Ra Clicky Fans... Titanium Fans... What do we have here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
P.S. Nice Barky. I've met Mike on several occasions. :D

Gotta love that Bravo-1...

It is a great knife... it hasn't seen as much use, however, as its big brother the Bravo 2. What is a little strange, is that the blade steel on my Bravo 1 is thicker than the steel on the Bravo 2. Both are plenty thick enough to work great.

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah... you guys have seen my madness:laughing:

IMG_1022.jpg

I am in for 2; if I get in trouble, I might as well get in trouble BIG... am I alone in this?

Looks like a happy family.

Which One is your Favorite? :huh:

Armed_Forces

Enlightened
It is a great knife... it hasn't seen as much use, however, as its big brother the Bravo 2. What is a little strange, is that the blade steel on my Bravo 1 is thicker than the steel on the Bravo 2. Both are plenty thick enough to work great.

A good knifemaker chooses the thickness of the blade to give the knife proper balance and handling qualities. Using the stock removal process makes this tricky compared to forging.

Look at a Loveless sometime and notice the tapered tang. The mark of a master. Dozier does this too and happens to have a gorgeous homage made to honor Bob. link

P.S. How do you quote : )> ???

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMHO there is no light like the RA line!! I'm glad to see that maybe I have a little sanity left, I now have 4 but over the years I've probably had 10 or more but sold a few along when I needed money quickly! This titanium version has me excited as it would be the cat's meow for me!! There is just something special about titanium! Already have a Chris Reeve Seb w/Damascus blade and this new RA would be good match sitting side by side in the pocket!!

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Clicky is the only light that has it all by now. It is tough, it is really waterproof, it can be programmed as you want it to have, it has a momentary option, it has an auto-shutoff and features I don't use.

The flush button is great if you carry the light in your pocket, the size is the really right one for me and the beam is great! :)

To make it better, titan would be a real great option. Please put in 200 Lumen too! :wave:

mwaldron

Enlightened
Maybe the elusive 200ww...

I know I'm not gonna be able to afford this.... WTS: Kidney.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know what they say, "if you've got ask" :whistle:

Personally, price is secondary to performance, reliability, aesthetics and ergonomics.
In that order.

Like I stated in the earlier thread, an identical copy of a Clicky, only made in Titanium, is a NO SALE for me.
Come up with something new, push the boundaries instead of drowning in mediocrity. :devil:

I'd be fine with a straight Ti copy.

OTOH, anything more than moderately expensive would overdraw my account right now. :broke:

In principle, I'm fine with that attitude... right up until my card would end up declined and... all that unpleasantness.

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully not too expensive. We are in a recession right now!
Having seen this thread for the first time I too am very excited. But like so many have stated before, I hope this light isn't out of my reach. If it sells anywhere close to what the Ti Twisty's went for not so long ago I'm afraid I won't be able to afford one. But if it's more in line with a typical McGizmo Ti offering then I may have a shot. Here's hoping for the latter...:sssh:

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would someone please explain what the momentary option is exactly? Thanks!!

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would someone please explain what the momentary option is exactly? Thanks!!

To cut it short, it is a tactical UI... somehow!

You push the switch longer than 0,3 seconds and the light goes out when you release the button. You push it only short, the light stays on.

When momentary is disabled, you can push the clicky as long as you want, the light stays on when you release it.

What's more, if you click and press-and-hold, the Clicky goes to a momentary burst... :D

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
Having seen this thread for the first time I too am very excited. But like so many have stated before, I hope this light isn't out of my reach. If it sells anywhere close to what the Ti Twisty's went for not so long ago I'm afraid I won't be able to afford one. But if it's more in line with a typical McGizmo Ti offering then I may have a shot. Here's hoping for the latter...:sssh:

I will be watching the B/S/T forum... Lights like the ti Ra Clicky don't come around too often and I have seen a bump in activity on B/S/T before releases of lights as sought after as this one:devil:

Matt7337

Enlightened
In case Henry is holding back on account of there not being enough interest (hardly :D), I will add mine to the list:

I NEED one!!

PS: Does this forum use strikethrough tags? Tried , [strike], <strike> etc and nothing works?

Status
Not open for further replies.