OK, I've Finally Done It.

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, a fist full of more kits arrived today, so i did a few more Mods,..... and ofcorse wanted to do beam shots of them, so i took them out back on the driveway, set them side by side, and proceeded to fire them up....
i diden't realize my driveway was that far off level!
saw the result and thought i'd share them...
hope you all like the pix :)

the 4 Hand-Sun HIDs next to eachother.....

IMG_2633.jpg

the 4 Hand-Suns a lil brighter and no flash....

IMG_2634.jpg

the 4 Hand-Suns a lil further back.....

IMG_2625.jpg

4 Hand-Suns, slightly up above..... (again, i diden't realize how outa lvl my driveway was!)

IMG_2629.jpg

4 Hand-Suns even farther up....

IMG_2628.jpg

4 Hand-Suns convergence front.....

IMG_2627.jpg

4 Hand-Suns convergence Dead In-Between....

IMG_2635.jpg

Just thought ya'll may enjoy these. :)
Happy Flashing!
-Chuck

toysareforboys

Enlightened
i know you can put a 35w bulb with a 55w ballast, IDK about overdriving the ballast by much tho.
I have some 100watt ballasts (draw 8.5amps @ 12v) with ceramic based large diameter HID bulbs (I believe they come in bi-xenon too). If you're interested send me a PM and I'll hook you up with the supplier. Small/slim ballast just slightly bigger than the slim 55watt ones due to heatsink finning.

-Jamie M.

Smood

Newly Enlightened
Fritz nice work man. How long did this mod take you to do? Would you consider writing a small guide with some details of how to do it?

Thanks!

Norm

Retired Administrator
All images in this thread are oversize, when you post an image please remember Rule #3
Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Thanks Norm

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, SLA 7aH runtime was only 40 mins. I'm going to upgrade all 75w models to a 9aH SLA if people don't want to spend the $ on the lipo upgrade. Will pick up a 9aH tomorrow and do another runtime test.

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
My guess is that since they are different chemistries and probably discharge differently, even if their nom. voltages are the same. Can you compare their stored energy, might give better estimate of runtime.

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Everyone!
Sorry i haven't been on updating lately, its been a very hectic couple of months! I've relocated to East Central Florida and am now looking for suitable locations for beam shots in my area! i have the Maxabeam and 75w Handsun ready to cross beams with the 55w original Handsun & Stanley's 109...as well as a new Canon Rebel t3i DSLR added to the arsenal.
Have made some great improvements in the Handsun design, including amphenol connectors and even looking into a marine grade model (with all the access to better supplies in the area, the potential is endless!)
i still have 8 55w's for sale and will have 2 75w versions in the very near future.
if anyone in the area is looking for a get together/shoot out, by all means message me here and i'm sure we can find some time to throw out some beam time! :anyone:

Walterk

Enlightened
Congratulations!! The beamshots I mean :twothumbs
I will start looking for an oppurtunity as well....! Now if the city would have a power-outage...

Last edited:

Latest posts