• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Peak LED Solutions Q&A - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DallasA

Enlightened
Re: Peak LED Solutions Website!??

Good Evening Everyone:

First I would like to thank all of you for your long time patience in relation to current and future products from Peak LED Solutions.

Below you will find a link to a Press Release to explain one of the many things I have been working on, and why you do not see different products on our site anymore.

I ASK THAT WE DO NOT GO FURTHER THEN THE PRESS RELEASE! I know you are all inelegant to understand my request.

I do apologize but there are something's I am not at liberty to discuss at certain points, and something's I am not at liberty to discuss period.

I will make this one comment only. I like to thank everyone involved for their assistance and this is good thing in everyway.

As for the future items from Peak LED Solutions as soon as I know you will know. Sorry but every time it looks one way there is that one more thing that has finally drove me from going crazy to saying just another day. ( Smile ) I will keep pushing as always though.

As to the other projects I am working on. I will let you guys know as soon as I am at liberty and able to discuss them.

Please let us keep this part of the history books of Peak LED Solutions in the history and move into the future. ( Smile )

Have a Great Night as always!

MJ
Peak LED Solutions Press Release

scott

Enlightened

What does this mean? Is Peak out of business?

Scott

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow. (I sure hope that M*g is not behind this!)

I do not think that Peak is out of business - just that they have hit a "significant" bump in the road.

Hang in there MJ!

nexro

Enlightened

I am sure Peak will have newer better lights soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Am still waiting for news on my lights I ordered though.

meeshu

Enlightened
Top Secret! So secret even I don't know where I am

I have some Peak lights on order also. We'll see what happens (soon).

I don't think Peak is going out of business. At least not yet! My understanding is that there are some other light models due for release in the near future.

Niteowl

Enlightened

Wow is right!

I too, am waiting on an order. I am more concerned about the continuation of Peak's business. Having spoken with some of the people behind Peak in the past, I have faith they will survive. We will have to sit tight and see what developes.........Man, it's tough to keep quite regarding the litigation news, but I respect MJ's request.

Mark

03lab

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
"... our litigation with a long time manufacturer of multiple LED Flashlights."

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, maybe Inova? Who else is a long time manufacturer of multiple LED lights? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

PAtwood

Newly Enlightened

You know what? I'm really getting sick of this crap. As soon as we find out who is behind this I say boycott their products. I am totally sick of the stupid lawsuits in the flashlight biz. I really like the Peak products and I'm lucky enough to have just gotten a AAA ultra power which is a fantastic little light. It saddens me that these will no longer be available and I sincerely hope Peak can overcome this.

imfrogman

Newly Enlightened

Well, I am certainly glad that I got my 7led McKenley brass when I did. I wanted to get one in stainless with red or blue leds also, but just kept putting it off 'cause I really didn't need it, just wanted it. Now I want it that much more. This is really a bummer as they were great little lights.

Zigzago

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
DallasA said:
I will make this one comment only. I like to thank everyone involved for their assistance and this is good thing in everyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing that their upcoming Luxeon models (rumored to have variable output) will make the multi-LED models obsolete (or at least not worth the legal hassles).

newo

Newly Enlightened

The question is whether the inability to sell a majority of their other products is going to impair Peak's cash flow to the point where they simply are unable to bring new products to market in sufficient quantities to actually stay in business.

Insufficient capital combined with insufficient short-term cash flow has sunk a lot of small businesses that had good ideas / good products. Unfortunately, engineering a good product is really not enough to keep a business afloat. If it were, the majority of production companies would be run by engineers . . . .

DallasA

Enlightened

Good Morning Guys:

On behalf of Peak LED Solutions thank you for your kind words and support.

As for the future of Peak LED Solutions. Peak will live on to continue to make great quality products that you guys have come to known.

I ask that you guys give our staff and I sometime to do what we do best.

To tell you the truth I am very happy with the out come for many reasons the main being now it is time to focus even harder on the future lines.

I will say this though the other party involved I respect very highly and thank them very much for their assistance, because if it was not for their assistance in communicating with me this would have gotten ugly real quick, and none of this would be today. As to the future I will be the first to step to bat to support both companies in any situation.

You know the saying Rome was not built in a day, well I will share a history story with you.

Peak LED Solutions was not built in a day, however all the lines that were built were built in 62 days. So I have great faith in the members of Peak LED Solutions to be able to repeat history once again in a new way.

It is better to be wise and live for another day, then to be foolish and die.

Cheers to the future of Peak LED Solutions

MJ

PAtwood

Newly Enlightened
Re: Peak LED Solutions Q&A

Glad I got that AAA ultra power 3 LED when I did! It flat out rocks BTW. Looking forward to all your future lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thank you Peak for updating us. While I don't know the whole story I think it is too bad this 'other' company has chosen this path. If you look at similar situations with the high end knife makers you will see their are many companies in Asia making clones or exact copies (as close as possible) to brand name knives out of the U.S. They even have gone so far as to put the U.S. manufacturers names on their counterfeits. There are also many name brand flashlights being closely cloned - ones from Asia have come extremely close to some U.S. made lights. While I think what they are doing is seriously wrong it does not seem the U.S. makers can do anything about this. I don't see anything that Peak has which is really that close to anyone else nor are you claiming your light is like 'Brand xxx' or even comparing yours to any one else. And if they are really saying you can't produce a multiple LED light because it is similar to theirs that really seems like a stretch. It still looks to me like a case of the Big Biz trying to threaten out the competition before it gets in their way. But of course I don't know the whole story so it's only speculation and I DO understand that it could be much more of a problem to try fighting them in court over this. You have my full support and I look forward to future lights you will be offering. If I do find out who this other company is I will not buy their products and if it is a foreign company than that goes double. It feels very out of balance if foreign companies can counterfeit so much of the U.S. products (look at the huge amount of MS Windows software and operating systems being pirated and sold in Asia) and then come over here and threaten U.S. companies about some similarity to their stuff. Rant mode off - pressure reduced by 50% - but still looking for something crush /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

83Venture

Enlightened

I waited to long to get a Peak /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif. Hope for something in the future. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif Had no idea this kind of trouble was happening.

83Venture

Enlightened

I waited to long to get a Peak /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif. Hope for something in the future. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif Had no idea this kind of trouble was happening.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

MJ,
The four Peak multiLED lights (in three colors) made my life easier and I will miss them not being available. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif
On the other side of the coin, those "0.5 watt" LEDs could be used in place of the multiple LED heads at a price point lower than Luxeons.
Maybe a single 5mm LED, a medium "0.5 watt" LED and Luxeons on the top. Then there are those 60 lumen LEDs that will run on one AA battery to look into.
I am sure you are working on those, more buddies of mine could use your AAA and AA lights. Good luck and may your next rollout be smooth sailing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts