OK, I've Finally Done It.

BVH

Flashaholic
Very nice implementation of the HI/LOW function Fritz! A nice and clean mod, nothing visible from the outside. That's the way I like em! I do very little measuring with my meter and would probably not be the best person to answer your question about CP. Maybe Ma_Sha? Hopefully, you're gonna have buyers banging down your door!

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice implementation of the HI/LOW function Fritz! A nice and clean mod, nothing visible from the outside. That's the way I like em! Hopefully, you're gonna have buyers banging down your door!

Coming from you Bob, that says and means allot to me, tyvm! this is basically a "poor mans MB", i'm hoping at $175 anyway. it preforms better then i expected, and with the few tweaks and twists i've added has done great so far. i have a few other additions to make, but until i can sell the 1st two "demos", i don't really have the funding. i have about a dozen other "options" i'd like to offer in my series of lights but until the 1st sets sell, i simply don't have the funding to make the physical demos (which is what people wanna see/hold in hand) to decide what options they want. i want to make the lights affordable to everyone... even if i don't make a fortune off of them, just enough to be happy, and knowing i've made a light that makes others happy with that "hehehe wow its so bright and shiny!" grin. :)

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
GREAT NEWS!!! i know that cloud bounce is one of the pinicals of a good light on CPF, well.... Hand-Sun has done it!!!! :D i'd have taken pix but unfortunitley, until i put lead weights in the lower legs of by tripod, i can't. it's extremely windy here, and the cam would be all over the place, including its pieces. but the next time clouds are at that nice height i will certeny prove it to u all thru photo! i am SOOOOOOOOO Proud none the less! i was over 2 blocks away, could see the beam faintly, but when she hit the clouds, there was def visual!!!!!! :D :D :D

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those beam shots came out great and that's quite the thrower! Would you be able to build something like this with a few custom touches? I've been wanting one of these but have the switches replaced with aircraft style LED toggle switches with a cover on it.

41pnsqvlISL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
well.... that's Damn near exactly what i have! :D my version has diff legs, but already has a cover over the switches... IDK what "aircraft" style switches are, but i'm 99% sure i can do it.
PM me with more specifics. :)

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I recall properly (almost 100% sure), the Cyclops Thor X Colossus I posted is even bigger.... Might even throw farther because the reflector is HUGE and deeper. The aircraft style switch I'm talking about are these:

See Rule #3 Do not Hot Link images - Norm

It would be cool to have these switches on both settings. There's little LED's on top of the switch so you can see it "on", and the cover comes down to prevent accidental turn on

Last edited by a moderator:

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's really a very useful flood mode. What effect does the electromagnet have on compasses nearby? x.x

(Some people still use them)

BVH

Flashaholic
If I recall properly (almost 100% sure), the Cyclops Thor X Colossus I posted is even bigger.... Might even throw farther because the reflector is HUGE and deeper. The aircraft style switch I'm talking about are these:

See Rule #3 Do not Hot Link images - Norm

It would be cool to have these switches on both settings. There's little LED's on top of the switch so you can see it "on", and the cover comes down to prevent accidental turn on

My LarryK14 had the carbon fiber looking switch pictured above. It's a fairly large switch body as compared to the OEM Thor switches and I'm not sure if two would fit side-by-side in the original switch holes with out very significant enlargment around the switch holes. Mine has a red led out the top. Looks cool.

Last edited by a moderator:

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, despite the size of the switch, i know i can fit them.... & i have to admit, they do look cool.
as far as the elctromag in the bulb effecting a compass, i don't have the greatest compass to compare with but from a foot away, it diden't even move when i kicked it on. i think the housing of the bulb and the metal reflector inhibit most of the EM radiation. maybe if it were right next to the lamp, but then even the giant steel reflector and internal electronics would cause some interference. this lamp does not how ever cause any EM issues with radios and the such, tested it with a Ham set i had lay'n around. doesn't even have a slight whine to it like the stanley. its as quiet as a mouse.... until you go flipping the flood switch, then u can hear the "clack" of the bulb and thats it.

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok, the wind was mild tonight so the cam would stay steady.... here's the cloud bounce!!!

IMG_2547.jpg

Cloud Ceiling here in Wausau WI when this was taken was 2600 Ft. so not bad in my opinion. :)

Last edited:

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congratulations - This is always the funnest part!

hehehehehe yeah :D
that and when someone shines you with their 4D mag or colman lantern and you shine 'em back .....whilst giving them a tan..... and lighting up everything around them in an aura of beautiful HID rendered color. (at which point a plafura of profanity and an "i'm sorry!" follows with them turning theirs off.)

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok, so.... i'm not sure this is the place to ask, so moders, if i'm wrong, i apologize... but i was wondering what you guys think....
as you read, i'm going to be building and selling these lights, i'm putting a $175 price tag for the average people (friends and CPFrs $150).... seem a fair price tag?

get-lit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just base it on your cost and add for what your time is worth to you to make and distribute them. Should also add some for advertising with CPF.

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, the 14Ah Lipo packs showed up today (THANKS Lips!!!) :D and i've already got one fitted and charging. its looking like the stock charging system can handle the higher voltage of batt and charger, the plugs fit like new, and hopefully, when i've gotten any lil kinks worked out, people will be able to run the light off the batt, charge it thru the AC port, OR Run the light w/o charging the lipo thru the Auto Charge port (which will be remade/named to fit its use while cutting off the lipo circuit) and keep the light useable when the batt dies, since an automotive electrical system won't properly charge the lipo pack.
i'll be doing a runtime test as soon as its charged :)

(2 Hr runtime with new lipo, a lil less then i'd hoped, but a major upgrade considering the weight difference!)

Last edited: