Nor. California/Bay Area CPF Get-togerther this Saturday

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
**** Bay Area - Get-together Sat, Dec, 3rd *************************

That's a heck of a pose Jim! I think the Bikini models have ya beat though ;)

OK Looks like Saturday Dec 3rd is more popular and I was thinking around 6:30pm at 16362 Lavender Ln. Los Gatos, CA 95032

Here's a mapquest URL: http://tinyurl.com/9tw7o

I should have the LED Christmas Lights up so it will be really easy to spot because I have a lot of them and they're all RED.

Here's the latest list:

JimH - confirmed
CromagNet - confirmed
Gadget_Lover - confirmed
JPEG - confirmed
270winchester - confirmed
CNC - confirmed
HARRYn - confirmed
ModaMag - tentative (expecting new baby any day)
PaulB - confirmed
Andreas - ??? (Let's see those big daddy lights!)
Penguin - confirmed
KnifeBright - tentative (hope you can make it Jimmy)
Double_A - confirmed
VidPro - confirmed
BeamHead - ?? (Hope you can make it, just post a confirmation)
George80 - tentative

Anyone bringing a guest? budding noobs are welcome :)

Hey Harry! Are we going to get to see your new light? K2? Cree?

PS **Go ahead and post any unique/new lights that you'll be bringing**

I have all the ones in my sig-line plus hopefully a 35k modded TacTikka Plus Headlamp and those high powered MiniMag Incan Mods.

I know JimH will have a couple of the MiniMag incan mods and a Gatlight as well as the flamethrowing USL!! The New Costco HiD too I think

If Knifebright can make it he has some of the kewlest single cell mods too.

Maybe McGizmo can grace us with his presence and a few new protos? What ya say Don?

Last edited:

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: **** Bay Area - Get-together Sat, Dec, 3rd *************************

Awsome, thanks Tony and Jim for all your work.....

BTW I'll be bringing my yet-to-be-seen-in-public 3D that is driven by a 12 cell 1650 pack. I just got a new pack and conditioned it last week. I believe Penguin saw its predecessor but that battery pack was worn out(hey, 17.5 initial volts driving a 12volt bulb puts a toll on everyone except that operator1!!)

Nick

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Bay Area?

Hey, everyone - Tony's doing a great job of adding all the new information to the first post, so keep an eye out there for the latest updates.

Tony, please copy the menu from post #35 of this thread to the first post, and you can update it if anyone posts a food item they are bringing.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's not the "new" Costco HID light. It's the old, and only, Costco HID light. Still, always a fun light to bring to a get together, and there may be some attendees who have not seen it yet.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

oops.gif

The update post is post #41 in this thread - not the first post.

CLHC

Flashaholic

Well I just have to bring mine to then. . .2 Costco HID Spotters eh?

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

Beamhead said:
Thanks for the welcome guys
smile.gif

Can I and maybe Lady Beam be penciled in as tentative?

When do need to know for certain?:popcorn: :p

We don't need to know for certain. We are just trying to get a rough head count.

I hope you can make it, and please do bring Lady Beam. If you can't make it, at least send Lady Beam.
smoker.gif

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast

JimH said:
It's not the "new" Costco HID light. It's the old, and only, Costco HID light. Still, always a fun light to bring to a get together, and there may be some attendees who have not seen it yet.

this isn't that light you used to call the "turkey fryer" is it?

TheFire

Enlightened

Thanks JimH for sending out the PM to point this out to me... my addiction has been going through a bit of a latent phase recently, after having spent the flashlight money on one of the most excellent push drive lights...

I may or may not be able to make it, since I'm not really bay area any more (a bit past Napa, actually). I'll do my best to get down though, these things are always lots of fun!

CLHC

Flashaholic

Since this meet is next week, there's a need for me to know how to get to said location? Can someone be kind enough to PM or email address?—Thank you. . .

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast

Get-together is Saturday Dec. 3rd at 6:30PM at 16362 Lavender Ln. Los Gatos, CA 95032

Here's a mapquest
http://tinyurl.com/9tw7o

I should have the LED Christmas Lights up so it will be really easy to spot because I have a lot of them and they're all RED.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic

Heeyyyyyy. Isn't that address near a Fry's Electronics? Isn't that kind of dangerous? We might lose a few guests as they pass by on the freeway.

I'm looking forward to the get-together, even though I can't figure out what to bring. I only know about chinese, italian and 'merican' foods. Those are all taken. :(

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

Daniel,

It is not necessary, or even expected, to bring a food item. Bring one only if it tickles your fancy.

BTW, this is BYODB (bring your own doggie bag)

Sierra_Bill

Newly Enlightened

Me too! Me too! I've been a no-show around here too long. Been playing with knives and cameras, now and then flashlights, and time permitting, my girlfriend. ;-) Oh, and playing in the Sierra, too.

My girlfriend probably won't be attending. She asks: "What do they do, play with light sabers or something?"

Sierra Bill

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's looks like my weekend calender just cleared up and I am free to attend. It will be a first for me. I've never attended a Bay Area get-together. What type of lights should I bring? Food item too?

Latest posts