PF10! Flashaholic Get Together: NJ, NY, PA, CT Area +

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok everyone, help me out here. I want to update the announcement post and need to confirm some info.

I know Data brought the Data Bank.

I know Kenster gave away an awesome titanium McGizmo

Who else brought the lasers and stuff for the raffle?

What's the name of that electric thing Stan brings and every one wizzes around on?

And who was responsible for the Tank light? I think it was a collaboration between Radio, tvodrd and cmaccle?

Please help me out with these important updates, and feel free to add others. Thanks --Tim

I brought the lasers which where donated be Wickedlasers.
Radio and I brought the tank light courtesy of ShartArc.

Mac

Gimpy00Wang

b0rk, b0rk, b0rk
I'm in! This should coincide nicely with a trip back to PA. :twothumbs I'll have to dig out some goodies for the raffle.

- Chris

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys, updates and subtle changes made to the announcement post. --Tim

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since both the Tank Light and Data Bank were mentioned, here is a picture of the shootout! ( I hope )
IMG_0736.jpg
Will we see a rematch? Also, here is a photo of the Tank Light.
IMG_0729.jpg
:thumbsup:

Gimpy00Wang

b0rk, b0rk, b0rk
Man...I hope those make an appearance again so I get to see 'em!

- Chris

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man...I hope those make an appearance again so I get to see 'em!

- Chris

I will bring the DB70.

Since both the Tank Light and Data Bank were mentioned, here is a picture of the shootout! ( I hope )
IMG_0736.jpg
. . .

sledhead, thank you for that pic. I thought no one got a shot of this.

The tank light is the beam on the left. You are looking straight down the tank light beam. They are both aimed at the top of the ridge about a half mile away.

The tank light is projecting a half moon shape in this image ( look close and you can see the flat edge is horizontal across the bottom). Mac focused its beam wide to try to match the wide (non focusable) beam of the DB70. But in this pic it still appears tighter than the beam of the DB70. I remember that at one point he did make them about the same diameter beams. It may be that the DB70 was moving slightly in this pic as we were holding it by hand and pointing it around at will.

In any case the tank light was brighter and had better color.

Cheers
Dave

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will bring the DB70.

Thanks Dave! I was hoping that you'd be there again this time around. I missed out checking it out last time around.

You going to have any Spy007 type things to show off too?:poke:

MSax

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will bring the DB70.
sledhead, thank you for that pic. I thought no one got a shot of this...

Yeeaaah, glad it will be there again! It was my favorite 'light' at PF9. The picture doesn't do either the Tank Light or the DataBank70 justice. It makes the tree line look so close, and it was NOT close. Other lights with great throw barely lit the trees, those two really exposed it.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just for giggles, thought I'd share a host that a customer provided for a nice little build... not sure it'll be ready for PF10 but here's a preview, heh heh... :naughty:

img-tonyd-loving-cup-with-m6.jpg

The entire piece is one solid hunk of aluminum... I get to fill in the rest. :sweat:

Working name for this build is the 'Loving Cup.' Shown next to an M6 for size comparison.

It is likely the light will use active cooling (Peltier junction, small fan and/or similar) and draw something on the order of hundreds of watts from the cells.