• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Project Genesis - Sky Lumen Nguyen (It's Here!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Will you support my 1st light? "Project Genesis"

I'd have to hold it in my hand to know, but extra machining in the way of chamfering and/or rounding is always good. It also makes the aluminum less prone to chipping or denting. I'm sure it will add a little bit to the cost of the light, but it's worth it.

Nokoff

Enlightened

You know I do like it better, however you're still missing the big picture, at least from this armchair perspective not meant to offend at all. It's disproportionate to the head and body. People don't like that so much unless it's somehow blended well. They all don't have to be the same size but you have long, clean lines with a tailcap which steals all the visual attention away. I feel this style is already in a flooded market. I will literally shut up now.

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Rev 4 twisty looks great! Will there be any knurling or design on the body, for grip? Many a light I have sold, or passed on, because it was too slippery!

Flash-O-Maniac

Newly Enlightened

I like the Rev 4 Twisty design a lot. While I am most interested in this light for its bullet proof characteristics and aesthetics are a distant priority, I can see how the rounded edges of the Rev 4 will be more comfortable to hold and definitely feel it gives the light a more finished attractive look.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast

You know I do like it better, however you're still missing the big picture, at least from this armchair perspective not meant to offend at all. It's disproportionate to the head and body. People don't like that so much unless it's somehow blended well. They all don't have to be the same size but you have long, clean lines with a tailcap which steals all the visual attention away. I feel this style is already in a flooded market. I will literally shut up now.

But there are more than 1 tailcap option. One for twisty the other for clicky.

I'm loving the options and can definitely see where there is an appeal for a more aggressive tailcap for twisty grip.

I personally haven't seen this design to be one that has flooded the market. Most designs like this are for a cigar style grip, not a twisty grip.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

Will the head be reflector single emitter only, or will there be options for triple/quad optics?

SKV89

Enlightened

Will the head be reflector single emitter only, or will there be options for triple/quad optics?

Vinh answered this in post 337. I just hope there's enough solid mass in this flashlight to dissipate the heat to separate this from the D4 where max lumens can only be sustained for a few seconds due to the lack of mass for heatsinking. I wonder will a copper spacer be used for the multi emitter version.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Vinh answered this in post 337. I just hope there's enough solid mass in this flashlight to dissipate the heat to separate this from the D4 where max lumens can only be sustained for a few seconds due to the lack of mass for heatsinking. I wonder will a copper spacer be used for the multi emitter version.

Triples and quads sit on a solid slug of copper. This host is also very hefty for the size. Cooling fins strategically placed on the body and not the head for reasons I will reveal later.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't like triples and quads for their max outputs, but for their greater efficiency at lower outputs compared to single emitters.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I don't like triples and quads for their max outputs, but for their greater efficiency at lower outputs compared to single emitters.

Yup. This is how X80vn can do 4000 Lumen continuously with no heat issues with relatively small size & low mass. But it sure doesn't hurt to have massive output for short bursts when needed.

Rockjunkie15

Newly Enlightened

If Genesis is super durable, a triple or quad, NW tint, and optional tail clicky I'm in for at least one.

archimedes

Flashaholic

;-)

Clicky too for yah?
I like modular ... how about a full set of lego parts, please? A clicky, a twisty, a couple three sizes of tubes, maybe a bezel or two, and several different optics.

Oh, and maybe package it all up in a nice pelican case for me, too (lol) :D

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I like modular ... how about a full set of lego parts, please? A clicky, a twisty, a couple three sizes of tubes, maybe a bezel or two, and several different optics. All of these are in the planning!

Oh, and maybe package it all up in a nice pelican case for me, too (lol) ahha but the light is designed to be beat up :D

Status
Not open for further replies.