Quick review - Novatac EDC-120T (Now with Beam Shots!)

recce556

Newly Enlightened
Re: Quick review - Novatac EDC-120T

Could I trouble you to get measurements (dia, height) of the reflector?

The height is 0.530" and the diameter is 0.891" at its widest point. At the base of the reflector, is 0.501" in diameter and the hole is 0.254".

enLIGHTenment

Enlightened
Very interesting.

The dimensions you gave mean it should be a simple mod to fit a Carclo 20mm optic. The result would be a beam pattern similar to that of the new L1 and ExL in a multilevel light that accepts rechargeables.

GreenArcher

Newly Enlightened

No, because this model cannot be configured in any way by the end user. The lights to buy for any configuration changes are either the EDC-85P or EDC-120P. Hey, if you don't need a light with 120 lumens out the front, the EDC-85P will do you well for $110. You can always leave the factory defaults intact if you want......or change everything to your liking.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff.

Didn't know they also have the P series. I do like the option to go full 120, just in case :) Will use the light mostly for backpacking and photography where sometimes I only need the 0.3lux as default. I checked the information from Lighthound. It doesn't say if the 120P can go as low as 0.3lux.

Last edited:

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast

recce556, nice job with the pics and review!

would it be possible to do a runtime on high?

thanks!

BBL

Enlightened

Thanks Jeff.

Didn't know they also have the P series. I do like the option to go full 120, just in case :) Will use the light mostly for backpacking and photography where sometimes I only need the 0.3lux as default. I checked the information from Lighthound. It doesn't say if the 120P can go as low as 0.3lux.

The P-model can do everything the T and base model can do - its just a matter of the right settings.
These lights have 22 brighnes settings, starting at 0.1 lumen or so

btw. the manual is online on novatac.com, this really helps understand what the light is capable of - just requires some time to understand :)

discoverEDC

Enlightened
recce556, thanks for all of the time and effort. If you can, an outdoor beamshot would be appreciated. You may have fulfilled your lifetime contribution requirement to the CPF with this one thread...

SaVaGe

Enlightened
Thanks for the email. Last week NovaTac assured us that we were on track for shipment this month, but we are waiting for further confirmation this week.

John

[SIZE=-1]Lighthound, Inc. Sales[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]http://www.lighthound.com[/SIZE]

This is the e-mail i got from Lighthound. i recieved it today 7-23-07 monday@ 10:30 am CST.

i ordered one of each model :twothumbs

do you guys know if these lights uses cree??

Last edited:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm guessing the black round thing in the head by the LED is probably a heat sensor since the manual says it has one and that would be a logical place for one. It's probably held in place by the black stuff (I forget what that usually is but it looks similar the the potting material in my Longbow LED capsule). Thanks again for this excellent review.