Programming the SPY007 XM-L

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMR batteries mounted, just waiting for help.

PU4
quickly go to P6

wait till pulsing stops
P1 (observe quick strobe)

P5
P4

P5
P4

P5
P0

wait till pulsing stops, light cals level 6 to 3000 and then light shuts off

After programming the light, make sure you got the setting you are trying for by checking it with a PU5

Remember to use this level of power cautiously. It will heat up fast. Never give the light to anyone else while it is set at this high-level unless you are sure they know what they're dealing with.

It is your responsibility to make sure the light does not get too hot. Only use new matched pair batteries. Keep the matched pairs labeled and never use them in another flashlight individually.

Cheers
Dave

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic
PU4
quickly go to P6

wait till pulsing stops

P5
P4

P5
P4

P5
P0

After programming the light, make sure you got the setting you are trying for by checking it with a PU6

Remember to use this level of power cautiously. It will heat up fast. Never give the light to anyone else while it is set at this high-level unless you are sure they know what they're dealing with.

It is your responsibility to make sure the light does not get too hot. Only use new matched pair batteries. Keep the matched pairs labeled and never use them in another flashlight individually.

Cheers
Dave

I didn't realize that P5 was the "1000s" amp position.
I thought there were only P2 "1s", P3 "10s" and P4 "100s"

Its certainly much easier to only toggle 3 times as opposed to 30 times.

mr.snakeman

Enlightened
PU4
quickly go to P6

wait till pulsing stops

P5
P4

P5
P4

P5
P0

After programming the light, make sure you got the setting you are trying for by checking it with a PU6

Cheers
Dave
Thanks for the help, I´ll try it when I get home after work.

franzdom

Enlightened
Can you program more than one setting (button position) when you set or is it cap off each time you want to set a button, sorry I am not clear on this yet, thanks.

mr.snakeman

Enlightened
Well, I´ve programmed the 007 as per Dave´s instructions (#41) and P6 is brighter than stock config. but not as bright as I thought it would be and it does not get uncomfortably warm even after several minutes in my hand but boy does it suck power from my IMR batteries in a hurry.

easilyled

Flashaholic
Well, I´ve programmed the 007 as per Dave´s instructions (#41) and P6 is brighter than stock config. but not as bright as I thought it would be and it does not get uncomfortably warm even after several minutes in my hand but boy does it suck power from my IMR batteries in a hurry.

It wouldn't get uncomfortably warm after several minutes because it starts throttling down the power after about 1 minute until it goes back to 1A default maximum drive current.
;)

Also, the difference between 700 and 300 lumens is not as noticable as it sounds due to the nature of our sight receptors damping down increase in light output logarithmically.

Last edited:

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
To "see" the difference between 1,000 and 3,000, I have set P5 at 1,000 and P6 at 3,000.
There is a noticeable difference for sure.

Last edited:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Launch!

Programming the XM-L2 is the same as the XM-L but I have added some refinement in the feedback flashes that the programming spits out when you are making changes to the settings. That and the new function of the lock that came from the Tri-V2.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic

Wait, I thought the PU6 was for your battery voltage??? :huh:

I cannot figure out the PU2 lockout for the life of me. I watched all the videos at this link http://www.youtube.com/user/badtziscool/videos but he seems to show some different pulses/light indicator presentations that is confusing. Not sure if there are more current videos, or if there have been various changes over time in programming?

His PU1 display does not behave like the XM-L2 I just got
. My PU1 comes on as a steady, low LED for about 5 sec, then a single slow pulse then turns off. I couldn't find a manual that explained the detail of the flashes, pulses, etc. to know what I was doing.

Let's say I want to make my XM-L2 Bank 2, P4 set at 1000mA, P5 set to 2000mA, and P6 set to 3300mA. Can someone say the sequence for these?

Latest posts