NO-hassle guarantee from Surefire...?

my_gentle_cry

Newly Enlightened
Re: NO-hassle guarantee from Surefire is just a myth

Just because a customer is abroad does not mean company treat them unfairly. If surefire has a no-hassle guarantee then that policy is equally applicable for international customers as well, who sometimes pay exorbitant amounts just to purchase their products. The shipping costs of sending a faulty light back to surefire can be at times more than the light itself, not to mention the fact that the local dealers often outright refuse to help.

I'm ready to pay the expenses for re-sending these defective parts to them... but it seems to be not enough.

my_gentle_cry

Newly Enlightened

HELL LIGHT, RobertM, so I need to press them by my calls :D they have tone dialing and it takes me more time to contact the manager ... would like to note that it is much more expensive for me as I'm Ukrainian =) though this fact does not stop me ... I will do it ... My Surefire flashlights will cost like gold :D it is another reason I love CPF and its members! If I buy smth I get it quickly and I can resolve the problems in case they arise.

AnAppleSnail, thank U for Ur good advise. Besides, be friendly is my work ))))) I'm a customer service member of Ukrainian Company ;)

DimeRazorback, Ohhhyh, I'm lucky )))) I'm not alone =)

divine, ye, I need them. Besides, the U2 problem has not been fixed in full. Hope, I will decide it in the near future.

DimeRazorback, thanks for Ur opinion
berry580, I have been buying from Nite, FiveMega etc..... It is a gorgeous service they give!
Entrope, U are lucky! I envy )))))))

Last edited:

alantch

Enlightened

From my expereince, SF is not very timely with their email responses. Being an int'l member, email is the only option I have in contacting them due to high call charges and the time difference. Perhaps the sales volume for the rest of the world is miniscule compared to the domestic market for them, which is why we're considered 'low priority' :thumbsdow . But as some has mentioned, an SF customer is an SF customer and they shouldn't treat us differently just because you're not based in CONUS.

For your troubles, perhaps a kind member based in CONUS would be able to help you out in this case? :poke:

my_gentle_cry

Newly Enlightened

From my expereince, SF is not very timely with their email responses. Being an int'l member, email is the only option I have in contacting them due to high call charges and the time difference. Perhaps the sales volume for the rest of the world is miniscule compared to the domestic market for them, which is why we're considered 'low priority' :thumbsdow . But as some has mentioned, an SF customer is an SF customer and they shouldn't treat us differently just because you're not based in CONUS.

For your troubles, perhaps a kind member based in CONUS would be able to help you out in this case? :poke:

Alantch, You've hit it on the nose. Besides, one CPF member offered me to help. I'm goin' to try my luck one more time and to make several calls to Surefire ... If it fails I will ask smb based in CONUS to help me... Thx.

Egsise

Banned

Have you tried to send email from different adress, it could be that they treated your emails as spam?

I would never ever trust a warranty that works only if you call someone, for international customers there could also be language problems.
And the phone bills :eek:

Someone mentioned fax, that was hilarious, it's year 2009 and fax is used mostly by outdated companys who don't know how email works.

my_gentle_cry

Newly Enlightened

Have you tried to send email from different adress, it could be that they treated your emails as spam?

I would never ever trust a warranty that works only if you call someone, for international customers there could also be language problems.
And the phone bills :eek:

Someone mentioned fax, that was hilarious, it's year 2009 and fax is used mostly by outdated companys who don't know how email works.

I tried from different e-mails. Besides, when one of my e-mails was blocked by The Barracuda Spam Firewall Surefire uses I sent a message to barracuda.com, explained my problem to them. My IP address had been unblocked, so I know exacly that all further messages from me have been received by Surefire Company.
Fax is a good variant. They will be fed up with me by all ways! :D

Niconical

Enlightened

That's one of the reason why I don't own SF. Why paid them extra for extra CS services within the US only? :welcome:

The local Surefire dealer you buy a flashlight from will support the product just as well as Surefire HQ would for US buyers.

pulstar

Enlightened

I also think that people who are willing to pay extra price for Surefire flashlights deserve being treated the same no mather where they're coming from. I bought a LX2 just because Surefire's good reputation about warranty claims. My lx2 has a little bit wobbly tailcap, i asked Surefire(emailed them to helpyou@...) if this is normal and i recieved a reply a few hours later that i need to send them my shipping address and that they will send me a new tailcap. This was a few days ago, so i will give them, let's say, 2-3 weeks to ship the tailcap to Slovenia. :crackup:On the other hand, light is still functional, just a bit odd to operate, but when we buy surefire, we want almost perfection:)
I really hope that you'll get your light fixed though... And even if we're in 21. century, i think would be best to fax them: Fax machines are super annoying with all that strange sounds while receving data:) Maybe they even have a multi-function printing/scanning/faxing device and your faxes should then do even bigger damage to their nerves:):crackup:

my_gentle_cry

Newly Enlightened

I also think that people who are willing to pay extra price for Surefire flashlights deserve being treated the same no mather where they're coming from. I bought a LX2 just because Surefire's good reputation about warranty claims. My lx2 has a little bit wobbly tailcap, i asked Surefire(emailed them to helpyou@...) if this is normal and i recieved a reply a few hours later that i need to send them my shipping address and that they will send me a new tailcap. This was a few days ago, so i will give them, let's say, 2-3 weeks to ship the tailcap to Slovenia. :crackup:On the other hand, light is still functional, just a bit odd to operate, but when we buy surefire, we want almost perfection:)
I really hope that you'll get your light fixed though... And even if we're in 21. century, i think would be best to fax them: Fax machines are super annoying with all that strange sounds while receving data:) Maybe they even have a multi-function printing/scanning/faxing device and your faxes should then do even bigger damage to their nerves:):crackup:
my L1 is also functional ... without max mode))) I use it instead of a candle when the electricity of our town is turned off :D
2-3 weeks ???:eek: think it is too short period for them...))) they can't make it at 2-3 weeks. so, fax machine is my last hope =)))) Good luck to U too !

ackbar

Enlightened

Faxes are still around because signed contacts sent via that method have legal standing. Your other alternative is to deliver it in person and or have is messengered.

Until email get the same status you'll be seeing fax machines in businesses for years to come.

Or at least that is how it is here in Canada.

HELL LIGHT

Banned

In my own experience if you call the law enforcement and military customer support they always pay attention to your concern instead of put you on hold. And it would be up to you to use the proper term to explain what the problem is.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast

I had some tailcaps issues in the past and when I called them, they were quick to send me replacement tailcaps.

Last week, I damaged my M4 reflector, called them and they issued me an RMA for me to send the light to them. I'm hoping to get it back within a couple of weeks.

I agree that they should be more responsive to emails as many buyers are not located within the US.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, in the weird and wonderful way the world works!

I just received and email with my RMA :D

So looks like I'm going to the post office on monday :D

:twothumbs

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast

I believe there is somewhat of a language barrier going on in this thread. I can understand accents pretty good, but sometimes it is difficult to do over the phone.

The only way I see someone on the phone requesting someone to send them an email is if they think they might have better luck with a written description.

And... it sounds like the written one didn't turn out very good either. I wouldn't mind proof reading something if it would help.

my_gentle_cry

Newly Enlightened

I don't see where you've told us what the current problem with your U2 is.

the rubber of my U2 tailcap is peeling off (pic 1).

Besides I had 30 min talk with support team and Martin understood me clearly... My English is not fluent in technical terms but I can explain that I have problems with 3 flashlights of Surefire. my e-mail was asked cause he had needed to be convinced of my word's truth. I was asked the photos of the devective parts....

DimeRazorback, my congratulations!!!! )))
xcel730, I will send my e-mails over and over )))) It's no trouble at all)) will be a real Ukrainian spammer :D

HELL LIGHT, thx for Ur advice

Hammer Train

Banned

I must say that I too have had problems with Surefire customer services.

As I am outside of the US I get to deal with the 'International Rep / Reps'. I think that therein lies the problem as the US guys seem to get great service!

Last time I had a defective E1B head, I contacted them and waited 2 weeks for a reply - nothing. Contacted them again and left an answerphone message - a week later they emailed me back (in response to the original email - the phone message had been 'lost') and said they would get me an RMA number. Another week later an RMA number arrived. I emailed them a question I needed answering before sending the light back - bored of typing now but let's just say they kept me waiting yet again, and then again!!!!

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast

You might want to try services like SKYPE to call the US. it might be cheaper.

pulstar

Enlightened

Yup, i think that when you make a new acccount you automatically get 30 free minutes for calling on "regular" phone numbers. I'm not sure, since i made my skype account a few years ago...

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry dude, but you don´t live in U.S. territory.

That really sucks... Surefire "lifetime warranty" does not work for us, U.S. outsiders.

:thumbsdow

Latest posts