Post your camera equipment/setup!

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just went digging again.. found one who's focus didn't work.. is this it?

_MG_7488-800.jpg

:ohgeez:Thats it, congradulations on the find. It looks pretty good, hows the glass look?

Rexlion

Enlightened
1 Leica IIIf with Nikkor S-C f/1.4 50mm, also Stereotach image splitter
2 Pentax ZX-M mounted on a twin camera bar, with a variety of Pentax lenses
1 Stereo Realist f/2.8, custom modified to take 7 perf wide stereo pairs
1 Stereo Realist f/3.5
2 Nimslo 4-lens cameras
2 Canon SD1000 digicams mounted to a custom faceplate and switch for stereo photography
2 Canon A710 digicams on a twin bar, with a pair of .66X wide angle attachments
1 Canon A410
several flashes and tripods and what-not

Wattnot

Enlightened
Canon 40D
18-55 IS
55-250 IS
430 EXII

I've been sniffing around better glass but I have to see where I'm going with this. I used to be into photography many years ago and I let it go. Now I'm back so we'll see what happens. Believe it or not it was doing the reviews here that got me going again.

Anybody here a member of the Canon Digital forum (www.photography-on-the.net)?

Burgess

Flashaholic
Bought this little gem, brand new, 32 years ago this week.

( heck, most of you youngsters weren't even born yet ! )

2006-03-08036-web.jpg

A bit of history on the Rollei 35 -- (from the Web)

The most exciting project on Heinz Waaske´s drawing board was a miniature 35mm format camera. It was to become a resounding success, but not under the Wirgin name. Heinz Waaske had already tried to persuade his boss to produce this camera, and he had even made a model. But Henry Wirgin did not take the bit in his teeth. Perhaps the fiasco with the Edixa Electronica was too recent in his memory. Leitz in Wetzlar was presented with the idea, but refused politely.

Heinz Waaske had more luck with Franke & Heidecke in Braunschweig. Rolleiflex sales, which had been outstanding, were by this time on a downward trend and the company apparently lacked a replacement. Henry Waaske´s invention must have seemed like a gift from heaven. Today everyone knows how popular the little Rollei 35 became.

In 1965 Heinz Waaske resigned from Wirgin and moved to Braunschweig. He stayed with Franke & Heidecke till 1978, after which he started up his own design workshop.

He resolved problems for Minox and others.
In 1995, the gifted camera-designer died at 71 years of age.

_

Last edited:

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bought this little gem, brand new, 32 years ago this week.

( heck, most of you youngsters weren't even born yet ! )

2006-03-08036-web.jpg

A bit of history on the Rollei 35 -- (from the Web)

The most exciting project on Heinz Waaske´s drawing board was a miniature 35mm format camera. It was to become a resounding success, but not under the Wirgin name. Heinz Waaske had already tried to persuade his boss to produce this camera, and he had even made a model. But Henry Wirgin did not take the bit in his teeth. Perhaps the fiasco with the Edixa Electronica was too recent in his memory. Leitz in Wetzlar was presented with the idea, but refused politely.

Heinz Waaske had more luck with Franke & Heidecke in Braunschweig. Rolleiflex sales, which had been outstanding, were by this time on a downward trend and the company apparently lacked a replacement. Henry Waaske´s invention must have seemed like a gift from heaven. Today everyone knows how popular the little Rollei 35 became.

In 1965 Heinz Waaske resigned from Wirgin and moved to Braunschweig. He stayed with Franke & Heidecke till 1978, after which he started up his own design workshop.

He resolved problems for Minox and others.
In 1995, the gifted camera-designer died at 71 years of age.

_
:wow: it looks like it's in very good condition. I bet it's worth more now than you paid for it.:naughty:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
BTW, my favorite point and shoot is a Nikon, the COOLPIX S10. Its unconventional enough that people bought so few it was discontinued, but it does the most important part of any camera, in a way no other compact does: the lens. Over a third of the body volume and even more of the mass is devoted to glass. And the swivel design means no waiting while the motor drones away to retract it:

21mtd0k.jpg

Last edited:

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
Film - petri 7s=35mm, yashika =120mm, polaroid SX70.
digital - Fuji A345, Fuji S1000, Canon rebel T1i 500D < gave this canon to one of my daughters bought the Canon T2i and gave that to my other daughter. currently using a Canon 60D I have most focal lengths covered from a Sigma 8mm-16mm, two Canon kit lens, Canon 60mm macro, Sigma 18mm-250mm macro, Sigma 150mm-500mm.
Picked up a fuji 2800HD for a backup

Last edited:

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nikon D60 with
Nikon AF-S 70-300mm f/4.5 ED VR
Nikon AF-S 105mm f/2.8 ED VR Micro
Nikon AF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 VR

Panasonic Lumix LX3

Metatron

Banned
When all else fails, read the manual. That's what got me to reading the Bible. :grin2:
as a youngster i had it pretty much sussed out, now i have decided to go over the various settings and see what gives me the best result, and its clear to me, that having the shakes doesnt help, lol, so im off to get a tripod...

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
as a youngster i had it pretty much sussed out, now i have decided to go over the various settings and see what gives me the best result, and its clear to me, that having the shakes doesnt help, lol, so im off to get a tripod...

If you're using slow lenses and/or shooting in low light, then a tripod is a good solution unless you can afford Image Stablized len$e$. I have a Manfroto, simular to this one:
602425.jpg

it works pretty good for small/light gear and is easy to carry and affordable.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is an interesting thread, Just one observation - in the 34 posts, there are only 5 camera related pictures. All the others are lists of the equipment, not that there is anything wrong with that...

Burgess

Flashaholic
. . . . and classic Rollei cameras seem to be leading the list !

:cool:

PS: yes, i have one of their great TLR's also.

:kiss:

_

jrmcferren

Enlightened
Here is my active Camera Equipment:

Digital Still:

• Kodak Easyshare CX7300 Point and Shoot 3.2 Megapixel, bought off a friend in 2006 for $20
  • Palm Centro Integrated Camera 1.3 Megapixel, Not used for anything except a quick snapshot.

Film Still:

• Canon Canonet 28 Rangefinder, I got it a a flea market for $5, still on the first roll of film, just want to make sure everything works right.
Analog Video:

• JVC Videomovie GR-65U, I got it at a Goodwill for about $30 but the piece that drives the zoom is bad so I have to use the lever to zoom.
Digital Video:

• Palm Centro Integrated camera, used only for real quick video grabs.
That covers all of my active equipment.

LEDobsession

Enlightened
I'm a Nikon Guy myself.

Digital:
Nikon D90 with vertical battery grip

Film:
Nikon N6006
Honeywell Pentax 35mm

Tripods/Monopods:
Tri: Manfrotto 3021BN with 322RC2 ball head
Mono: Manfrotto 679B

Lenses:
Nikkor 18-55mm VR
Nikkor 55-200mm VR
Tamron 28-105mm AF
Tamron 100-300mm AF
Filters:
Ultra Violet
Circular Polarizer

Misc:
MB-D80 Vertical Battery Grip
SunPak Flash
(2) 16 GB SanDisk SDHC Memory Cards
ML-L3 Remote Shutter Release
Kata Sling

Computers:
13" White MacBook (Leopard OS X 10.5.7)
20" iMac (Leopard OS X 10.5.7)

Software:
Adobe CS3
PhotoMatix Pro (HDR and Tone Mapping)
iPhoto
Nikon's NX2

Quick viewing:
120 GB iPod Classic
8 GB iPhone

Last edited:

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Canon gear here.

Cameras
1DMKII
Rebel XT (350D)
G9 (P&S)
G5 (P&S - in glovebox)
Lenses
Tamron 90 F2.8 Macro
Sigma 30 F1.4 (supposed to be for "1.6" cameras but works on 1DMKII which is "1.3")
Oly Zukio 24 F2.8 & adapter
Canon 50 F1.4
Canon 100-400 L IS
Canon 16-35 L F2.8
Canon 24-70 L F2.8
Canon 17-85 EFS IS

Sigma 1.4x
Tripod Gear
Velbon Carmagne 640 (CF) w/Acratech ultimate ballhead w/qr & Kinesis tripod bag
Manfrotto 3007 small tabletop tripod w/3009 ballhead
Monopod

RRS L plate for 1DMKII
RRS plate for XT
RRS plate for 100-400

Lots of cards, filters (UV & CP only), bags.

Photoshop CS2