• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-S2-XML-U2 / NICHIA 92CRI (part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
nailbender-

Is it okay to wrap the drop-in really tight with aluminum foil (not the copper tape), or should it be loosley wrapped?

-al

Hi

I have never used aluminum foil so I am not a good source, I have always used the copper tape because it is so much neater and easier to use. I would think tightly wrapped would do better so it did not migrate around the bottom of the brass pill possibly causing a short. Keep what ever up on the reflector if possible. ALso remember the drop in should just be snug in the host so that it can easily be taken out. I have heard of some having to beat them out from the battery tube side, that is WAY too tight. i in my mind would think the tight would migrate heat better than loose.

Usually there is enough included tape for even a L2P, someone did not like the tape becuase of the adhesive left behind but I am not sure once in place why one would want to remove. Some alcohol and and a cottom ball will remove any adhesive if this is a worry.

Foil is fine just don't let it wrap the bottom

Hope that helped.

Dave

Bigpal

Enlightened
...If you want to run two rechargeable lithium ion batteries then you'll need to get a higher voltage driver which Dave can do. But keep in mind you'll have a short run time of about 15 minutes when using two lithium ion RCR123 batteries (only 750mAh) at 2.8A and this high current will wear out your RCR123 cells more quickly as well...

If you really want to use 2 x RCR123's, Tenergy has 3 volts. They are 900mah, so you'd get slightly better runtime than with primaries, but still not incredibly long.

Nick_S

Newly Enlightened
Hi Dave,

I'd like...
Nichia 219 High CRI
2.8-6v 1.4 amp driver
3 modes Low-Med-High with memory
lop reflector
potted
copper tape

Host: Surefire 6p bored for a single 18650 li-ion cell.

Total cost inc int'l postage $45

Cheers

Nick

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi

ALL weekend orders have shipped. If you did not receive a shipping notice please check your spam folder as they were shipped.

Dave

LumaNaughty

Newly Enlightened
Re: P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-S2-XML-U2 / P60 modules (part

Cree XM-L
- U2 flux bin 1C 6500k+ Cool White
- 2.8-6 volts 2.8 amps
- 3 level Low / Med / High Regulated with memory
- Potting with copper tape
- OP reflector
Total $45

PayPal - Unique Transaction ID # 4FF09967Y1002903U

Bigpal

Enlightened
Re: P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-S2-XML-U2 / P60 modules (part

Dave,
I received the Nichia high CRI drop in today. It's very nice and I appreciate the super fast service and help. I'll be sure to add to the Cheers thread at the MP.

If you are considering one of these drop ins, you will not be disappointed with the quality. Thanks again

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cree XM-L
- U2 flux bin 1C 6500k+ Cool White
- 2.8-6 volts 2.8 amps
- 3 level Low / Med / High Regulated with memory
- Potting with copper tape
- OP reflector
Total $45

PayPal - Unique Transaction ID # 4FF09967Y1002903U

Hi

Yours shipped

Have a good 4th

Dave

LumaNaughty

Newly Enlightened

Hi

Yours shipped

Have a good 4th

Dave

You too! Thanks for shipping it so quick!

Does the output change based on the voltage? I am thinking about running it off of one li-ion.

I haven't seen any reviews on your drop in. I would love to see a Selfbuilt review on them! People speaks highly of your drop ins and I can't wait to put it into my Surefire 6p. I finally decided to move to drop ins and custom lights after a couple years of using factory Chinese lights.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

You too! Thanks for shipping it so quick!

Does the output change based on the voltage? I am thinking about running it off of one li-ion.

I haven't seen any reviews on your drop in. I would love to see a Selfbuilt review on them! People speaks highly of your drop ins and I can't wait to put it into my Surefire 6p. I finally decided to move to drop ins and custom lights after a couple years of using factory Chinese lights.

Hi

No, these are regulated so voltage makes no difference as long as you stay with in the voltage limit on the module ordered. You will get as good of performance on a single 18650 as with 2XCR123 primaries.

Modules are good since you can change tints and colors if needed but just remember all Asian lights are not built the same some are quite good. Check my sig line at the bottom of the thread and you can see some good ones. Many hosts are made in Asia it just depends on vendor and what they ordered from the manufacture. Solarforce is made in Hong Kong but is a good host for drop ins so it just depends.

Thanks

Dave

TheCleanerSD

Newly Enlightened

PP Sent (ID # 0UW46791UE044542U)

NICHIA 219 92CRI
1 Level 2.8-6V 1.4A
OP reflector
Potted with tape

Yogi1Kanobee

Newly Enlightened
I'm using the module that I recently recieved, many thanks, but it seems to be acting oddly. What does it mean when it flashes 3 quick flashes, 3 slow flashes and 3 quick flashes, like SOS?

Hi Dave,

I would like to order another -

IR platinum dragon p60 dropin required. to be used in solarforce l2p host, using protected rechargeable 18650.
850nm,
even flood required at as close to 10m spread at 50m as possible please.
3 mode
Potted

module $45
int ship $5
potting $5
total $55

Payment via paypal to your new address in your profile
Transaction ID: 4DB57683LV446703U

Thank you

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm using the module that I recently recieved, many thanks, but it seems to be acting oddly. What does it mean when it flashes 3 quick flashes, 3 slow flashes and 3 quick flashes, like SOS?

Hi

Is there also a strobe, did you get a 5 level by mistake. If there is 3 level SOS and a fast strobe then I made a mistake. If it is a constant slow strobe then it is a low battery warning. Let me know and we will get it solved, if it is the wrong levels I will have to replace the module.

Dave

morelightnow

Enlightened

Dave, or anyone else,

Would it be possible to post some pictures of the Linger Special? Just wondering what the reflector and LED's look like when there are two of them.

What are the benefits (or drawbacks) of using 2 LED's? Does it double the output, change the beam pattern, fill in issues with a beam from a single LED, etc? I've never used on so fill me in.

Thanks.

Here is what it looks like.

DSC_0515.jpg

Yogi1Kanobee

Newly Enlightened
Hi

Is there also a strobe, did you get a 5 level by mistake. If there is 3 level SOS and a fast strobe then I made a mistake. If it is a constant slow strobe then it is a low battery warning. Let me know and we will get it solved, if it is the wrong levels I will have to replace the module.

Dave

It says level 3 on the dropin and the tube it came in. I don't see any "strobe" just a repeating sos pattern. I suspected that it was the battery, even though the charger indicates that it is fully charged. I've ordered another, different battery and charger in any case.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
It says level 3 on the dropin and the tube it came in. I don't see any "strobe" just a repeating sos pattern. I suspected that it was the battery, even though the charger indicates that it is fully charged. I've ordered another, different battery and charger in any case.

Hi

While it states 3 levels I do occasionally make a mistake but if you only have one level and it is blinking then it will be a low battery warning. If I had the wrong driver in it there would be 3 levels plus SOS and fast strobe. A single level blinking is low voltage, make sure you have a pc of spring on it to get a good ground.

If you have a couple of primaries laying around you could use them to check the module.

Just let me know if I can help

Dave

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

how comparable is the red XP-E to the Platinum Dragon "Hyper Red?"

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

how comparable is the red XP-E to the Platinum Dragon "Hyper Red?"

Hi

The XPE is a narrower beam angle than the Hyper-red. The hyper red is a slightly deeper red but not by much as the XPE is 620nm and the hyper red is 625nm. As I said the XPE will have a narrower beam angle and the lumens will be close to the same between the two

Dave

leadsled9

Newly Enlightened

Dave, more please. Please send me two more described below. The total is $90.

PayPal id: 6K3118852W3485157

LED = XML U2 flux bin 1C 6500k+ Cool White
driver = 2.8-6 volt regulated; 5 mode (High, Med, Low, SOS, Strobe) with memory; 2.8 amps max.
reflector = Smooth
Additional $5 for potting and tape
Total $40 + $5 = $45 X 2 = $90.00
Will be run in bored Surefire C2's with 1X18650 or 2XCR123A primaries

Status
Not open for further replies.