Olight M20 Warrior Review - Premium R2 - RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS & DETAILED COMPARISONS

dblagent

Newly Enlightened
Re: Olight M20 Warrior Review - Premium R2 - RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS & DETAILED COMPARISO

Man, I am just this close to ordering one if these and I really do not even have the money! :D The high quality holster is a really nice and appreciated touch, I do not like getting a .39 cent holster with a $50-$100 light so great job to Olight! Also the listening to the customers with the power issue is nice too, my only wish left is for a sleeve to cover the threads when the tac ring is removed.

I hope they come available to people that already own one just in case I cannot resist and end up ordering one!

kwackster

Newly Enlightened
Re: Olight M20 Warrior Review - Premium R2 - RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS & DETAILED COMPARISO

What are actually the advantages of choosing the M20 Warrior Premium Edition over the standard M20 Warrior version ?

kwackster

Newly Enlightened

What is actually the big advantage of buying the R2 Premium version over the standard Q5 version ?
Numberswise they seem quite comparable,

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Premium R2 version is slightly brighter; that's the only difference but for a lot of flashlight enthusiasts that's easily worth the price premium.

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast

Also the tint should be different. Premium version should have WH tint which is warmer.

Timdog68

Newly Enlightened

promo quote and reply removed

Last edited by a moderator:

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast

"In stock" promo removed

Last edited by a moderator:

n1ch0

Newly Enlightened

extra clear plastic tailcap boot cover.

Want to add that the spare clear plastic tailcap actually glows in the dark - it glows a soft Blue instead of bright green..

Nicholas

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast

You guys have convinced me - Order put through to Battery Junction earlier today for M20 Premium. Bloody CPF gonna cost me lots of money!

MiniLux

Newly Enlightened

Hi selfbuilt,

just saw the review of the M20 on light-reviews.com:

http://www.light-reviews.com/olight_m20/

I'm very astonished about the differences to your review:
* lux measuring at different bat types show much more variation between 18650 and (R)CR123
* runtime at high are about the same, those on med show notable differences (e.g. AW 16340 750mAh: 4:43/3:22 ... a whole hour!)

But what really bothers me are the runtimes on low:
while you get about 84 hours on AW 16340 750mAh, light-reviews claims just a mere 27 hours runtime, not even talking about those on 18650/CR123 which seem completely illogical to me :crazy:

I know that everyone's mileage may vary, but my impression is that in this case the differences are really way off :ohgeez:

Do you - or anybody else - have an idea where these differences may come from?

MiniLux

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast

Based on what I see, the light-reviews review contains the questionable data.

MiniLux

Newly Enlightened

Based on what I see, the light-reviews review contains the questionable data.

I would guess that too, but I don't consider me to be 'enlightened' enough to explain the differences in a normal way :eek:

MiniLux

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm very astonished about the differences to your review:
* lux measuring at different bat types show much more variation between 18650 and (R)CR123
* runtime at high are about the same, those on med show notable differences (e.g. AW 16340 750mAh: 4:43/3:22 ... a whole hour!)

I was also surprised by such a big differences. Maybe mev had some faulty one :thinking:

You can find some other runtime graphs here https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/206834&page=2

Splunk_Au

Enlightened

In the other runtime graph by Tohuwabohu, for medium level with rcr123 why does it indicate (233) on the graph when the the red line clearly ends past the 240 mark?

MiniLux

Newly Enlightened

In the other runtime graph by Tohuwabohu, for medium level with rcr123 why does it indicate (233) on the graph when the the red line clearly ends past the 240 mark?

As Tohuwabohu writes, these values aren't runtimes:
"The values in brackets are the total light output with one set of batteries"

MiniLux

selfbuilt

Flashaholic

I'm very astonished about the differences to your review
The main issue is n=1 experiments - individual lights can certainly vary (sometimes greatly). Another variable is batteries - I've had to retire a number of my AW RCRs due to loss of capacity over time.

There are also methodological differences, as I do my runtimes in a lightbox for overal output estimates, and under a cooling fan. As for relative outputs and runtimes, my med-hi values certainly seem consistent with Tohuwabohu.

As for the low modes, part of the issue may be the relative output between samples. For centre throw lux on RCR, I get 11400, 4420, 285 lux (Hi-Med-Lo). Even taking into account lightmeter differences, it sounds like my low mode is lower than Mev's (13010, 4910, 743 lux reported).

Haven't done 18650 or 2xCR123A yet, but it's difficult for me to tie up the lightbox that long - other lights to review ... :whistle:

selfbuilt

Flashaholic

Want to add that the spare clear plastic tailcap actually glows in the dark - it glows a soft Blue instead of bright green..
Confirmed, the included clear boot cap is indeed GITD, and glows teal-blue colour.

Note that mine has the same profile as the installed black cap, so the light still can't tailstand.

DH 07

Newly Enlightened

Hello all,

Just wanted to introduce myself and also ask a question.

I'm a serial lurker (read: first post!) and have been reading this forum on and off for a few years now. BTW - CPF is fantastic. The level of technical knowledge here far exceeds that of many other forums (of all types), which shall remain nameless.

Although my light addiction is mild relative to most on the forum, my wife certainly doesn't think so! I currently have a Surefire C2 (with a M60 coming!), an A2, a Novatac 120P (my second one as I lost my first) and my latest light, the M20.

Overall, I have to say that the M20 is a great light and really packs a whole hell of a lot into a very reasonably sized package. The fit and finish are really high-end and the beam, although a bit ringy, is very nice. But mostly, it is a beast of a light in turbo mode!

Now for the question (I don't mod or tinker much with my lights, but I am mechanically competent (rebuilt a Jeep, etc)). How does one replace the tail cap switch cover? It appears that I would disassemble the switch from the "inside" of the light (by using a tool that inserts into the two circular indentations). Is that correct? Is there a better way to replace the cover?

Silly question, so I appreciate your patience.

Thanks!
Dan

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Dan - yes just use some C clip removal pliers in the little indents/holes and unscrew anticlockwise - then switch mec will drop out - then push rubber button in with your finger. ;)

DH 07

Newly Enlightened

Ah, Perfect!

Thanks Glenn!