PFlexpro lights and drop ins

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Outstanding.

Very nice to know about level 16. I am wondering if your lumen numbers are LED lumens and not Out-The-Front lumens?

This is the kind of information that sells illumination products to CPF people!

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fantastic information. Having looked at the PFlexPro website about a month ago, you distilled important factors that I did not pick up.

Regarding reset: Do you have a sense of how long before no-last-mode memory will reset to first mode after switching? Are we talking 2 seconds?

In the old days, there were flashlights with pulse width modulation that were all but unusable during snowfall or rainstorms. I'm sure the PWM on these dropins are not evident, and that only the super sensitive and those prone to suggestion will be distracted by it.

16kHz PWM. Should not be detectable by eyes or any of the simple tests.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm curious about the difference in runtime efficiency between the 22-mode and AP dropins.

wolfgaze

Enlightened
Website says:
Lens: Stock -plain glass lens from Solarforce. The AR lens will increase out by about 6%.
The Micro Textured lens will also increase output by about 6% and remove artifacts from the beam...it decreases throw by only 2%.
The Micro Textured lens works well with any reflector, but the smooth reflector benefits the most.
The Micro Textured lens combined with the smooth hybrid reflector gives better beam quality than a orange peel reflector alone, and the MT/SMH combo will give you more throw than the orange peel reflector.

"Constant current" refers to the fact that it's voltage-regulated. The lights all have PWM, but it's very good PWM and I've never been able to notice it.

Thank you for the response...

TA_ls1

Enlightened
I've pretty much decided that I want the Solarforce L2P with a micro textured AR lens and either the smooth or smooth hybrid reflector. I'm not sure which LED yet, but I want good throw with decent flood and spill so I can also use it close up. For those who know these lights, what reflector and LED combination did you choose, and does anyone have beam shot pics?

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've pretty much decided that I want the Solarforce L2P with a micro textured AR lens and either the smooth or smooth hybrid reflector. I'm not sure which LED yet, but I want good throw with decent flood and spill so I can also use it close up. For those who know these lights, what reflector and LED combination did you choose, and does anyone have beam shot pics?

I have two 22-mode drop-ins, both with a XPL HI U5 NW @ 3.04A, one in a smooth reflector, the other in an OP reflector, with stock Surefire lenses. Great output. Great tint. Great beam profiles, and the spill is bright, but they're best for distances beyond than 20 feet, even the one with the OP reflector. Closer than that, even in the lower modes, the hotspots are just too much brighter than the spill for comfortable use.

The one with a smooth reflector gets approximately 22-25k CD. I've not measured the other.

If you need throw and better tint across the beam, then definitely get the XPL HIs, perhaps paired with an OP reflector and the microtextured lens, giving up some throw for a better beam for close up use.

I'll try to get some pics up.

cody12

Newly Enlightened
There is an easy way
to get the answers to all your questions. Email Randy.
You write to him in the evening, you'll get a answer next morning. I'm glad to see more people are finding him. Vinh used to be my go to guy for everything, but Randy has much more options. And direct drive says it all!

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recieved my Drop-in this morning. Fantastic! My only slight complaint is the LED, is off-centered. This drop in, is actually going back, though, because I found the AP driver fully programmable ones! Randy has been amazed no to deal with! My new one will be hybrid smooth reflector, with a micro-texture lens.

TA_ls1

Enlightened
I've messaged Randy a couple times. He is very thorough and helpful, and has given me a lot of useful info. I was unsure about whether to pick a step down option or the advanced program, but am now leaning towards the advanced program. I just need to decide on the LED and reflector. Hopefully I can see some pics.

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I asked Randy that. I guess dr. Jones programmed his drivers, so they are different, but essentially function the same.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I asked Randy that. I guess dr. Jones programmed his drivers, so they are different, but essentially function the same.

Driver linked is designed by Dr. Jones. You mean the programming is different?

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good news from Randy at pflexpro:
He Confirmed that the AP dropin has voltage indication (10 flashes for fully charged), and that he usually recharges at 6 flashes, with 1,2,3 flashes (3.0, 3.12, 3.24V) being really low. It is activated by 8 half presses (guessing for the forward clicky).
I'm sold.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received a PFlexPRO Short Surefire type Advanced Program XP-L Hi 5200K dropin yesterday. Initial impressions are very good and appreciate the entire shipment. Randy does a lot to help his customers. Here is a 1 minute video showing the Micro-Textured anti reflective lens and a glimpse perhaps of the hybrid smooth reflector. Both of those features enhance an XP-L Hi, in my opinion.

https://goo.gl/photos/bvSE8tyiFRyU6uY16