OK, I've Finally Done It.

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
At 1st I was turned off by the size, but I started thinking - I'm probably a little bit taller than your son

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
*update* I'm proud to announce that ALL Handsun lights now come with class 3 PCA's, using conformal coating as well as all soldered joints/connections are RoHS (lead free), Infact, we are using a Tin+Gold+Copper solder for superior corrosion and tin whisker prevention! Soon to come, weather/water proof sealed switches and the addition of external USB output for cell phone/mp3 player! These will be standard upgrades at no extra cost!:)
Can u PM me or post here when these soon to come feature are ready? I'll buy one when these features are on it, these are 2 great ideas

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok no hurry I definitely wanna go with a 75W I'll wait, I suppose u won't get started on a custom order until paid, I can pay u a week from now on the 12th. Let me know if there are any little extra cost upgrades that might be an option, maybe a lens cover, or an extra premium bulb or something...thanks.

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
I find little difference in 35 watts vs 75-80 at close range, it's the distance where its noticed... Out there where you almost need binoculars to see anyway.

But being flashaholics, we all just don't want to illuminate but devastate and intimidate!

Kinda like the flavor of this... https://youtu.be/iQrLPtr_ikE

eyesonfire

Newly Enlightened
More info on the lipo please.. How are you monitoring the voltage so as not to damage the battery. Also how are you balance charging the lipo? Do you include a balance external plug, or does the battery have to be removed each time for charging?
Last question.. A lipo in a sealed host is dangerous. Do you have a blow by port somewhere on the light?
Thx...

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Lipo I was offering is a self balancing pack, I acquired them from member Lips. That'd be the person you'd want to talk to about specifics on them.
My host isn't sealed enough to allow pressure buildup.

eyesonfire

Newly Enlightened
The reason i ask is if this is a lipo battery, the softpak type. I never have seen or know of a self balance lipo. You normally need a lipo balance charger.
These lipo batteries are very temperamental and require each cell to be within close voltage to each other. Also going below voltage will damage them.
Do you have a link to these batterys.? Thanks again.

BVH

Flashaholic
They were approx 11 to 12 AH packs with a balancing PC board wrapped within the shrink wrap. When the charge is complete and input current stops, the balancing board equalizes the cells by draining tiny amounts of current until all cells are the same Voltage. I still have some of these and they are working fine.

BVH

Flashaholic
Batteryspace.com has them by the hundreds for DIY'ers. My electric bike batteries are the same way. MFG's use them in products designed for people who know nothing about Lipo batteries. Maybe .1% of the population or less are going to buy balance chargers for Lipo batteries.

Last edited: