Nor. California/Bay Area CPF Get-togerther this Saturday

Andreas

Enlightened
Re: Bay Area?

megaray won't fit in the Lambo!! at least in the case that is?? So which will it be?? Lambo or MegaRay? going to need some help convincing SF that I NEED a HELLFIRE :huh2:

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast

LOL

I guess for a bunch of poton-junkies you know the answer....Unless of course the headlights in the Lambo smokes the Megaray...

You know, you can always open a fictitious defense research company, and claim that you, ahem, need a hellfire for, uh, research purposes... :devil:

Nick

P.S.: can you also grace us with the presence of the L6 Porcupine?

Last edited:

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

I talked with Tony tonight, and he was pretty wishy-washy on the food decision. We discussed the possibility of pizza, Armadillo Willies BBQ, and Chinese take out. The current thinking from the phone conversation was to let the attendees decide.

That sounded good on the surface, but after careful consideration, I thought that that would lead to too much discussion aout food and not enough discussion about flashlights.

Upon further deliberation, I have made a command decision, that because of the cost of preprepared food and the uncertainty with the number of participants, that we will have a grazing bill of fare for dinner.

The bill of fare will consist of Chicken Casadeas, Shrimp and artichoke Bruschetta's, Petite Prosciutto and Florentine Quiches, Lil' Smokie saugages in BBQ sause, Shrimp and seafood sauce, and other as yet to be determined delicasies.

If you would like to bring a food item to share that would be nice, but is not required or even expected as there will be pelnty fo food.

Hope all of you guys/gals from the mid to northern reasches of the bay area can make it. I know the south bay people will be there.

They way I figure it, these get togethers don't happen all that often, and when somebody volunteers there house to hold one, it's up to the rest of us to support him by showing up. After all, its really just a family reunion.

jpeg

Enlightened

JimH said:
The last time we were there it looked like it had just been remodeled.

Yeah, now we're re-re-modeling.
I dunno, I just let the wife do her thing and try not to cringe when we get the bill. The poor woman doesn't collect flashlights, so she needs something to keep her busy... :)

JimH said:
After all, its really just a family reunion.

I hear that... :thumbsup:

I've got a 3-D computer event to attend in SF on Saturday, so I won't be able to get down there till probably 6:30-7:00...
But I'll be there... :party:

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK Looks like Saturday Dec 3rd is more popular and I was thinking around 6:30pm

Here's the list so far:

JimH - confirmed
CromagNet - confirmed
Gadget_Lover - confirmed
JPEG - confirmed
270winchester - confirmed
CNC - confirmed
HARRY - confirmed
ModaMag - tentative (expecting new baby any day)
PaulB - confirmed
Andreas
Penguin

So what's going on with food? Is Commander Jim taking this on himself?? Looks like a nice menu. Let me know what you need.

I'll be putting up the RED LED Christmas lights on Thanksgiving so it'll be real easy to spot our house ehehehh. Also be keeping an eye on the weather forecast. Oh and I have a 2GB SD card in the digital camera so we'll get lot's of beamshots and Daniel will probably bring his custom deep bucket integrating sphere for LUMEN readouts of your favorite lights! :D

Please bring any budding newbie potential flashaholic friends, just post here so we get a head count.

Any other requests? :)

Tony

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

Beamhead said:
Would a wing nut from Sacramento be allowed to attend? :p
Yes - you are most welcome. See if you can get ahold of that other wingnut from the central valley, Theepdinker. Those of us from the bay area had a great time at his Central Valley get together lasty spring. It's time for him to come join us in the bay area. We have plenty of parking around my house for campers and trailers.

I have a voice mail in to knifebirght - it would be great to have a reunion of the central valley get together.

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Unfortunately I can't come my wife got show tickets for that date..

JimH has a PILA GatLight already, and I'll make sure that Andreas who ordered a PILA GatLight and a Titanium 123 GatLight will have his lights for the get together.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

mobile1 said:
Unfortunately I can't come my wife got show tickets for that date..

I don't understand :thinking: . The light SHOW is at Tony's house, and we don't sell tickets. Please let us know where the other LIGHT show is on the same night.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

CromagNet said:
So what's going on with food? Is Commander Jim taking this on himself?? Looks like a nice menu.

I learned a long time ago, never put a skinny guy in charge of the menu - Sorry Tony.

I figure it this way - I and knifebright (if I can get him down here) will handle the food, Cromagnet (Tony) will provide the faclities, the man upstairs will provide the dark, all attendees will provide the great conversation plus recently aquired and modded lights to show off, and master modders/creaters (such as modamag) will provide prototypes of their current projects.

This will be a major fun event. All I can say is be there or regret that you wern't.

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Some cirque de soleil tickets - no light show. I can tell them to turn off the lights and you guys can come over and do the lighting :)

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm in. I think it's been a year or so since I've been to a get-together.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

The get together is just 2 weeks away, and the menu is shaping up - we are doing a semi-international menu. So far we have

Chicken Quesadillas - Mexico
Shrimp and artichoke Bruschetta's - Italy
Petite Prosciutto and Florentine Quiches - France
Lil' Smokie saugages in BBQ sause - US
Shrimp and seafood sauce -US
Cheescake variety from Cheesecake Factory - world

VidPro, Looking forward to seeing you again. I've posted what we have so far - just pick a country we don't have yet if you want to bring a food item.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast

JimH said:
VidPro, Looking forward to seeing you again. I've posted what we have so far - just pick a country we don't have yet if you want to bring a food item.

OK then Fried Terantula and TOFU is it :)
umm i need a suggestion, from anybody who sees an item missing off jims list, or something.

knifebright

Enlightened

Hey all
have i just been comissoned to cater this event??? Sounds good to me. Doing this for a living is one of those things that once it gets out.... just kiddne it would be a pleasure. Jim i'll check my work situation and see if i can after the holiday. I'll be able to tell next weekend. Hmmm lots of good food... some flashlights and if i'm lucky perhaps a knife or two.. good times
jimmy

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

Andreas said:
megaray won't fit in the Lambo!!

Plan B - trade the Lambo for a small pickup truck like this one. I'm surprised you don't already have one.
smoker.gif

CXTWAPostcopy.jpg

cxt-red-2.jpg

InternationalCXT.jpg

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

knifebright said:
Hey all
have i just been comissoned to cater this event???

Not "comissoned to cater" - just volunteered to add some class delicasies to my low class offerings.