• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Peak LED Solutions Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

ugrey

Enlightened
I am very interested in your product. But, I have nothing but trouble downloading your web page. All the pages are pdf format? I do have an older computer. If I cannot read your web page I cannot buy your flashlights.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
ugrey,
I went to the Peak site and checked it out, it uses jpegs to show the flashlights. The only pdf they use is for what flashlight do you need info. Another option would be to hit a public library and try it there.

DallasA

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
ugrey said:
I am very interested in your product. But, I have nothing but trouble downloading your web page. All the pages are pdf format? I do have an older computer. If I cannot read your web page I cannot buy your flashlights.

[/ QUOTE ]

I apologize on the delay at getting back to your post. I am aware of some issues with upload to the Flashlight Page for older computers, browsers, ect. I am going to try and work on at as soon as possible. In the mean time I could provide direct links for you.

Another thing we are working on is a catalog that will also be available in hard copy, downloadable and via email.

Based of the plans for the future I am sure there will need to be a lot of updating to everything.

DallasA

Enlightened
Hello Everyone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif:

Just a quick update on a few things. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The Color Chart is now up and will be added to.

We have now put up a Dealer page and will be adding local dealers in your area as they become available. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

We are please to announce that we now have a Authorized Distributor in Japan. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Our First Catalog is complete and available with improved photos /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif.

The moment some of you have been waiting for is very close. " Stainless Steel Series " We look to have these available to start shipping with in the next two weeks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Some will go out by the end of next week to Craig & Doug for reviews and individual reviewers.

Sorry I have not been active, we have been working very hard on meeting our goals along with working on improving some.

I will keep you updated as more becomes available and will release photo's sometime next week on the " Stainless Steel Series".

I know everyone is waiting for the Luxeon to start popping out the door. Myself included in that list /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif! At this time there is no new news on the status. When I do have a closer date I will release it.

Anyway, I must run! You guys have a wonderful weekend and I will try to get to everyone's post upon my return.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gifMJ

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
MJ,

I had a question, but you kind of, sort of answered it - I don't know, you don't know. I'm eagerly waiting for the debut of the McKinley 3W lux or any 5W light.

How about 3, 5, or 7 5W lux's.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dallas,

Could you possibly add the "Coming Soon" section to your very long "to do" list. The names of the collections that are soon to arrive are very nice, but they mean nothing to us. A breif description of each (form factor as well as emitter(s) information) would be very nice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
I'd really like a 1AA Luxeon light with a nice smooth tint running at about 0.5 watt, in brass. That would look and feel great and have just the right functionality (low enough battery current to run usefully for a while on a zinc-carbon cell). The brass housing would have a scooped-out reflector that focuses the beam just slightly, giving semi-flood coverage, and the brass would also add a pleasantly warm color cast. If the light came in a nice wooden presentation case, it would make a wonderful gift.

A CR2 version of the CR123 spare cell light would also be nice, though I think those lights make the most sense in HA aluminum rather than heavier metals.

Stainless steel doesn't do much for me unless the light is also ultra-well-sealed (i.e. it's a serious dive light). But I'd like to see a 1AAA in sterling silver with a crosshatch engraved finish sort of like some silver fountain pens. Again, the LED should be chosen for good smooth color; those angry blue 5mm leds really aren't right for this.

Finally I think the double ended lights should be offered with unequal numbers of LED's at the ends. In particular, multiple white LED's at one end and one red LED at the other end is about the most interesting combination.

Mrd 74

Enlightened
A small as possible CR2 Luxeon keychain light with a momentary tail button/hanger would get my attention real quick.

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
DallasA:

I've emailed your Custom shop, but for the benefit of others here: Can I get a high-power 7 GREEN LED head made for my brass CR123 tube with a beamwidth that is as tight (or tighter)than my white 7 LED head?

I don't think you list any green LED's on your site (please correct me if I'm wrong). Why is that?

Many thanks.

DallasA

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
arewethereyetdad said:
MJ, I LOVE your products! Can't wait for the stainless steel series. Keep up the excellent work! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
IlluminatingBikr said:
Dallas,

Could you possibly add the "Coming Soon" section to your very long "to do" list. The names of the collections that are soon to arrive are very nice, but they mean nothing to us. A breif description of each (form factor as well as emitter(s) information) would be very nice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Added to the " to do " list! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Good Point! I will add some standard information next update to the site.

[ QUOTE ]
sotto said:
DallasA:

I've emailed your Custom shop, but for the benefit of others here: Can I get a high-power 7 GREEN LED head made for my brass CR123 tube with a beamwidth that is as tight (or tighter)than my white 7 LED head?

I don't think you list any green LED's on your site (please correct me if I'm wrong). Why is that?

Many thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you can get a 7 Green LED Head to go with your CR123 Body. Check out the color chart page to see the Green Color. This is offered in the custom design center rather then listing it as an option at this time. Send me an email at [email protected] and I will handle it for you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

On the trying to get the beam width tighter. That depends on what you are trying to accomplish over all. Here is a simple things that can be done. If trying to get the LED's to blend in tighter. I would recommend asking the Custom Design Center to trim down the LED "insert" to expose the LED's more this will blend the LED's a little better and still the outer wall will remain the same length to protect the LED's incase of it being dropped.

JimH, paulr, Mrd 74 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif Add me to the list
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy,

Every thought of keeping the "1.5v AAA, 1 LED White Aluminum (Prototype) as a regular item?

If it puts out as much light as say, those 20 lights for $20.00 from CountyComm, it would be a pretty good deal as far as I'm concerned.

Personally, I don't need the Type III HA coatings or anything. I mean, my pocket just isn't that hard on things. Just simple little light that uses a AAA battery.

I'd buy 2 right now at $9.95 each (or less). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

Mike

Al

Enlightened
The head on my Brass Kilimanjaro AA 5led is a bit loose so it turns on too easily. I've shopped around for a different o-ring to tighten it up with no success. Suggestions?

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received a brass 7 green LED McKinley head from Peak's custom shop and that head also turns too easily. I'm interested in a somewhat thicker O-ring, too.

Al and sotto, brass by nature is sort of a self-lubricating metal and, as such, allows for very smooth and easy movement between two threaded parts. I personally condsider this an attractive feature and quite enjoy the smooth easy turn capability. If you're seeking something a little stiffer, you should probably go with Surefire or another aluminum threaded light.

Al

Enlightened
No thanks ... my brass 1AA 3led does not have this problem. Regardless of the frictional properties of brass, a differnt o-ring with a tighter seal just might be the solution. Perhaps a viton o-ring? The problem is finding one! After all, we can't have the thing turning itself on & off or worse, loosing the head!

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
DallasA said:
Al & Sotto:

Please email me your shipping address and I will have a diffrent O-Ring shipped out to you.

email: [email protected]

Have a Great Day!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
MJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's what I call service.
happy65.gif
Post a question on a forum - get a part in the mail. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Longbow

Enlightened
Radio Shack silicon based heatsink compound applied
to the threads and o-ring will solve the problem, while also increasing the eletrical and thermal conductivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.