Options for budget pure self-defense strobe flashlight, almost no other priority, at least 2000 lumen.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I said this once before and you got pissed but I'm going to say it again.

Absolutely nothing in this thread matters. Get yourself the brightest and heaviest damned flashlight you are able to carry on your person and use it if you need it.

That is the ONLY thing that is going to make YOU feel better.

You got our opinions and YOU didn't like them so why keep on with it?

Do what makes YOU comfortable and gives you that sense of security. Feeling secure in your environment is huge! If you walk around feeling and looking secure in yourself a scumbag is less likely to attack you.

Do you man, whatever makes you feel better do it!

Screw me and everybody else on here. You make the decision for you and what makes you happy and what makes you feel safe. If it works for you 1 out of 100000 times then it's still worth it!! That one time could have been the one time that saves your life.

Nothing else matters but your safety and we can all disagree on the subject a million times and it won't matter. You get grabbed from behind by a mugger you find a way to sling that light around and blind them. More power to you man.

I wish you nothing but the best and hope you get the perfect set up for you.

As for recommendations from anyone on this forum there probably won't be any good ones. It's just like picking out a knife or a gun for someone else. 99.9% of the time they could have picked something better to suit their needs.

James9000

Newly Enlightened
The only "strobe light" that may work is an LED incapacitator. This type of lights is not only flickering in some way. It is also showing colored patterns....

All other strobe lights are toys and will not really work...

I wonder how many lumens is that, it looks quite old, be funny if it was only 700Lor something.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder how many lumens is that, it looks quite old, be funny if it was only 700Lor something.
I was seeing years ago something about this type of lights in the TV. They were explaining it is not only the light flashing, it is additionally the different colors and patters that may outsmart the braun. They also explained it is not working for everyone, only most.

LED User

Newly Enlightened
To the OP
A few months ago I posted about this same subject.
Based upon my research, I bought a Nitecore MH12 Pro.
Look into it. Rated at 3300 lumens its extremely bright, and can be carried in a pocket. Its size is a little bigger than an 18650 light.

I'm not sure but it may be bright enough to cause more than temporary blindness. It will definitely cause someone to see a bright white dot for some period of time at close distance.
As for Libel?
It meets your criteria so I decided to post.

My intent is to possibly use it in doing church security work indoors.
I intend its use to be a continuous beam, not strobe at this point.
Quickly put into use with one hand.

Last edited:

StillHere

Newly Enlightened
To the OP
A few months ago I posted about this same subject.
Based upon my research, I bought a Nitecore MH12 Pro.
Look into it. Rated at 3300 lumens its extremely bright, and can be carried in a pocket. Its size is a little bigger than an 18650 light.

I'm not sure but it may be bright enough to cause more than temporary blindness. It will definitely cause someone to see a bright white dot for some period of time at close distance.
As for Libel?
It meets your criteria so I decided to post.

My intent is to possibly use it in doing church security work indoors.
I intend its use to be a continuous beam, not strobe at this point.
Quickly put into use with one hand.
I'm not the OP just to make sure everyone knows, lol, Anyway, I wanted to say that the Nitecore looks to be a nice piece of kit. I bought the Olight Warrior 3s for similar purposes, but am always on the lookout for others just because I like them. Having just read the specs of the Nitecore, I was thinking if only I could convince one of the manufacturers to make a light that combines the best features from both, that would be cool. Although the Nitecore definitely does have some features I believe would be really great to have, it's not enough to justify buying another light relative to what I already have. If a child of these two is ever made with the best features of both I will certainly buy one.

Cheers, Rob
PS: If Olight or Nitecore reps read this, I would be happy to help with the specification feature concepts for a new torch/flashlight. Wishful thinking I know, but designing/improving things is what I like to do.

StillHere

Newly Enlightened
StillHere, please list the features you're talking about.
I'd like to know.
Hi, sure. Well there may be more because I only had a quick read, but some things are as follows:

Nitecore, I like: the higher lumens / the concept of varying the strobe sequence so as to confuse more / the tail switch protruding a bit more, seemingly a longer battery life for the lowest setting but that's only a minor thing,

Olight: I like: the magnetic charger (do not like a usb port) / the ability to choose a couple of different function versions for how the tail switch activates regarding turbo and strobe... both being activated from the tail switch depending on press travel is how I have it. This might be able to be done on the Nitecore but the marketing wasn't clear (for me) on this.

Both: They both seem to be of a suitable good build quality and design. The light setting control inputs seem similar. I think they can both use different batteries, but if not they should. Without getting into looking at the specifics I couldn't say much more about the similarities.

Lastly, the Nitecore mentions a lot about a long "throw", but I'm of the opinion that for the purposes and circumstances I envision that one may need to use such a light for things that happen other than general walking around, it would be a distance of ten meters or less (see how I choose my words carefully, no violent talk going on here). A long throw with a tight beam probably won't be a good feature because one wants to get the main spot on target, so to speak, very quickly and cover enough area that evasion is difficult. So candela is important imo when considering what one may need to use the instrument for. I haven't yet seen what the candela is for the Nitecore, but I think the Olight is about 24,000 or something like that, could be wrong. Regardless, the desired result is to have a wide enough spot beam but not a flood light. The Olight is very good at this point with the spot being about 1m across at about 3 meters. . I suspect the candela could be tightened up a tiny bit and it might still be as good and have a longer throw for general use, but it's pretty good at whatever it is now for the above mentioned proposed use. That's all I can remember right now without really getting into researching both. Hope this helps.

I just want to mention for the forum that I've tried to be careful with my words regarding this subject. I had to say some envisioned usage so as to explain why I like some specs, but otherwise hopefully it isn't of a violent nature,

Cheers,
Rob