• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Peak LED Solutions Q&A - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleshlite

Banned
Re: Peak LED Solutions Q&A

What is the speculation on this other company?
1. LED Lensor
2. Inova
3. UK
????

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
BentHeadTX said:
MJ,
The four Peak multiLED lights (in three colors) made my life easier and I will miss them not being available. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif
On the other side of the coin, those "0.5 watt" LEDs could be used in place of the multiple LED heads at a price point lower than Luxeons.
Maybe a single 5mm LED, a medium "0.5 watt" LED and Luxeons on the top. Then there are those 60 lumen LEDs that will run on one AA battery to look into.
I am sure you are working on those, more buddies of mine could use your AAA and AA lights. Good luck and may your next rollout be smooth sailing.

[/ QUOTE ]

WORD.

I was just going to post that!I have got within a phone call
of getting a peak or 2. But I prefer single LED light's and
just going with what has been reveiwed, and/or posted on CPF
the single LED model's tended to be a little less bright then some.
I would strongly suggest to MJ and Peak to begin R&D on these new brighter non Luxeon LED's for the small keychain light's ASAP.
I truly like the company regardless of not owning any product (wish I had ordered that 3LED head/lug proto I was inch's from doing) I think with some fast thinking they could dispense via a killer 1LED "SMALL" KC light, with most of those "Anything as good as an ARC AAA out there?"
thread's we see almost every other day. VDG

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Peak LED Solutions Website!??

[ QUOTE ]
DallasA said:

.....Peak LED Solutions was not built in a day, however all the lines that were built were built in 62 days. So I have great faith in the members of Peak LED Solutions to be able to repeat history once again in a new way.....

MJ

[/ QUOTE ]

MJ:
Regarding the future - are you at liberty to say if you expect
to produce any more lights powered by a single AA battery?

PAtwood

Newly Enlightened

The single AA premium flashlight niche is a very strong one IMO. The fact that the lights are so small and use readily available batteries is a huge plus. It would be nice if they made sure future lights would be lithium compatible as well.

I hope they stay with single cell lights in the AAA, AA and CR123 battery niches. My preference would be .5w luxeons with AAA, 1w luxeons with AA and 3w luxeons with CR123. I wish they would completely ignore pairing 123s with 1w luxeons as I have never seen any that could compare with the 3w lights.

Greta

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
fleshlite said:
1. LED Lensor
2. Inova
3. UK
????

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh please... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif ... let's not go there, ok? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

fleshlite

Banned

[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
[ QUOTE ]
fleshlite said:
1. LED Lensor
2. Inova
3. UK
????

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh please... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif ... let's not go there, ok? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a forum for open discussion on lights and all that goes with them?? With all due respect,If there is criterial for the things that we cannot discuss within this contex I did not see it.
your turn
tks

Greta

Flashaholic

There is a place for innuendo, dirt, speculation & libel in the flashlight industry ... it's called the CPF Underground. These forums on CPF are NOT for this type of discussion anymore. Seems to me that everyone pretty much understands that. And don't bother to take a "your turn" responding to my post. 'Nuff said on the topic of speculation regarding an issue that is currently in litigation for Peak. Move on.

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast

Aside from the broad range of information and expertise on display, what I most value about CPF is the civility and courtesy displayed in the posts. This is a great forum and I hope that we always continue to address each other with courtesy and respect.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think the 'broad range of information' must include public records, right?

Grumpy

Enlightened

I have not purchased a light from Peak yet. But I plan on buying one when they get their new product. I hope to see a new product from them soon.

OddBall

Newly Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif

DallasA

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
OddBall said:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good Morning guys:

I will some updated information for you guys by next week friday. I just want to make a quick post that I am here and reading I am also very busy at work to get things moving.

As soon as I have everything together and a for sure. I will let you know.

Until then that you guys very much for your help.

MJ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

NoShadow

Enlightened

I totally agree. All this non-sense litigation. Why not let the consumer decide which flashlight is the one which will sell? This is nuts! In one sense, it is flattering that someone fears the Peak light enough to try to stifle its production. In years past it was the consumer who decided who stayed and who didn't. I never understood how the Mag Solitaire could be compared to the Arc AAA. It was apples and oranges to me then and still is. No comparison. Does it not make common sense that a flashlight has to look like a flashlight? How can that be grounds for a lawsuit? Let the marketplace be the forum for deciding which is the light of choice, not the courtroom. Free enterprise demands this opportunity to perform. If you make a good, useable product, you don't have to be afraid of competition. When I was in business, competition only served to sharpen my skills and performance and I never lacked for business. The dearth of wisdom is wearying to the soul. And the courts are often in short supply of it.

buba

Newly Enlightened

Here is a sneak peak at the LED prototypes MJ's folks in Vegas are working on.

Peaks New Prototype LED Light

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

I can wait 9 days...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/au.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif

paulr

Flashaholic

Buba, that link points to a site selling Fischer Space Pens. Is that what you wanted? I don't see anything about Peak lights there.

NoShadow

Enlightened

I wondered ,too, until I saw that the sign was lighted with LED lights. I believe it is the sign we are to notice. Take a 'Peak' at the sign.

NoShadow

Enlightened

Has anyone used AA or AAA lithium batteries in their Arc or Peak lights and found the lights to be brighter?

PhantomZ

Enlightened

MJ, i've just read on the site that peak solution will no longer take international orders!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/awman.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/caution.gif

i can understand the reasons for doing so but i was wondering if there would still be a chance that i can still make orders sent to canada? i've purchased a couple items before for christmas presents (ended up given my own away as a present /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif) and the service and the lights i recieved are both excellent /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

MrMimizu

Enlightened

Phantom, read the first msg posted by MJ in this thread. It's on the first page.
Here's an excerpt for you though.

[ QUOTE ]
I am personally going to take this on my self. I will personally handle those request.

[/ QUOTE ]

Status
Not open for further replies.