• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-XML-U3 / NICHIA 92CRI PART 11

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just placed my order. Dave you don't offer the 1.4 amp drop in's anymore? I used to have one of those in a slick little Oveready host, what a kick *** edc that light was! Anyway, can't wait. Now I gotta go order a couple 16650's. ;)

HI

1.4 amp welll it depends on what you order, we never have used those amps on the emitter yo chose. The XPL is a XML2 mounted on a XP footprint so they are powered at 3 amps.

You order a XPE or a XPG2 and they will be powered at 1.5 amps as usual. 1.4 amp modules where when the top amperage was 2.8 but now they are made at 3 amps thus the 1.5 amps.

Dave

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see. Yes my old one was an XP-G2 so that's probably why I didn't see the option. Been a while since I was into lights so I have forgotten a bunch of info. Anyway, good to know. I may build out another 18350 edc with one of your drop in's in the future. Thanks again Dave!

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see. Yes my old one was an XP-G2 so that's probably why I didn't see the option. Been a while since I was into lights so I have forgotten a bunch of info. Anyway, good to know. I may build out another 18350 edc with one of your drop in's in the future. Thanks again Dave!

Hi

A L2M makes that 18350 easy :)

I have PT in the morning so it will probably be Friday AM for shipping

Dave

Dizos

Newly Enlightened
Hello - some questions:
1. Why do multimode modules set medium at 30% and not 50%?
2. Does this percentage have linear impact on lumens and battery life? For exaple, how may approx lumens and battery life for dedomed warm tint Xpl at 30%?
3. Managing for heat, would one get better throw with 30% dedomed xpl versus 100% xpg2? This is for aluminum bezel nitrolon body hosts.
4. Do increases in led efficiency in the last few years result in the ability to have a significantly improved lumens/heat/battery life compromise for those who want to run a light for long periods at manageable temps?
Thank you!

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello - some questions:
1. Why do multimode modules set medium at 30% and not 50%?
Because that is what most want or did and they are coded at the factory, sort like why is the moon white :) not sure
2. Does this percentage have linear impact on lumens and battery life? For exaple, how may approx lumens and battery life for dedomed warm tint Xpl at 30%
Well if you take 100% of the lumens or battery life and turn it down to 30% you will get 70% less lumens and 70% more runtime no matter what emitter you are running more or less.
3. Managing for heat, would one get better throw with 30% dedomed xpl versus 100% xpg2? This is for aluminum bezel nitrolon body hosts.
Don't know, never checked that but as for heat, XPL-HI 10 watts XPG2 5 watts 30% is 30% wattage is heat. If going by math the XPL-HI at 30% would be 3 watts while a XPG2 at 100% is 5 watts. Not sure as I said on throw.
4. Do increases in led efficiency in the last few years result in the ability to have a significantly improved lumens/heat/battery life compromise for those who want to run a light for long periods at manageable temps?
Got to wrap your head around the electric part as I did, amperage is amperage, if it takes 1.5 amps to run a XPG and 1.5 amps to run a XPG2 runtimes will always be the same more or less, 1500ma divided into what ever the mah of the battery efficiency doesn't much matter to a great extent. better efficiency really means more lumens for the same amperage and many times a bit better VF.

Thank you!

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave,

One question: what is the output in lumens on "high" mode of triple emitter P60 XP-G2 and XP-E2 Cool white?
http://www.customlites.com/Solid-Copper-triple-emitter-P60_c30.htm

HI

Sorry I have never measured them, depends greatly on tint chosen as hundreds of lumens difference from WW to CW. We run stock at 3 amps unless asked for difference so 1 amp an emitter probably around 1100 or so from a coolwhite if you figure well over 400 lumens when ran at full strength per emitter and then allow for amperage difference should be close. XPG3 are even brighter but they need more amperage to run full out.

Dave

Dave

msim

Enlightened
HI

Sorry I have never measured them, depends greatly on tint chosen as hundreds of lumens difference from WW to CW. We run stock at 3 amps unless asked for difference so 1 amp an emitter probably around 1100 or so from a coolwhite if you figure well over 400 lumens when ran at full strength per emitter and then allow for amperage difference should be close. XPG3 are even brighter but they need more amperage to run full out.

Dave

Do you think you'll start offering XPG3 drop ins soon? Curious about the new emitter, so will likely pick one up!

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you think you'll start offering XPG3 drop ins soon? Curious about the new emitter, so will likely pick one up!

HI

I have a few 2B and 3A but I have not put on website yet, 2B is about 6000k a good tint. They will be $5 more than the XPG2 which would be $40, They will be pushed at about 2.1 amps.
I can probably add it to the site this weekend or you can use the paypal addy in my bio and use the $40 figure if so make sure and list levels and reflector choice. Levels would be 1/2 low, high/3/5 with strobe

DAN92

Enlightened
HI

I have a few 2B and 3A but I have not put on website yet, 2B is about 6000k a good tint. They will be $5 more than the XPG2 which would be $40, They will be pushed at about 2.1 amps.
I can probably add it to the site this weekend or you can use the paypal addy in my bio and use the $40 figure if so make sure and list levels and reflector choice. Levels would be 1/2 low, high/3/5 with strobe
interesting info'.:)

A10K

Newly Enlightened
On a similar note, do you expect to have XP-G3 modules in HI-CRI tints available anytime soon? They are available from 3000k to 5000k in up to R3 bins. I'm mildly excited for good-throwing Hi CRI emitters. Do you have an idea how they compare to the Nichia 219Bs?

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
On a similar note, do you expect to have XP-G3 modules in HI-CRI tints available anytime soon? They are available from 3000k to 5000k in up to R3 bins. I'm mildly excited for good-throwing Hi CRI emitters. Do you have an idea how they compare to the Nichia 219Bs?

HI

Sorry they are way too new to know how they perform against other emitters but Nichia's are not the brightest in the bunch. As for high CRI they will be included in time, I have a few XPG2's to use before I go into wholesale buying of XPG3's.

Dave

DAN92

Enlightened
Dave,

My order:

- New XPG-3 P60 Led module
- Tint 2B (6000K) - Cool White
- One Level (High)
- Smooth reflector

Paypal sent today

Thank you.;)