Please also note that Sysmax is located in Guangzhou, Guangdong, China according to their website.

The Jetbeam that Niteye and whoever this Viola person refer to is "Shenzhen Jetbeam Electronic Technology CO.,LTD" that is located in Shenzhen, Guangdong, China.

I am suspecting that there is a Jetbeam brand and also companies and/or stores that is/are called Jetbeam or some variation of ... Jetbeam ... and they all sell Jetbeam labelled flashlight and some.

In China, more than one person will call themselves the maker. The designer will say they are the maker, so does the company that puts in the manufacturing order and so does the actual factory that actually mills the flashlight.

Same theory, is iPhone made by Apple or Foxconn?

aau007

Enlightened
BTW, are we still talking about the ZIP20?

Has anyone actually compared it side by side to a SPY007 or are we all just calling cheap shots because Niteye has not apparently reward the original designer in any ways or forms?

royjohnson77

Newly Enlightened
OK then, maybe this is a much simpler way for me to ask the powers that be exactly what I would really like to know, so here is my question!

If I was to go out tomorrow and outlay some of my hard earned cash just to buy a new JETBeam flashlight from an authorised reseller, who is it that specifically benefits from my purchase. Is it Sysmax Industries or Niteye, or if it is neither of these two would you please specifically explain to me exactly who it actually is!

I also want to know this question too. I am interested in purchasing a few JETBeam lights. How do I know I am getting a real JETBeam?

I heard from a few Niteye dealers. Any JETBeam dealers can voice their thoughts?

Where is Flavio at Bugoutgearusa? Have not heard from him at CPF in a long time. Maybe Flavio knows more about this situation than the rest of us can.

I went to Bugoutgearusa and JETbeamusa's websites and they are not seeming to replensihing their JETBeam stock.

Last edited:

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi BicMac, if you take a closer look on what it says, you find hardly any new info to be honest.... They say they are not connected to Niteye in any way which they have been saying already on CPF. So, let's just wait and see what happens.

I understand and agree RTJ, I wasn't accusing you of doing anything wrong, just wanted to make sure we're all being careful here. :thumbsup:

RTJ

Newly Enlightened
I understand and agree RTJ, I wasn't accusing you of doing anything wrong, just wanted to make sure we're all being careful here. :thumbsup:

No problem Bigmac. It's not really inside information, more or less a different way of saying the same. I have no further info as I expect Sysmax to release an official statement pretty soon.

borealis

Newly Enlightened
Please also note that Sysmax is located in Guangzhou, Guangdong, China according to their website.

The Jetbeam that Niteye and whoever this Viola person refer to is "Shenzhen Jetbeam Electronic Technology CO.,LTD" that is located in Shenzhen, Guangdong, China.

I am suspecting that there is a Jetbeam brand and also companies and/or stores that is/are called Jetbeam or some variation of ... Jetbeam ... and they all sell Jetbeam labelled flashlight and some.

In China, more than one person will call themselves the maker. The designer will say they are the maker, so does the company that puts in the manufacturing order and so does the actual factory that actually mills the flashlight.

Same theory, is iPhone made by Apple or Foxconn?
That's a good point, but there is no variation of "JETBeam" -- both companies are using the same exact logo.

Viola-niteye

Newly Enlightened
Re: Shenzhen JETBEAM termination of SYSMAX agent selling, stop supply to SYSMAX

Since SYSMAX violates JETBeam agency rules and misleads dealers & consumers, attempting to occupy JETBeam brand ownership; meanwhile, they uses JETBeam channel to promote their own brand NITECORE hard, Shenzhen Jetbeam Electronic Technology CO., Ltd - the manufactuer and owner of JETBeam brand, here officially claims that from Aug, 2012, we will terminate SYSMAX Industry Trading Company Limited's license for global agent for JETBeam. From Aug 2012, Jetbeam will stop supplying any JETBeam goods to SYSMAX. Now Shenzhen Jetbeam (JETBeam manufacturer and owner) is adjusting related brand license and distributorship policy.

Shenzhen Jetbeam Electronic Technology CO., Ltd will manage its own brand JETBeam & NITEYE directly.

Both JETBeam & NITEYE belong to Shenzhen Jetbeam Electronic Technology CO., Ltd. They share the same factory and the same general designer. The brand registration, product design and production belong to the same owner - Mr. Mo ( the boss and general designer of Shenzhen Jetbeam Electronic Technology CO., Ltd).

SYSMAX is just a seller of JETBeam.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Shenzhen JETBEAM termination of SYSMAX agent selling, stop supply to SYSMAX

Oh come on Viola, that sounds so petty isn't it? Whatever you say or do, please remember that the plagiarizing of Data's SPY007 design is putting Niteye in a very bad light. I am definitely awaiting concrete photo proof from you showing your contract and ownership of Jetbeam. There's no point defending without a photo proof (as the Chinese saying puts it, 空口说白话). Anyway, I know I am definitely not going to buy any of Niteye's products. What a shame!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.