PFlexpro lights and drop ins

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some people are OK changing modes with an Oveready Zero Res Shorty, but I find it a little distracting. It can be used as a non-tactical momentary in single mode though.

PFlexPRO is not set up to sell just switches but Skylumen does. Decide if you want to use longer protected batteries or shorter unprotected to get a good fit with a new switch. Even then, be sure to confirm the length delivered is what you ordered.

https://skylumen.com/collections/others/products/fs54-high-drain-forward-clicky

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received one of the new C8 triples with 5D XP-L hi emitters. This thing is a beast! The most impressive output I've seen from a 1x18650 light by far. It puts an even coat of light everywhere from 2ft in front of you all the way out to 300ft. The beam is such that you never get "blinded" by the spill though. You can look just in front of you and see the ground in detail, then look up at the trees 200 feet away without moving the light and without eye adjustment. Everything is lit up evenly.

Here is the beam from a Malkoff Hound Dog on a small grove of trees a little over 100ft away.
41412047815_b48e17824c_c.jpg

And here's C8 triple. Dang that's a beam!
41412049425_10b334a6f6_c.jpg

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow!
What a great combination of compactness for so much useful light! The tailcap is easy to find and the host is good quality that has been gone over by someone who cares to take the time to do it right the first time.

Thank you RD for posting!

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, Randy got back to me. He told me that the McClicky is in fact one of the best switches to run with the Quad. He told me, "Virtually everything in a high-powered flashlight is running over the ratings". I'm inclined to agree with him and it sounds like he knows what he's talking about. Lots of good knowledge.

God dang it! Just after I bought an EDCPlus triple instead. I think I'm going to have to sell a few things to buy the Quad now lol. If Randy is running an iteration of H17F in there, I guess I can always just run it up to Level 22 instead of using the FET levels.

TimeOnTarget

Newly Enlightened
I have 3 of his lights so far, an 18650 and two 18350s.

I am completely happy with everything. So much bang for the buck!

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
I asked Randy to create a Convoy S6 with a 219C D240 R9050 emitter at 5000k. Love the AP driver, very easy to program.

Unfortunately I chose the stainless steel clip from mtnelectronics. I guess you get what you pay for - it's sharp and flimsy. Immediately removed it. The friction fit clip from my Convoy S2+ seems to fit well, but looking for better a screw-in clip.

Can anyone recommend an alternative screw-in clip that will work with the two holes in the tailcap of the S6 host?

Thanks.

mega_lumens

Enlightened
Where can I find a demo of how the Crescendo Diver works? Is it a popular driver since I mostly find discussions about 22 Mode or APD drivers.

mega_lumens

Enlightened
Thanks for that link. Now I have good understanding of how Crescendo works. The ramping up and down seems bit fast to catch some levels like the lows, but overall I like the functionality of it very much.

Geoffrey

Newly Enlightened
I recently took delivery of my first pflexpro drop in.

I agree with what everyone else is reporting. Outstanding workmanship and customer service.

I like the advanced program so ram so much that I'll be getting a quad next year to replace my edcplus triple.

I went with an XPL-HI with hybrid reflector and microtextured lens. For me it's a perfect combination.

I found working with Randy to be beyond my expectations in every way. Great builder and great guy to deal with!

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Randy provides professional service in every sense.
I recently received a custom built p60 thrower module and couldn't be more delighted!
Next up C8 triple, however, undecided whether to go with 5D or 3D emitters. Beam shots posted above make an easy sell for 4000k. Does anybody have 5200k for comparision..
Edit; Found post with Kitrobaskin field beam shots.. I like my throwers with cooler tints so going with XPL HI 5200k in C8.. :santa: Starting early xmas stocking stuffers

Last edited:

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes Randy, last time I talked with him, prefers the 5000K emitters. I have an Emisar D4 with the warmer 5D and like it sometimes, but believe the 5000K gives better contrast.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kitro, were you one of the lucky customers who received a 6p host golden over black anodize color conversion?
Do you have any knowledge of how the platers do the color change over the existing black?
Thanks!

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey knucklegary! I did get one and somewhere heard that the stock anodizing was burned off? The body is excellent. The tailcap has a different shade, and the bezel has wear marks from when I first got it. It was one of the last that Randy had.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone tried fitting one of Randy's enhanced for high output forward clicky (16mm PCB) switches under a McClicky retainer nut.. I know switch will fit comfortably inside nut counterbore. Wondering how much more, or less, usable battery tube length is created with his overall spring length?
Thx..

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a C8 with his switch installed. Unprotected only, though the spring could be clipped I suppose.

When I visited him a year ago last fall, he showed how the brass retaining ring can be machined to give a slight increase for batteries. He was also kind enough to 'enhance' a switch in front of my eyes, but he asked not to be video recorded because his shop was not spic-and-span. (It was fine, what any busy operation would look like)

Last edited:

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Kitro, I think both the C8 and L2P use a 16mm forward clicky. I sure like the way he caps off spring tips with copper!
Contacted Randy, hopefully he will sell me a switch for trial fitting into a z41. Putting heat to a McClicky for attaching bypass wire does not work to well with plastic components. Lol

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Randy's modular p60 contact spring is genius. Variable spring heights can allow for different tailcap/switch combos to achieve longer internal battery tube lengths, and keep overall outside config the same:thumbsup:
Also, his YouTube "how to" heat sink wrap video is very informative:twothumbs