Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctaDink

Enlightened
One from tonight:
MaratacDesat.jpg

DoctaDink

Enlightened
I'll see your flashlight and raise you some apples.... ;)

nice to see reflective stuff without reflections in it!

:thumbsup: Those are some yummy looking apples!

Yeah, it takes some work to photograph reflective items. My son was throwing out a piece of frosted Acetate film yesterday, and I rescued it from the trash to use as a diffuser. I placed it on top of a mirror, then rolled it over the top of the flashlights as a sort of tent, through which I fired one speedlight, while firing a second one from the left. The mirror underneath, gives a bit of depth and fills the shadows under.

DoctaDink

Enlightened
The Drummer is the same person as the child with the saxophonist in the "Street Photography" thread.
BenonDrumsSumiInkcopy.jpg

BenDrumsJan08.jpg

DoctaDink

Enlightened
Nice! Are those SEALs in the little boat to the left...er port side of the explosion?

LEDobsession

Enlightened
Here's one I enjoyed the other day. Its one of my sister's cat's kittens. Not so much a kitten now. I like how the lighting ended up changing the eye coloring. Anyways, enjoy.
TheEyesofCuriosity.jpg

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also have a D90 with an 18-105 lens (a 70-300 telephoto too). How do you like yours so far?

Here is a shot of the taillights of a Ferrari Enzo (with the D90) from a Ferrari show that I went to (I posted this and other pictures in a separate thread in the Cafe):
enzotaillight.jpg

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great photos folks! Many better than the ones I see on photo forums:twothumbs
That polished, stainless Maratac AAA looks sweet (trying to suppress flashaholism):sick2:

Okay, today I went hiking/walking/strolling in a nearby park and grabbed these:
bridge.jpg

falls.jpg

Last edited:

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a quick shot of the custom killer I have to send on it's way to a new owner on Monday. (the flashlight)

Just my Stylus 720SW that I take camping all the time with no worries.:thumbsup:

I hope this is cool enough for you photo heads.
:)

scoutkiller055.jpg

chew socks

Newly Enlightened
I also have a D90 with an 18-105 lens (a 70-300 telephoto too). How do you like yours so far?

Here is a shot of the taillights of a Ferrari Enzo (with the D90) from a Ferrari show that I went to (I posted this and other pictures in a separate thread in the Cafe):
enzotaillight.jpg

Nice pic, unfortunately im not lucky enough to get anywhere near that close to an Enzo :( but here's a model on my shelf :D

So far i love it, much better than the point and shoot id been using...so many more adjustments and TONS of fun to use. How do you like 70-300? i kind of miss the lack of long range capability...i also have a 35mm f1.8 coming in soon, not that that'll get me more zoom.

DSC_0534.jpg

LEDobsession

Enlightened

So far i love it, much better than the point and shoot id been using...so many more adjustments and TONS of fun to use. How do you like 70-300? i kind of miss the lack of long range capability...i also have a 35mm f1.8 coming in soon, not that that'll get me more zoom.]

I have to say I love my D90 as well. Wonderful machine. :twothumbs

Illum

Flashaholic
Went down to the docks...watched Disney's sister cruise "Wonder" depart
the stock photos looked a bit grim so I had them enhanced a bit

bretti_kivi

Enlightened
cheap 70-300s tend to be soft at the long end, which is what you buy them for.

If you need cheap range, get a bridge. Will post some more pics later, I'm just processing Sat eve's party pics and they're difficult - massive WB problems :(

Bret

Status
Not open for further replies.