Polarion Abyss Dual "S"

Patriot

Flashaholic
What happened to good old fashioned beamshots when reviewing...

Sorry about the delay but the original pictures and info were posted early because I wanted to give you guys something. I still intend to post beamshots but things have been a been crazy here lately. Every time I get an evening off from work plan on setting an evening aside for some shots, something else prevents it. The video review is done and it will be posted along with pictures very soon. Thanks for your patience. :)

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow that's extremely generous of Ken to do that. Any idea how long the deal will last?

Last edited:

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ken

Would it be possible for the standard Smooth Reflector (used on PH-40 & 50) be an option for CPF members on the 25% deal. Very generous offer! I think I'd have to get one...

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered one last night and I should have asked the same....maybe not too late.....? :confused:I'd like the same in my light and had discussed it with another member... :ohgeez:

Karl

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked a fine time too remember this thread! Have some reading to do and I guess I'll have to sell some Hinderer stuff. Decisions , decisions...

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just started selling off some stuff to save for something else and just decided to check this thread out, now this is definitely on my mind always wanted a Polarion. How long is this good for out of curiosity.

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just came across this and took the plunge and ordered one. Now I have to wait for it to come in the mail.. I hope they ship fast. Great deal by getting the 25% off. I am stoked.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just started selling off some stuff to save for something else and just decided to check this thread out, now this is definitely on my mind always wanted a Polarion. How long is this good for out of curiosity.

Nice to see you here 276, I know you're a real Peak guy. I am on the fence between the Abyss and the SR6500, but if I had the funds right now I would shoot for the Abyss.

I just came across this and took the plunge and ordered one. Now I have to wait for it to come in the mail.. I hope they ship fast. Great deal by getting the 25% off. I am stoked.

You will not regret it.

Last edited:

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice to see you here 276, I know you're a real Peak guy. I am on the fence between the Abyss and the SR6500, but if I had the funds right now I would shoot for the Abyss.

You will not regret it.

Hahaha, i was saving up for the SR2000A.

Patriot

Flashaholic
After a quick review of some of the video I took this evening, I'm not so sure it even needs a smooth reflector. I was lighting up two pairs of power line towers at exactly 800 & 972 yards according to my Leica 1200 LRF. The towers weren't quite as defined as with the PH50 but I'd guess they were 85-90% as visible with the Abyss. I was also able to easily video mule deer at 200 yards with the Abyss, night-mode set to off, full 35X zoom, and the shutter was actually stopping down to compensate for overexposure. I had no shortage of light and the smooth beam was really soothing when the animals were closer at about 100 yards. There were no harsh artifacts at all. I just found my new wildlife video light and the best part is that it's tripod ready due to the threaded handle! :thumbsup:

BTW, some of you mentioned LEDs. I had the SR90 out there tonight and once again it was doing what I thought was a pretty decent job. That was until I turned on the Abyss. Quickly finding the mule deer was effortless with the Polarion. With the SR90 it was a task to locate them beyond 250 yards. With the Abyss they still weren't to difficult to pick up with the naked eye beyond 400 yards. I reluctantly want to say that it was almost easier to find them with the HID that it was to see them in daylight conditions over the same terrain. The colors were amazingly separated and the contrast extreme under the beam of the Abyss. With the same scene under early afternoon sunlight the grey's all blend together out there. Also, when the animals looked back their eyes glow, which of course doesn't happen during the day either. Needless to say, I learned a lot about my new spotlight this evening.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the continuing information Patriot! Appears that others have taken interest in this great deal as well and will have their own copies of the Abyss (Abysses???) to use and test! Great!:grin2:

Karl

PS Sandy, you KNOW you want/need one!!!:devil:

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
" Patriot " I know it is a minor thing but - do you have a picture of the soft case, or did you upgrade to the hard case? Looking forward to the video - always top notch!

" Karl " My stress level is rising! :D Their is this Tri-V2 thing coming you know.... need to sell some stuff!

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
Patriot

Enjoyed your video of the Abyss next to the PH-50. The Abyss form factor looks the best to me...

Nice video of you & your pops & uncle doing the long range shooting. Watched all three!

Polarion has a winner with the Abyss in or out of the water. They keep getting it right, is it Ken's influence :tinfoil: