Programming the SPY007 XM-L

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please make sure you remember to keep your batteries matched. I mark my cells with a series of numbers and then always keep the pairs together for life. Caution is advised as we are now firmly in the ultra power zone with these cells.

I did not try a full battery and a dead battery on high for a few seconds to see if it reverse charges. I have never tested it because I do not think the STFu MK-III can reverse charge like an incan. But it never hurts to play.

Cheers
Dave

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI

The first time in the PU1 function on the 007 XM-L will copy all the levels in slot one into slots two, three and four. This never happens again. You may have noticed that it did not cal the first time. :)

This is not how the Tri-V worked. I had to change it because it was possible to damage the emitter on the Tri-V the first time into a slot if you did not give it time to cal that slot!!

Cheers
Dave

CMAG

Enlightened
Is it possible to go over 3a, not that I want to but if I lost track of counting to 30?

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it possible to go over 3a, not that I want to but if I lost track of counting to 30?
No, you can not put in more than 3000mA.

You should check what you keyed in with PU5 from time to time to see if you got what you wanted.

Cheers
Dave

easilyled

Flashaholic
I think this thread should be made a sticky because it contains a lot of useful information about programming and active configurations all in this one thread and it is therefore immediately accessible without having to wade through lots of other threads.

Last edited:

stoli67

Enlightened
I was thinking about making a little spread sheet of the power levels for each slot on my 007 and TriV2.

Anyone have a set of levels for primaries/low power levels to try.

I have set Slot 4 on each to the ultra-power / max settings but would like to set Slot 3 to low power / primary settings.

Slot 2 for the tri V2 is for all flood settings
Slot one for each is default settings

Last edited:

stoli67

Enlightened
I guess what I am asking is what are the maximal levels that a set of primaries will be able to run at... Say a set of surefires.

I have programmed slot 4 of both my TriV2 and 007 to run at full power - 3000 for position 6 on the 007 and max power for each LED on the TriV2 .

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess what I am asking is what are the maximal levels that a set of primaries will be able to run at... Say a set of surefires.

I have programmed slot 4 of both my TriV2 and 007 to run at full power - 3000 for position 6 on the 007 and max power for each LED on the TriV2 .

When they are new and at 3.2V they can push way over 1500mA to the emitter but it does not last. Primary batteries continually loose voltage and a predictable rate and so loose their power with it.

If the STFu will cal at a given setting then the battery is supplying the power needed for that setting. But it may be short lived. When the battery can no longer supply the voltage asked of it the converter just lets it "do what it can". This is of course what happens every single time any set of primary batteries gets to the end of life voltage of ~2.8V.

Anytime you set the power level on your light with a PU3 or a PU4 and the batteries do not have the power to hit the target, you MUST put in new batteries and run the PU3 !!!

Cheers
Dave

nbp

Flashaholic
This flashlight is almost too smart for me; programming takes some real study and trial and error it seems. I managed to dial down the PU1 slot to a dimmer setting than the default. Have no idea what is at, but the default was too bright, and now it's dimmer, so that's good. :huh: The other modes are still default...I think... I also enabled lock mode for use when it is in my pocket, but then it seemed to get turned off while I played with other things. I couldn't lock the knob. Once you use the PU2 to enable the lock does it stay enabled even after battery cover removal or do you have to do it again every time you open it up?

stoli67

Enlightened
Keep playing with it while watching the videos..... it becomes really very simple after a while. It is actually way more simple to program that all the other lights out there. Just takes a couple of dys of playing with it.

Not sure about the lock (as I never really use it) will try that tonight. My understanding is that all settings stay in the memory even when the batteries are removed.

nbp

Flashaholic
:ohgeez:

I just remembered I did a reset after I enabled the lock because in the meantime I set the wrong mode to moonlight. That's why it turned off. Well now I had practice turning it back on. Haha. Thanks guys, I will keep messing around and trying to get the hang of it.

mr.snakeman

Enlightened
i`ve been trying to reprogram my #585 to be able to access the 3000ma. level but to no avail. I have read all the threads, but still can´t get it done. Please, an "old guy dummies" explination would really be needed.

easilyled

Flashaholic
i`ve been trying to reprogram my #585 to be able to access the 3000ma. level but to no avail. I have read all the threads, but still can´t get it done. Please, an "old guy dummies" explination would really be needed.

Are you toggling back and forth 30 times to set it for 3000ma?