Question about my remote control?

a4d

Enlightened
Yes this was very stupid of me but i was playing a video game and got rather angered so i threw my remote control (for my tv). well all was good i went on playing i finish the game and turn the system off. i go to grab the remote to turn it from video 2 back to video one. well now it's stuck on 2 or 0 i'm not sure and of course it's not the one i need. I tried switching the cables from my cable box to a different port on the tv and nothing is working. and one of the ports not sure os all different colors no the ones i need.

I took the remote apart and heard a slight rattling noise from the resonator. I made sure all of the soldering was still good and tight so i put it back together and nothing. Everything seems to be alright. Is the resonator supposed to rattle?

And if you think thats the problem do you know where i can get one, all of the websites i found were selling them in packs of 1000's:faint:.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
A4D, the resonator is not supposed to rattle. It's a good bet that this is at least a part of the problem, if not most of it. YOu could probably find the part number and get a replacement from DigiKey, but it might be more hassle than it's worth.

You can pick up a universal remote control anywhere and program it using a code based on a list of manufacturers' codes that's included with the remote.

a4d

Enlightened
It's alright ended up using my cox cable universal remote. first no insignia codes, so i found a website that has other companies that could work with insignia, non of those worked but then i found it has a code searcher, and that ended up working. so i now have TV:grin2:.

The one thing that had me down before i even tried this one was i got the tv from a friend cause i was moving to ohio for college well no remote came with it. We tried 3 other universal remoted none worked so we called bestbuy and they shipped us the real one for the tv ($10) and that worked. but of course i broke it, and the game that infuriates me every day (but is still to much fun) is madden 08' I love the games but there are points that i just want to throw everything well that time i did, and that was the end of that remote.