• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Peak LED Solutions Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

DallasA

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
BentHeadTX said:
Luxeon AAA,
Sounds good! Make mine a 150mA aluminum head with a stainless body. Thanks for the heat shrink for my brass 5 red LED AA, BTW. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Note: Keep in mind that I am not the only one that reads these post.

The heat shrink came from one of engineering members who also has a military back ground and who read your post.

Our company has several members that has a military back ground, or is in active duty, and who also have members of family and friends that are in the military. So when we read your post we had a good idea that this was going to be needed and took the extra step in playing a very very small part in helping.

On behalf of Peak LED Solutions, our staff, family, and friends we wish you a safe and prosperous journey and look forward to your review upon your safe return.

Best wishes,

MJ

PS:

I would like to share a story to what we call in our office the " Heat Shrink ". Some of you might find this interesting.

The address on the order got the attention of our engineering member.
The post was read by four of our staff members and myself.

On a day by day bases our staff loves to talk about all the things that go on, and loves to get involve above and beyond.

So there for this " Heat Shrink" became a topic of conversation in our office. So off to research our team got involved in playing a " very small part "

One of our staff members cross references some information, and our engineering member got the heat shrink.

I just like to say I was in the processing room when I watched the people involved saw that package go out the door, and to me seeing their grins on there faces knowing that they took a small part in helping someone was awesome. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

DallasA

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Fitz said:
Stop it! I'm drooling on my keyboard!

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif How do you think I feel. I have to control myself in order to keep everything under control. I Laugh everyday when I step into the office and one of engineering or design members comes to me to tell me of something new they want to start on. I have to tell them to stop first thing first, but deep down I really want to say awesome how soon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
A multibrightness Luxeon AAA? Oh yeah! Heck, even if it was AA... sign me up. Good thing you ship to APO AE /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif
Interesting story how the heat shrink ended up in my shipment, I'll take it to work tomorrow and put the heat shrink on so the Arc AAA red will not damage the finish. Hmmm, a multiple bright red Luxeon AA would be a nice addition also.

red_robby

Enlightened
Dallas,
will the AA(Kilimanjaro Collection) body fit an ARC AA head ? i know the AAA's do...

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I asked the same question earlier, and the answer was "yes", so go for it!

sebast

Enlightened
I confirm, and it works fine!
arc-peak.jpg

sebast

Enlightened
red robby, yes, it seems only the Shasta collection(N cell) have both tail: flat tail and screwing tail, but not others cell configuration.The body is a bit too long compared to the Arc AA body...

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Arc AA and Peak AA do have interchangable heads. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif This works well for me in that my brass AA 5 red LED head will fit on my Arc AA body. This makes it much, much lighter for lanyard wear.
The brass AA Peak body works well for the Arc AA head, it has extra weight for sitting on it's tail. It might look a little weird, but they both now work better. Life is good.

Al

Enlightened
I wonder if a brass head in an aluminum body (Peak AA 5 in an ARC AA) can produce corrosion because of their being dissimilar metals?

jamesraykenney

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
rdshores said:
How about making a AAAA body that will take the AAA heads. Maybe out of brass.

[/ QUOTE ]

And have 3 springs included for it....
One for 'REAL' AAAAs, a longer one for Duracell 9v cutaway, and a REAL long one for other 9v cutaways!!!

I do not mean this as a joke either... I think that the 3 spring option(or some other way of adjusting it) would be a BIG seller(at least to the people here) because of the EASE of getting AAAAs from 9v's.

DallasA

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
red_robby said:
Dallas,
will the AA(Kilimanjaro Collection) body fit an ARC AA head ? i know the AAA's do...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is correct.

DallasA

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Phaserburn said:
To clarify: Peak AAA heads fit on existing Arc AAA bodies? Could I order just a head?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes just heads are available. If needing just a body please cotact our Custom Design Center at [email protected]

MJ

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dallas,

FYI, when I view the Pikes Peak collection, and go to the various pages, they all say "Brass" in the "Finish" category, even on the page that says "Type III Black Hard Anodized Standard" on it.

DallasA

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Good Morning!

Quick update:

"Battery Rattle":

We have resolved the battery rattle. Over the next few days we will be shipping out Poron Rings with instructions to all previous customers prior to this date. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Some general question may or may not be asked that I will clear up now.

Q: Were will they be shipped?

A: To the same address your original order was shipped.

Q: What if I have multiple orders?

A: All orders will be combined and shipped at the same time.

Q: How are you shipping these items?

A: USPS: Flat Mail

Q: Will an email be sent to confirm shipping?

A: Yes

Q: What if I have not received my notification yet?

A: Please allow until Monday July 26th, 2004 to receive your notification via email. If you have not received your notification by this date contact us at [email protected]

Q: What about over sea shipments, will there be Customs & Duties Charges?

A: No, this is a warranty covered item and there is no value.

Q: What if I have further questions?

A: You may post your questions here or contact us at [email protected]

Stainless Steel Questions:

At this time this is going through a schedule process. These units will not be released until we have completed all fazes of this project. This information will be updated close to release. At this time we are still under going the look, style, feel of each line. All lines will be released at the same time.

Prior to release Craig : The_LED_Museum : http://ledmuseum.net

Doug: Quickbeam : http://www.flashlightreviews.com

And prototype testers will receive the units for reviews prior to the release.

Anodize questions:

Sense my post under an anodizing threads we have receive numerous request in regards to anodizing. This is true we can anodize. This process is handled on a request by request bases. Please contact our Custom Design Center at [email protected] for more assistance.

Battery life vs. each product:

At this time we are forming another chart to show each unit run time vs. different brands of batteries. As soon as this file is complete I will post it to the site along with a link here.

Different color options:

Yes this is true. I will be forming a photo chart to show the different colors available. If there is a particular color you would like to see added to this chart please let me know.

Extension packs / multiple battery packs:

Future project.

Accessories:

At this time we have a few of our staff members working on this project. When an item is added, I will post an update.

More Reviews of our products:

Over the next few days we will be sending more items out to:

Craig : The_LED_Museum : http://ledmuseum.net

Doug: Quickbeam : http://www.flashlightreviews.com

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

If you have a question that has not been answer in the above information or would like to add an opinion to one of the above. Please post it here.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Have a Great Day! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

MJ

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice update there MJ. The fact that you are sending out solutions to the battery rattle problem, free of charge, is outstanding!

Status
Not open for further replies.