• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Peak Eiger Questions

Costetl

Newly Enlightened
Are your peak lights QTC or non- qtc?? ...I am very interested! I have one of each, and cannot decide for my next one.

I like having the option to not always have to run full blast with my QTC light, esp at night when I'm using it around the house and don't wanta wake everyone up. It's also nice to turn it down when I'm looking at something close. I can't decide... What do you guys prefer and what are your thoughts.

| Sent from my iPhone 4S |

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sonny, Your light should draw no current unless you can see the LED illuminated (check it in the dark), and the rattle is normal. The battery needs just the lightest snug down to remain against the QTC pill and not rattle.

SonnyJim

Newly Enlightened
Jabe1, thanks for your reply!
Costetl, my Eiger is a new QTC (I assume, since I just got it), and I think it's just about right. The head is a tad stiff, even after lube, but I appreciate the security of it, it may still wear in. I tried different o-rings, and it came on too easily with the o-rings I had. On such a small battery (10280) the QTC is almost essential (for me), and the amount of twist from low to high is just about perfect, It's almost like having a 2 stage light, but if I need to get precise, I can.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dear "dad," Consider yourself lucky that you couldn't figure out how to buy from Oveready. My problem is stopping.

I have a small mule Nichia 219 on a 10180 body with QTC. I don't need high in real life and the run time is reasonable. The QTC works fine - just don't expect that can dial in an exact level or exactly reproduce a specific level. But you can get it very, very low. And you can have a momentary bright by holding it in your palm and pressing down on the head - the compression gets you to bright. I really like this light.

image.jpg

Costetl

Newly Enlightened
Who will be ordering a momentary switch for their Peak light? The new QTC ones will be out soon I have heard

VeloWeave

Newly Enlightened
I've found that you really have to press down on the momentary switch to get the highest output. I can't really sustain that level of pressure comfortably for too long. Is this what others have found too?

Costetl

Newly Enlightened
I've found that you really have to press down on the momentary switch to get the highest output. I can't really sustain that level of pressure comfortably for too long. Is this what others have found too?

It's a "momentary switch". It's not meant to be used to get full blast for a long period of time. If u want high long, twist the head. It also depends on the body. If its non QTC, it's just on or off. I recommend picking up a new QTC switch. If you are interested in one of the new ones, please PM me

VeloWeave

Newly Enlightened
It's a "momentary switch". It's not meant to be used to get full blast for a long period of time. If u want high long, twist the head. It also depends on the body. If its non QTC, it's just on or off. I recommend picking up a new QTC switch. If you are interested in one of the new ones, please PM me

My momentary switch does ramp up from dim to bright so does that mean that I have one of the new ones?

VeloWeave

Newly Enlightened
How do I properly remove the o-ring from my peak eiger w/momentary? I want to install a prometheus clip to it and instructions say to remove o-ring before installing then replace the o-ring after installing.

The o-ring is on there pretty good, do I need to use a pair of tweezers to wiggle it off?

Last edited:

horgerg

Newly Enlightened
How do I properly remove the o-ring from my peak eiger w/momentary? I want to install a prometheus clip to it and instructions say to remove o-ring before installing then replace the o-ring after installing.

The o-ring is on there pretty good, do I need to use a pair of tweezers to wiggle it off?

I managed to do that without any tools. Be careful though, that o-ring is quite thin...

VeloWeave

Newly Enlightened
I use a toothpick.

Great! I just did it with my fingers. Got it installed and it works great. The clip seems to be just tight enough but not too tight. If it loosens up any I might have to take it off and put it on upside down and bend it a little and then re-install it but for now it's great. I'm running it clipped to my belt loop for now. Will either go there or clipped in my front pocket.

Hey anybody know if I should re-lube the threads with anything. I noticed they were ever so slightly lubed but I think I've rubbed off most of it while taking off the o-ring. If so what kind of lube do you use for this type of application? Can I use my Mil-Comm TW25 that came with my Sig Sauer?

el_duderino04

Newly Enlightened
I normally use Nyo-gel for my flashlight o-rings. I'm not too familiar with Mil-Comm, but you should be OK so long as you use something that won't affect plastic/rubber. For the purposes of waterproofing, though, I would probably tend more towards a grease rather than a standard firearms lube (i.e., I often use Hoppes grease on my guns. If I had to I might use this on O-rings after researching whether it would negatively effect the rubber rings).

Hope that makes sense!