NO-hassle guarantee from Surefire...?

quokked

Enlightened
Re: NO-hassle guarantee from Surefire is just a myth

I've had three issues with Surefires and they have eventually gotten back to me and sorted my issues....

1st Time
The leaf springs broke off on my Black A2 just like your L1 and they took about two months to get a new replacement black tailcap shipped to me in Oz. I called them on that occasion and the 'States run their call centres was a new experience to me.

2nd Time
I had a buggy L5 switch and they sent me a replacment switch but that took about four months but i got it! Emailed that time on [email protected]

3rd time
I managed to break my L5 pocket clip and I emailed them...
11 months later I got the package from Surefire and lo and behold I got the clip... after I had long forgotten about it.
Great thing was they included a little 'sorry about the long reply' letter that was hand typed by a Surefire employee and signed too... they also included a little sorry gift for me too which was really really nice of them :D

From what I've heard from the dealer here in Melbourne Australia is that Surefire's customer service overseas is pretty good but they do sometimes have long lead times.
The main thing with Surefire is to have a little patience with them, the Surefire people from my experience try their hardest but they are very busy...
:shrug:

Last edited:

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's exactly it!

They may take a while to reply, but when you put it into the grand scheme, they would get hundreds of phone calls a day!

So obviously they will prioritise a phone call over an email. I have yet to loose patience as I understand this, and to be honest it was quite a surprise when I received my RMA via email the other day.

Even though I had to wait a while, I am still impressed by the professionalism in which my situation has been handled so far!

:twothumbs

my_gentle_cry

Newly Enlightened

I must say that I too have had problems with Surefire customer services.

As I am outside of the US I get to deal with the 'International Rep / Reps'. I think that therein lies the problem as the US guys seem to get great service!

Last time I had a defective E1B head, I contacted them and waited 2 weeks for a reply - nothing. Contacted them again and left an answerphone message - a week later they emailed me back (in response to the original email - the phone message had been 'lost') and said they would get me an RMA number. Another week later an RMA number arrived. I emailed them a question I needed answering before sending the light back - bored of typing now but let's just say they kept me waiting yet again, and then again!!!!

As for the case with my U2… I detected the moisture on the surface of the battery. There were the real drops of water inside the tailcap… And then it occurred to be the problem with the rubber of the tailcap. It was a defect: because of the crack in the rubber of the tailcap U2 had not got a hermeticity. I don't know what will be with my U2 in this case. I sent a message to Surefire and asked to BUY these rubber caps for my U2. U see it is not the problem for me to buy these spares from them if they are not willing to send them for free according to their no-hassle guarantee. It is a bitter truth I can't obtain a guarantee when buying my M6 at the price of 600 USD.
Solscud007, pulstar, I will try this method too. Thank U.
Federal LG, I need the spares... their guarranty is more than I can hope for

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry dude, but you don´t live in U.S. territory.

That really sucks... Surefire "lifetime warranty" does not work for us, U.S. outsiders.

:thumbsdow

I live in Norway and have only had great experiences with SF warranty. A few times through Surefire USA and once through the new Norwegian dealer.

They really do prefer you to use your local dealer and that dealer should help you even if they didn't sell you the light.

If you are an international customer it might be wise to contact: internationalrep2 at surefire.com to get advice.

Sverre

my_gentle_cry

Newly Enlightened

I live in Norway and have only had great experiences with SF warranty. A few times through Surefire USA and once through the new Norwegian dealer.

They really do prefer you to use your local dealer and that dealer should help you even if they didn't sell you the light.

If you are an international customer it might be wise to contact: internationalrep2 at surefire.com to get advice.

Sverre
I sent the e-mails to internationalrep2 at surefire.com. I have not received any replies.

kramer5150

Flashaholic

I haven't followed this thread much... I just want to wish the OP good Luck!!

I hope I have better luck than you when/if my SFs need servicing. I only live ~350 miles away, and have family in San Bernadino. so I could just drive there and buy / beg for a replacement part if I need to.:thumbsup:

Schuey2002

Enlightened

Called them up the other day asking to purchase a few small items that I needed. One being a long clip for my L4, the other a new lens for a 6P. The sweet lady on the phone said that she would let me have them for free.

Hopefully they get here in the next few days. :twothumbs

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast

Called them up the other day asking to purchase a few small items that I needed. One being a long clip for my L4, the other a new lens for a 6P. The sweet lady on the phone said that she would let me have them for free.

Hopefully they get here in the next few days. :twothumbs

Yep...they rock...hope they get your situation sorted out, OP.

pulstar

Enlightened

While reading some of the last posts i wish i could sing Born in the USA, born in the...:twothumbs
I too wait for replacement tailcap, but i doubt it'll arrive in some near future. Can someone tells how does warranty procedure actually look like? You inform SF, they ask you for your addrres and that's it? You never get confirmation email about sent parts or some other questions from SF? How do you claim your warranty, DimmeRazorback(hope i wrote that right...) since you live in Australia? I wish i could get a new tailcap without making a call to SF because of rediciolus int. phone prices...

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast

While reading some of the last posts i wish i could sing Born in the USA, born in the...:twothumbs
I too wait for replacement tailcap, but i doubt it'll arrive in some near future. Can someone tells how does warranty procedure actually look like? You inform SF, they ask you for your addrres and that's it? You never get confirmation email about sent parts or some other questions from SF? How do you claim your warranty, DimmeRazorback(hope i wrote that right...) since you live in Australia? I wish i could get a new tailcap without making a call to SF because of rediciolus int. phone prices...

This is a great country! :twothumbs

And you are correct: you call SF with request, they confirm your shipping info, then you wait. I've never received any email or shipping/order info from them before...

Might be different for international though :shrug:

Panaphonic

Newly Enlightened

I've received something like 4 replacement parts from surefire, they never asked a question that wasn't related to repairing my flashlight.

SureAddicted

Enlightened

This thread has me thinking on what you guy's are doing wrong. No where in the clause does it say that the lifetime guarantee is only applicable to those in the U.S. Another thing I'm assuming is registering, the card you get with a new light, using the number on it to register it online. I think that has a major part to play in it. I had to use STS a few times, I was only on the phone for about 2-3 minutes each time, and I had the replacement part in my hand after 4 days of contact, not 5, but 4 days on them 3 occasions, and the part was couriered each time to my door. After the first time I contacted them with a issue, the second they knew all my details, my name and where to send the replacement part. I also think they know what I own by the way of registering, maybe not, but I think it does.

The first time i did email them, got no reply so I called them. Calling them always worked for me.

pulstar

Enlightened

i agree...registering is important for sf that they can verify you really purchased their products...god knows how many people could abuse their free warranty... I've registered my lx2 and when i emailed sf about strange behaviour of tailcap, i recieved response from them very quickly...but when they'll actually send me a new one..?

Schuey2002

Enlightened

I just want to say that I have owned several SF lights over the years. And not one of them have been registered with them.

Yet, they have fixed every single problem that I have ever had with one of their products. From a blown P60 in a G2 that was brand-spankin' new. To a KX2 with a cat-**** green beam (I had to send it back.) Even a Z59 that stopped working minutes after receiving my 6P Defender..

The same applies with this latest phone call to SF. I didn't get on the phone and demand anything. I simply asked them if I could if I purchase those two parts. I even told the lady I had my CC ready and waiting.

"Just tell me when you want my CC number and I'll give it to you..." ~Me

"That's ok. Those two items are covered under warranty. There will be no charge. Here is your order number _________. Can I confirm the following address ________ ? We'll get those items right out." ~SF

:grin2:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D

I had one of the God like Milky Spit lights that quit working. He never returned calls or E-mails. Sent it to SF they put a new head on it no questions asked.

I will just buy SF, and no more, well...leave it at that.

They stand behind what they make.

computernut

Enlightened

I'm in Canada and I had to call Surefire about a z62 tailcap on my A2. I was on their 1800# for all of 3 minutes and they said they'd send me a replacement right away. I got it a couple of weeks later. So no complaints here even though Canada isn't as international as other countries.

One issue I have is Canadian dealers who don't seem to want to special order anything and US dealers won't send things across the border. I finally found a Canadian dealer that will order me anything so I'm happy now.

DimmerD

Enlightened

What I find weird is he called them and they asked him to email them? Anyone else experience this?

my_gentle_cry

Newly Enlightened

kramer5150, 350 miles really????? )))))) I wish being Ur best friend)))))) so, if my problem would not be resolved I have a GREAT ...THE GREATEST hope U will help me to get some of the spares of SF when visitin' Ur family in San Bernadino =) thx for Ur attention to my topic.
Schuey2002, hope U will get them in the near future! good luck!
pulstar, SureAddicted, as for the calls... I decided to call them yesterday... I had been waiting for my turn for 15 min )))) then i had a talk with James... he said that i needed to explain him the whole problem with my flashlight then he would be able to help... the first question was "where are U from?"... I explained him the problem and he said that I needed another support service manager ... James tried to reconnect me to the manager who decides repair flashlight cases ... and the money on my phone were over :D and it was no wonder for me... ))) to call them I need to burn out the whole salary on my phone account ))))so, James said that Martin would be online the next week. I will try to contact Martin and to send fax.
pulstar, do like me)))) use all the ways to press them and to get what U need)))))